Early season predictions

BoyzNdaHood

3 hours ago, cowboyandchrist said:

Carthage, best case 16 and 0

worst case, 14 and 2

Kilgore and Marshall both play good football. 
The offense will score a bunch and once the new defense gets locked in, the Dawgs will do what they do. 

Glad you are so confident in the offense. I got Carthage at 8-2 or 9-1 in the regular season. Should be undefeated in district. See what happens in the playoffs. 4a DII Region 2 has some really good teams.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ChinaSpring1 said:

China Spring will be very good again this year. We were concerned about our QB graduating but then the new move-in helped those concerns. It will be tough moving up to Division 1 and #1 Stephenville in our district (as well as #8 La Vega). CS will be a tough out. 

Did #11 graduate? What about some of those stud D-Lineman? And then big #74? Depends on CS new coach. And also depends who replaces the QB. Not a whole lot of difference in DI and DII at the 4a level. I think CS vs SV would have been a hell of a game last year. 

1 hour ago, EastTxFinest said:

I was wondering if you was going to come outta hibernation 🐻 no worries my way ole son. We got a heck of squad returning. Who all did yall return besides #10?

Lol. We return all skill positions minus one.  Time will tell on our O and D line….I’ll get back with you soon on that.  😁    

12 hours ago, SmoakyBandito said:

Glad you are so confident in the offense. I got Carthage at 8-2 or 9-1 in the regular season. Should be undefeated in district. See what happens in the playoffs. 4a DII Region 2 has some really good teams.

In the 8-2 scenario, do you have Carthage losing to Kilgore and Marshall? 

I will have to see the offense outperform last year's offense for a few games before I'm completely sold on the improvement.  Despite replacing a ton of starters on defense, I am not worried about the defense.  Preston always has Carthage defense playing well. 

26 minutes ago, mikehoncho said:

In the 8-2 scenario, do you have Carthage losing to Kilgore and Marshall? 

I will have to see the offense outperform last year's offense for a few games before I'm completely sold on the improvement.  Despite replacing a ton of starters on defense, I am not worried about the defense.  Preston always has Carthage defense playing well. 

Agree. Defense will be legit. Not worried about them at all. Offense should be very good. I’m just not going to get on here going all in saying they are “loaded”. This is basically the same offense from last year. Granted they have had another year to get better as a group. Let’s see.

Kilgore, Marshall, or Cornerstone are all tough games. That Cornerstone game last year was closer than the score. I think they had a heck of a team 2 years ago. Maybe 10-0. If I had to bet money I’d say 9-1. 8-2 would be losing 2 out of those 3. Could happen, but doubtful.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, SmoakyBandito said:

Agree. Defense will be legit. Not worried about them at all. Offense should be very good. I’m just not going to get on here going all in saying they are “loaded”. This is basically the same offense from last year. Granted they have had another year to get better as a group. Let’s see.

Kilgore, Marshall, or Cornerstone are all tough games. That Cornerstone game last year was closer than the score. I think they had a heck of a team 2 years ago. Maybe 10-0. If I had to bet money I’d say 9-1. 8-2 would be losing 2 out of those 3. Could happen, but doubtful.

I'm the same way regarding the offense.  I would be happy to be made a believer on the offense and I do believe they will be improved (you have to be, right? lol) but I just want to temper my expectations before getting too excited.  

I don't know much about Cornerstone this year, but I think if Carthage if going to drop one in non-district the most likely game is Kilgore in the first week.  I'm also curious to see how Marshall does under Alvarez.  

17 minutes ago, mikehoncho said:

I'm the same way regarding the offense.  I would be happy to be made a believer on the offense and I do believe they will be improved (you have to be, right? lol) but I just want to temper my expectations before getting too excited.  

I don't know much about Cornerstone this year, but I think if Carthage if going to drop one in non-district the most likely game is Kilgore in the first week.  I'm also curious to see how Marshall does under Alvarez.  

Kilgore will be a good test, but it’s hard to imagine CHS losing a home game.  That hasn’t happened in about 6 years. 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, SmoakyBandito said:

Not the same offense……couple of new faces on line……2 good/really good athletes new to Carthage…..and one of the returning skill players is bigger but quiet a bit quicker. 
Offense may stink up the world for 10 games, but has the potential to be way better than 2021.