Scrimmages this week

RETIREDFAN1

1 minute ago, Eagle8 said:

Did Jeffy have anything other than the RB? He was a one man show last year....no offense Dog fans lol

They have a fairly allusive QB when he runs, his passing is so so. Hard to judge because Waskom has just about all new people on offensive. 

Mineola and Winona

Neither varsity scored in controlled or set at the end... no live quarter

Winona 2 int's, mineola 1 int 

Both teams held their own pretty well

Mineola drove down inside the 5 at the end and Winona picked it off.....

Good luck to the yellow jackets this year 

32 minutes ago, BoyzNdaHood said:

Mineola ought to be good this year got some big boys suited up, RB is explosive, QB is a dual threat with good vision... he pulled it a few times and refs blew it dead, had they not he likely would have scored

Winona has some big boys on the line and made some plays…RB made some good moves…DB’s are gonna get some pick 6’s this year…Good luck to Winona 

• Like 1

Guest Tiger03lb

Varsity #1 controlled 
Koff-1
Arp-0 

Jv #1 controlled 
Koff-3
Arp-0

Varsity #2 controlled 
Koff-1
Arp-0

Jv #2 controlled
Koff-1

Arp-0

Live 1 qtr 

Koff-3 Arp-0

Koff had a pick six and had a int at goal line

1 play drive 97 yd td run Tennison 

2 play drive with 40/50 yd td catch, Massingall from Jones

3 play drive with 30 pass out the flat, hogg from Jones

Arp has some potential on the offense. #2 looks like he'll be getting the load and is a good hard runner. Qb can throw good mid range passes if he has time, their o line is pretty big. Defense got some work to do. 

Koff offense is looking good. Just need to get some varsity experience at qb but looks good so far. Defense we got some speed on the ends, backers did better than I thought we would be at, and secondary looks good/better than years pass at the beginning of the year. 

1 hour ago, Tiger03lb said:

Varsity #1 controlled 
Koff-1
Arp-0 

Jv #1 controlled 
Koff-3
Arp-0

Varsity #2 controlled 
Koff-1
Arp-0

Jv #2 controlled
Koff-1

Arp-0

Live 1 qtr 

Koff-3 Arp-0

Koff had a pick six and had a int at goal line

1 play drive 97 yd td run Tennison 

2 play drive with 40/50 yd td catch, Massingall from Jones

3 play drive with 30 pass out the flat, hogg from Jones

Arp has some potential on the offense. #2 looks like he'll be getting the load and is a good hard runner. Qb can throw good mid range passes if he has time, their o line is pretty big. Defense got some work to do. 

Koff offense is looking good. Just need to get some varsity experience at qb but looks good so far. Defense we got some speed on the ends, backers did better than I thought we would be at, and secondary looks good/better than years pass at the beginning of the year. 

Thanks boss good luck to y’all 

Grapeland vs. Cushing

JV

Grapeland 1-0

in controlled scrimmage 20+ plays a piece 

Grapeland 2-0

in controlled Scrimmage with 25 plays for both 

In 30 minute timed quarter

0-0 with both teams getting deep in the other territory and fumbling the ball.

Both Cushing fumbles came without hits…. Just dropping the ball on option play and sweep play.  Both teams a little rusty.  Both teams with a lot of size and speed.  Cushing with a couple of lineamen 6’4” plus.

Heard and saw a lot of pop… both teams with a JV about 16-17 kids and both varsities about 21-23 kids out.  Grapeland can Pass and Cushing had added that element as well with the Sophomore QB from JV last year… very poised and collected.  Cushing is much bigger than the last few years.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Sportsguru02 said:

Man I don’t know why we waste our time scrimmaging the water. They don’t even wanna play a live qtr just 40 plays each 

Gas prices- Save some money and make the 9 miles drive. 

Didn’t it get canceled right before the live quarter due to lightning? 

But I agree y’all should probably scrimmage a team in your classification or bigger.  
 The rivalry is over for a while and has been. 

Jax-K

Zipped thru it real quick this morning ....this is what I think it looked like

Controlled ... Jax 1 (long pass) and K-1; Backemups 0-0

Other ... Jax 2, K 2 (one a long run); Jax added FG

What I took away from it ... Between the tackles on both sides of the ball is not Jax strength yet

Turnover issues - Jax had three INT (at least one a potential pick-six) and one lost fumble; K had one Int

Defense for both will need to improve ... which I expect they will ... Jax D showed a little more intensity than what I remember last year ...

All-in-all, it is too early to be making assumptions on either bunch ... I'm just glad Friday nights are back.

Doesn't look like many Jax fans made the trip.

May be an image of 2 people, people playing sports, outdoors and stadium

12 hours ago, Eagle8 said:

Would love to see Tatum vs Gilmer on the sked next realignment maybe. Give Keeling a few years to dig in. 

Wouldn’t be good. They have 120 kids on the sidelines. As far as athletes yall might hang for a bit but the depth would wear y’all down.