Early season predictions

BoyzNdaHood

On 8/4/2022 at 8:43 AM, BoyzNdaHood said:

Curious how yall see lobos playing out this year? I've been reading up on em and see that #1 ranking, yall feel like they should be in that spot? I know the talent is there, and seen the QB play issues... thoughts

I'll be disappointed with anything less than State Semifinals, but honestly this team has the talent to win it all...   just gotta stay healthy and not beat ourselves. 

• Like 2

On 8/7/2022 at 6:08 PM, BoyzNdaHood said:

@Chill5000  what's your prediction on the dawgs this year, they got hot at the end of the year and played like they were expected at the beginning of the year.... went and watched a few games last year and they looked good.. do they pick up where they left off? Knew #3 from last year, dude had some wheels no doubt, not used enough IMO

As long as they stay healthy I see CH winning the district this year. Soon to be sophomore running back and quarterback gained a ton of experience in the playoffs last year. Defense is young but very athletic. QB is 8 games into his varsity level ball including playoffs and has multiple D1 offers already. Kid can be very special. Chapel Hill is loaded with athleticism and speed. Going to be very tough to win this district but if the injury bug stays away I dont see any team in this district with the exception of Kilgore being able to keep up with a very high scoring and electric offense. 

On 8/8/2022 at 9:38 AM, LetsGoEagles said:

That dude thinks CHill would win 6-A state & Lindale will go 0-10 LoL 

never said Lindale will go 0-10. Never said CH will win state. 

I said I think CH wins the district and Lindale misses the playoffs this year. I will be here when its all said and done this year. The team Lindale beat last year is nothing like they will see this year. Coach got rid of a locker room cancer that Lindale saw personally. I think Lindale will be plenty competitive just do not  see them beating CH, Kilgore, Henderson. They could possible get the 4th spot instead of Ville or Palestine. The team that went to the state semi and lost in the last 9 seconds to LBJ will be who Lindale plays. A talented and loaded offense with speed and athleticism. 

Hope fully Lindale can  prove me wrong. I personally would rather see them in the playoffs instead of ville or pstine. 

1 hour ago, Chill5000 said:

I said I think CH wins the district and Lindale misses the playoffs this year. I will be here when its all said and done this year. The team Lindale beat last year is nothing like they will see this year. Coach got rid of a locker room cancer that Lindale saw personally. I think Lindale will be plenty competitive just do not  see them beating CH, Kilgore, Henderson. They could possible get the 4th spot instead of Ville or Palestine. The team that went to the state semi and lost in the last 9 seconds to LBJ will be who Lindale plays. A talented and loaded offense with speed and athleticism. 

Hope fully Lindale can  prove me wrong. I personally would rather see them in the playoffs instead of ville or pstine. 

You said what you said because your feelings are still hurt after 3 whippins in 2 years. I’m pretty sure we held ya’ll too like 40 points in 3 games. It’s Ok. Season will play out. Maybe you’ll beat us by 40. I’ll own it if you beat us. Will you? 

3 hours ago, Chill5000 said:

As long as they stay healthy I see CH winning the district this year. Soon to be sophomore running back and quarterback gained a ton of experience in the playoffs last year. Defense is young but very athletic. QB is 8 games into his varsity level ball including playoffs and has multiple D1 offers already. Kid can be very special. Chapel Hill is loaded with athleticism and speed. Going to be very tough to win this district but if the injury bug stays away I dont see any team in this district with the exception of Kilgore being able to keep up with a very high scoring and electric offense. 

I watched the lindale game, Kilgore game (playoffs) damn good game, and LBJ game, that QB is definitely a playmaker.... I love watching our local teams here in Tyler and surrounding areas ball out, got a feeling CHill will be in the same spot as last year playing for Jerry's world

3 hours ago, Chill5000 said:

#3 Solomon macfoy, I been watching him since he was a youngster... wasn't used enough IMO but I'm no coach

13 minutes ago, BoyzNdaHood said:

#3 Solomon macfoy, I been watching him since he was a youngster... wasn't used enough IMO but I'm no coach

Unfortunately he graduated....heck of a player. Will be hard to replace him in the secondary!

