Early season predictions

BoyzNdaHood

8 hours ago, mikehoncho said:

In the 8-2 scenario, do you have Carthage losing to Kilgore and Marshall? 

I will have to see the offense outperform last year's offense for a few games before I'm completely sold on the improvement.  Despite replacing a ton of starters on defense, I am not worried about the defense.  Preston always has Carthage defense playing well. 

The 6ft 3” 200 lb young man is listed on 247. Could be a game changer on offense. I have a lot of confidence in the offense. 10 starters back with a full year to work, grow, and learn from their mistakes. Bigger, stronger, faster, and Surratt. Last year I expected to much out of the offense last year. New O line, new QB, new running backs. 
This year we will see the Dawgs scoring like we are accustomed to seeing. 

• Prayers 1

1 hour ago, cowboyandchrist said:

The 6ft 3” 200 lb young man is listed on 247. Could be a game changer on offense. I have a lot of confidence in the offense. 10 starters back with a full year to work, grow, and learn from their mistakes. Bigger, stronger, faster, and Surratt. Last year I expected to much out of the offense last year. New O line, new QB, new running backs. 
This year we will see the Dawgs scoring like we are accustomed to seeing. 

What is the young lad's name?

Celina should put together another solid season. Bobcats bring back a lot of key pieces, specifically the skill positions on both sides. Celina will have to replace a lot on the offensive line, but they picked up a nice out-of-state move in, and some returning players that should fill in nicely. The JV was undefeated and I believe (could be mistaken) only gave up one or two scores a year ago.

The schedule is not the toughest, so I expect the Bobcats to be 10-0 heading into the playoffs. Region II in Div. I is absurd, so beyond the first round, every matchup is going to be nasty. Looking at Celina vs Stephenville/China Spring/La Vega in the second round, whoever comes in 3rd in that district. No reason Celina shouldn’t compete and be in the conversation for Region champ though. I imagine whoever wins Region II will play for the state title too.

On 8/4/2022 at 1:58 PM, GTAlumnus said:

This Gunter team should be very good.  We could be challenged in district by Bells, challenged by Holliday in region II, and by Canadian in the semis.  In non-district we could certainly lose to Brock, a great program, or Gladewater (not familiar with them at all).  I have no idea how good the 3 private schools will be.  TCA Addision probably the best  of the 3, we'll see.  If we were to make it to Jerry World I would have great confidence of winning our 3rd SC, because I think Canadian would, so if we face them we need to find a way to win.  They went 3 deep last year with a JV team.

Prediction best case 16-0, Worst case 13-2 (losses to Brock and Canadian).

I think if the qb gets comfy with the offense early  16-0. If it takes him a while 16-0. Lol. Too much weaponry, tradition, and coach Fieszel at the helm !!

18 hours ago, BevBrownJr said:

What is the young lad's name?

15 hours ago, cowboyandchrist said:

I have not seen his name listed on Smoaky. 
someone on here posted he was listed in the top 300 on the 247 ranking. 

Someone else who may know better can correct me if I’m wrong, but in my short googling I think it might have been Bradan Manning. 

14 hours ago, EastTxFinest said:

He's had our number of late but the change of scenery may be to much for him early on 😆🤣 

We'll see. Went and caught a glimpse of the intrasquad scrimmage this morning. Watson is every bit as advertised. Welch is a mauler and the Gonzalez kid is one hell of an athlete. When Watson was under center and the 1s were out there we looked like we've been running the flex for a while. When he wasn't under center......not so much lol. We got 6'1 300 lb Welch at center, 6'2 290 lb Fite is right beside him at RG, and the LG is about 6'2 280.....them big ole boys create some space for the FB lol. Both tackles much smaller with some quickness. Looking forward to seeing how they look against LE. Had a few position changes this year on defense....kids were getting after it on D. As opposed to the last several years....the studs are gonna play both ways. I didn't think we would have very much depth after graduating so many but we got more than I expected at the skills and on the line. I was worried but I think life is gonna be just fine. Looking forward to that Daingerfield match up. Should be a fun one, as always. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, d0tc0m said:

Celina should put together another solid season. Bobcats bring back a lot of key pieces, specifically the skill positions on both sides. Celina will have to replace a lot on the offensive line, but they picked up a nice out-of-state move in, and some returning players that should fill in nicely. The JV was undefeated and I believe (could be mistaken) only gave up one or two scores a year ago.

The schedule is not the toughest, so I expect the Bobcats to be 10-0 heading into the playoffs. Region II in Div. I is absurd, so beyond the first round, every matchup is going to be nasty. Looking at Celina vs Stephenville/China Spring/La Vega in the second round, whoever comes in 3rd in that district. No reason Celina shouldn’t compete and be in the conversation for Region champ though. I imagine whoever wins Region II will play for the state title too.

Let’s be honest here, the R2 & R3 champs are HEAVILY favored to meet for the title. 

9 hours ago, LetsGoEagles said:

Let’s be honest here, the R2 & R3 champs are HEAVILY favored to meet for the title. 

No doubt. I do think Reg III vs Reg IV might be a slightly better semifinal matchup than Reg I vs Reg II, just because of a little more depth in Reg IV, but the difference is marginal. Regions II and III are just gross. So stacked.

• Like 1

@Chill5000  what's your prediction on the dawgs this year, they got hot at the end of the year and played like they were expected at the beginning of the year.... went and watched a few games last year and they looked good.. do they pick up where they left off? Knew #3 from last year, dude had some wheels no doubt, not used enough IMO

On 8/4/2022 at 8:49 PM, SmoakyBandito said:

Glad you are so confident in the offense. I got Carthage at 8-2 or 9-1 in the regular season. Should be undefeated in district. See what happens in the playoffs. 4a DII Region 2 has some really good teams.

I can see the Dawgs giving up points early on as the new starters settle in on defense.  I think the non-district schedule will have some teams that can score.  I can see the Dawgs dropping one or two also.

Offensively, the skill positions will be insane.  Has to be improvement on the offensive line though to really score the way some are thinking.

15 hours ago, BoyzNdaHood said:

@Chill5000  what's your prediction on the dawgs this year, they got hot at the end of the year and played like they were expected at the beginning of the year.... went and watched a few games last year and they looked good.. do they pick up where they left off? Knew #3 from last year, dude had some wheels no doubt, not used enough IMO

That dude thinks CHill would win 6-A state & Lindale will go 0-10 LoL