Early season predictions

BoyzNdaHood

On 8/4/2022 at 1:37 PM, LoboFan07 said:

Aledo might have something to say about any type of rematch lol but we'll see. Long road ahead, one with Lancaster/Tyler/Crosby/Frisco Lone Star all thrown in there first.

Allen is the QB for his final year unless he gets injured. He was much improved during 7v7 and the summer overall, just gotta hope it translates to the fall. Is what it is. Should be much better the next couple of years, but we'll live with what we got this season.

We have our work cut out for us. As of right now Denton Ryan deserves to be considered the R1 favorite. Its our job to earn that spot. Week 2 against 6A #6 Denton Guyer will tell us a lot. 

3 hours ago, AledoAlumni said:

And why is that?

Because I want Longview to win state, I think if y’all meet up it’d be really deep or in the title game (have not checked on it).

Also, I’d like for Carthage to tie y’all for number of state championships won (hoping for #9 for Carthage this season).

In the past, when folks have inquired about a hypothetical Aledo versus Carthage game, most notably after the 2020 state championship games, the overwhelming reaction from Aledo fans was that of total dismissal of the possibility Aledo could lose to Carthage.

I am not one of these fans who dislikes Aledo due to the success of the Bearcat program, I’m from Carthage, so that doesn’t play for me.

I have a huge amount of respect for Aledo.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, HearEmaGrowlin said:

Because I want Longview to win state, I think if y’all meet up it’d be really deep or in the title game (have not checked on it).

Also, I’d like for Carthage to tie y’all for number of state championships won (hoping for #9 for Carthage this season).

In the past, when folks have inquired about a hypothetical Aledo versus Carthage game, most notably after the 2020 state championship games, the overwhelming reaction from Aledo fans was that of total dismissal of the possibility Aledo could lose to Carthage.

I am not one of these fans who dislikes Aledo due to the success of the Bearcat program, I’m from Carthage, so that doesn’t play for me.

I have a huge amount of respect for Aledo.

Just seems strange you would single us out to lose when you want another team to win. Why not just say you hope Longview wins it all. No need to smack around Aledo in the process lol. Personally I am someone who punches up. I want Aledo to play top tier 6A teams. Fortunately for us we play #6 Denton Guyer week 2. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, AledoAlumni said:

Just seems strange you would single us out to lose when you want another team to win. Why not just say you hope Longview wins it all. No need to smack around Aledo in the process lol. Personally I am someone who punches up. I want Aledo to play top tier 6A teams. Fortunately for us we play #6 Denton Guyer week 2. 

I hear you about the punching up thing, I feel exactly the same way, which is why I like the thought of playing up in classification.

I was being honest when I said I think y’all will be there near or at the end for hopefully Longview to defeat.  That’s part of the singling y’all out, because I expect Aledo to be playing very deep into the playoffs.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, HearEmaGrowlin said:

I hear you about the punching up thing, I feel exactly the same way, which is why I like the thought of playing up in classification.

I was being honest when I said I think y’all will be there near or at the end for hopefully Longview to defeat.  That’s part of the singling y’all out, because I expect Aledo to be playing very deep into the playoffs.

I'd love to play Longview just for Lobofan07 game preview!! We have El Cucuy in our district named Denton Ryan. We've never beat them in our history. Although I think we have only played twice in the playoffs. 

• Like 1

On 8/17/2022 at 5:37 PM, HearEmaGrowlin said:

Obviously anything is possible.  In '20 we played Cedar Hill in non-district. Had a sophomore QB lead us on the game winning drive before throwing an int. Had opportunities to win that game. Later that season Cedar Hill played for the 6AD2 state championship and lost. When we compete well with top tier 6A schools it is not as interesting to talk about playing a 4AD2 team. Yall didnt play anyone in 5A let alone top tier teams to compare with. No doubt yall were extremely dominate but at the 4AD2 level. Yall didnt even play a top tier 4AD1 team. You might say Kilgore, but they didnt even win their region. So I get it when Aledo fans were dismissive of the hypothetical. Not enough to really compare. 

2 hours ago, AledoAlumni said:

Obviously anything is possible.  In '20 we played Cedar Hill in non-district. Had a sophomore QB lead us on the game winning drive before throwing an int. Had opportunities to win that game. Later that season Cedar Hill played for the 6AD2 state championship and lost. When we compete well with top tier 6A schools it is not as interesting to talk about playing a 4AD2 team. Yall didnt play anyone in 5A let alone top tier teams to compare with. No doubt yall were extremely dominate but at the 4AD2 level. Yall didnt even play a top tier 4AD1 team. You might say Kilgore, but they didnt even win their region. So I get it when Aledo fans were dismissive of the hypothetical. Not enough to really compare. 

I respect this post, you admit anything is possible and actually thought about it to some degree.