6 minutes ago, CHDog77 said:

Unfortunately he graduated....heck of a player. Will be hard to replace him in the secondary!

Yep his grandpa lives in Winona and coaches the lil league team.. his younger brother I can't think of his name, we called him C.J. should be in the tenth grade if I'm not mistaken... he has some height on him just not that speed like soloman

• Like 1

On 8/4/2022 at 6:43 AM, BoyzNdaHood said:

@ANTI

@LoboFan07

@LOL

Curious how yall see lobos playing out this year? I've been reading up on em and see that #1 ranking, yall feel like they should be in that spot? I know the talent is there, and seen the QB play issues... thoughts

The talent is there to play in December. 

What will ultimately determine whether we get ship #2 in 5 years is QB play.

The good news is Jordan Allen (6'2 200) has been throwing varsity passes since his sophomore year, and he's had a good summer. So the fan base is really hoping that this is the year that he "pops". And he doesn't even have to be elite. Just manage the game enough not to hurt us. 

There's also a certain JR on the roster that I think several have sorta forgotten, but I'm very much still a believer if things don't work out with QB1. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, ANTI said:

The good news is Jordan Allen (6'2 200) has been throwing varsity passes since his sophomore year, and he's had a good summer. So the fan base is really hoping that this is the year that he "pops". And he doesn't even have to be elite. Just manage the game enough not to hurt us. 

There's also a certain JR on the roster that I think several have sorta forgotten, but I'm very much still a believer if things don't work out with QB1. 

We had a kid named OB Jones that was mediocre to decent at best his sophomore and junior years....very athletic, just wasn't able to put it all together......his senior year something just clicked and he was absolutely a duel threat stud.....didn't even look like the same kid. I think the new OC had a lot to do with it but the moral of the story.....Allen could possibly flip that switch this year and elevate to new heights. 

42 minutes ago, Eagle8 said:

We had a kid named OB Jones that was mediocre to decent at best his sophomore and junior years....very athletic, just wasn't able to put it all together......his senior year something just clicked and he was absolutely a duel threat stud.....didn't even look like the same kid. I think the new OC had a lot to do with it but the moral of the story.....Allen could possibly flip that switch this year and elevate to new heights. 

Hope so.

Kid has a very high work ethic. Goes on college visits, attends camps beyond the TX border, has a personal QB trainer. Just hasn't quite translated to the field yet but he had a monstrous summer leading us to the state 7v7 tourney. Hoping he builds off that. 

On 8/11/2022 at 8:25 AM, ANTI said:

Who was the QB that graduated last year that played well when he was in.. if memory serves me correct, I want to say #10

Did he move to the next level?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BoyzNdaHood said:

Who was the QB that graduated last year that played well when he was in.. if memory serves me correct, I want to say #10

Did he move to the next level?

Josh Thomas. Helluva kid and athlete. He's a Mulerider now. 

32 minutes ago, LOL said:

Yup. Same as Kamden Perry. 🐐

he was player for sure... he was at Incarnate Word? Coach Smiley’s first year but Ive where they’ve started to get in to Etx for some players it seems a bit more  , they offered a corner from texas high this summer.   Gonna have to make a game. Kendall Reid who played at T High suppose to get some time at TE

• Like 1

Guest Tiger03lb

I could see koff going 6-4 to 8-2 in the regular season.

Playoffs I can see them going to semi regional finals to regional finals.

On 8/8/2022 at 10:41 AM, HHSFan95 said:

Anywhere from 6-4 to 10-0.  Harmony, Cooper, Pewitt, & DeKalb will all be tough games.  I'll say 8-2 losing to Harmony and Cooper then winning District.  Gotta stay healthy!!!

I think that will be all Dekalb 

• Love 1