Scrimmages this week

RETIREDFAN1

20 hours ago, PantherNation2015 said:

@Vandalmanlet me know how it goes.  I can’t make it tonight.

I heard it went well for both teams! The controlled portion was ok, and the live portion even better! I believe SH introduced a new offense called the Slot-T, so we’ll see if it’ll be successful! 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, GWBears01 said:

Wouldn’t be good. They have 120 kids on the sidelines. As far as athletes yall might hang for a bit but the depth would wear y’all down. 

Aint worried about winning. We only beat them once when we were playing consistently. But we generally gave them a decent work out and we got better from it. Had some great games in the past. 

9 minutes ago, Panther89 said:

I heard it went well for both teams! The controlled portion was ok, and the live portion even better! I believe SH introduced a new offense called the Slot-T, so we’ll see if it’ll be successful! 

“One of the differences from last year to this year is the change of the offensive formation to the Pistol-Flex.”  Coach Joslin in the LNJ article earlier this month.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, PantherNation2015 said:

“One of the differences from last year to this year is the change of the offensive formation to the Pistol-Flex.”  Coach Joslin in the LNJ article earlier this month.

Fun offense.....its what Gunter runs. Quite different that the slot-T actually. More option as opposed to mis-direction. 

38 minutes ago, PantherNation2015 said:

Heard SH was also going to run the split back veer some.

1 hour ago, PantherNation2015 said:

I don’t care what offense we run, just as long as we’ve got the players to execute the plays effectively and we score more points! 

9 minutes ago, Panther89 said:

I don’t care what offense we run, just as long as we’ve got the players to execute the plays effectively and we score more points! 

Just wait until after the 1st game to figure it out. Our chances to win some games this year are limited. 

13 minutes ago, Nick2011 said:

West Rusk vs Garrison scrimmage results:

Controlled: WR-3 TD Garrison-0 TD

Live Quarter: WR- 20 Garrison-7

Garrison scored at the very end of the live quarter against the 2’s. 

Lol Garrison?

Y’all’s opponent next week have a pulse?

14 minutes ago, Eagleborn said:

Lol that’s why it’s called the pistol flex and not  slot flex 😂

Huh? Pistol flex is basically just like our flex. QB just in Pistol depth. Was just stating that because Panther89 called it the slot-T.

14 minutes ago, Nick2011 said:

Not sure why they scrimmaged Garrison. We scrimmage White Oak Thursday so you tell me? 

Probably scrimmaged Garrison because on any given year, Garrison can be better/equal to WR. WR has a great chance to win 1 or 2 playoff games again this year.

Also, many schools were unable to find a full scrimmage schedule this year. WR may have not had many choices. 

39 minutes ago, Eagle8 said:

Huh? Pistol flex is basically just like our flex. QB just in Pistol depth. Was just stating that because Panther89 called it the slot-T.

Not saying the pistol is bad but by the time the qb gets the ball in a pistol, under center he would of already had his first step AND read.

14 minutes ago, Destry said:

Not saying the pistol is bad but by the time the qb gets the ball in a pistol, under center he would of already had his first step AND read.

Dunno bud. Sometimes you need just a second more to make a better read on the EDGE to see if he is crashing down or staying home. We ran a pistol triangle type formation several years ago with a QB that made good reads. A RB standing just to each side of the QB then one RB behind him. Triple option worked really well with him out of the pistol. Chaston Brooks, kid would pitch it 10 yards down field and make stuff happen lol. He was fun to watch. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Nick2011 said:

It’s a scrimmage… who cares? WR scheduled a good non district schedule so that’s all that matters. 

The one time I don't knock you and you still get defensive. I wasn't saying it was a bad scrimmage lol. 

Just now, Nick2011 said:

I wasn’t being defensive, just stating a fact. Lol

Oh, I don't disagree. Glorified practice. Love seeing "we won" on a scrimmage thread lol. Hopefully every team won. Only way to lose is to not gain anything from it. 

Granted I will say.....scrimmaging a team close to your size and one that's supposed to be somewhat along your talent level makes more sense. Get more out of it as far as what you can notice from the 1s and 2s. A mediocre 2A D2 vs a stud 3A D1(for example) won't tell you much. Definitely not on each team's 2s. 

22 minutes ago, Nick2011 said:

It’s a scrimmage… who cares? WR scheduled a good non district schedule so that’s all that matters. 

Amen, some people get WAY too high and WAY too low after the scrimmages.   Just relax and panic after a district loss that shouldn’t happen.  LOL

6 minutes ago, BlackShirtD said:

Amen, some people get WAY too high and WAY too low after the scrimmages.   Just relax and panic after a district loss that shouldn’t happen.  LOL

Remember one year we didn't return much and Center did. We literally walked all over them in the 1st scrimmage of the year. I mean, it was rough. Like 400 yards vs nearly nothing. Walked away from there thinking it was gonna be one hell of a year. 4-6 that year lol. Center did much better in 4A lol. 

• Like 1