We can say Carthage didn’t have the most difficult schedule.

The Bulldogs did what they were supposed to do and just because their schedule wasn’t as tough as Aledo’s that doesn’t mean they wouldn’t defeat Aledo.

Gilmer’s only two losses that season were to Carthage.

One thing that is interesting is y’all beat Crosby in the state championship game, and Carthage beat Crosby  in the opening game of the next season.

A lot of their team remained except the QB; Carthage had an entire new offense, the entire new starting OL was all out due to covid as well as the new starting RB.

I know it was a new season and a few players were new for Crosby, but we were way different on offense and won in their backyard.

Just a fun fact.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, AledoAlumni said:

That 2020 Dawg team man for man was as good as Aledo. Matter of fact the O line was better. Averaged 308 pounds. 
Kelvonta Dixon would have been the best athlete on the field. 

13 hours ago, AledoAlumni said:

11 hours ago, HearEmaGrowlin said:

I respect this post, you admit anything is possible and actually thought about it to some degree.

We can say Carthage didn’t have the most difficult schedule.

The Bulldogs did what they were supposed to do and just because their schedule wasn’t as tough as Aledo’s that doesn’t mean they wouldn’t defeat Aledo.

Gilmer’s only two losses that season were to Carthage.

One thing that is interesting is y’all beat Crosby in the state championship game, and Carthage beat Crosby  in the opening game of the next season.

A lot of their team remained except the QB; Carthage had an entire new offense, the entire new starting OL was all out due to covid as well as the new starting RB.

I know it was a new season and a few players were new for Crosby, but we were way different on offense and won in their backyard.

Just a fun fact.

11 hours ago, cowboyandchrist said:

That 2020 Dawg team man for man was as good as Aledo. Matter of fact the O line was better. Averaged 308 pounds. 

While I do agree with my fellow Carthaginians that the 2020 Carthage team could have played with just about anyone, including Aledo and win (D1 QB, D1 RB, D1 WR, D1 OT, D1 LB, and a whole host of others playing at the next level) ... I also don't know why anyone ever talks about it, as it will never matter.  They will never be within striking distance of one another enrollment wise or distance wise to actually ever play.  I get that some people have fun discussing hypotheticals that will never be tested and touting that their team would beat whoever's team, but I personally find myself groaning and face palming anytime I see anyone from either fan base bringing it up again.  

Sorry for being a party pooper, by all means everyone carry on.  I just had to rant for a minute. lol. 

• Like 1
  • LOL! 1

14 minutes ago, LetsGoEagles said:

Based on what Chapel Hill fans are saying, Chapel Hill wins 6A, 5A AND 4A titles this year! 

They have the pieces in place to have a pretty good team. I think Riordan will keep them motivated with the desire to improve every week. Hopefully they can avoid the injury bug. Looking forward to some football!

• Like 1

20 hours ago, cowboyandchrist said:

Well no wonder why you think Carthage would win. Youre using a player that graduated the year before lol! 

My prediction for Argyle in their first year of 5A-D2 is 8-2 going into the playoffs.  Maybe 10-3 or even 10-4 this season depending on how the QB position finally works out.  The Eagles should play at least 4 or 5 games to start this season using 2 QB's that are each very capable, yet different styles.  Running game will be tough to stop. Almost the entire starting D returns.  Heck, they might end up being pretty hard to beat by the playoffs.

9 hours ago, cowboyandchrist said:

I should of said 19 and 20 match up well. 
Your right Dixon was on 19. 
you have to admit both 19 and 20 would match up with Aledo. 

'20 I think it would be an interesting game. '19 I think we win comfortably. We played 6A Denton Guyer in non-district and lost by 3. That same year they went to state. Also played Fort Bend Marshall and were able to handle their speed. Honestly I was watching Dixon's senior highlights on hudl and he is good but not anything special compared to other players we faced. I dont even think it is a better player than Jojo Earle on Aledo. Without a doubt Devon Achane is the best player Aledo faced in '19. Dixon isnt close to this kid. 

33 minutes ago, AledoAlumni said:

'20 I think it would be an interesting game. '19 I think we win comfortably. We played 6A Denton Guyer in non-district and lost by 3. That same year they went to state. Also played Fort Bend Marshall and were able to handle their speed. Honestly I was watching Dixon's senior highlights on hudl and he is good but not anything special compared to other players we faced. I dont even think it is a better player than Jojo Earle on Aledo. Without a doubt Devon Achane is the best player Aledo faced in '19. Dixon isnt close to this kid. 

Earle was better than Dixon.

On 8/19/2022 at 9:54 AM, CHDog77 said:

They have the pieces in place to have a pretty good team. I think Riordan will keep them motivated with the desire to improve every week. Hopefully they can avoid the injury bug. Looking forward to some football!

How many yall lose on O? I know #3 macfoy will be missed