IRS to hire 87,000 new agents…will sit around and twittle their thumbs

gamewatcher63

13 minutes ago, RETIREDFAN1 said:

Because the whole "This won't raise taxes on anyone making less than $400,000 per year" was untrue. And I think most Americans know that.

<sarcasm>
As someone in the middle class, I can't wait for my taxes to go up! Especially with inflation being what it is!
</sarcasm>

It's effectively a pay cut.

And honestly, from time to time I think about taking on some "side" projects to make a little extra. I even considered starting a small software dev LLC. But with the threat of IRS audits, I don't know if I want to do that. The IRS can ruin people.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Youngcoach123 said:

Banks reporting deposits over 600$ all electronic app reporting the same. It’s about to be a crack down with a lot of guns and ammo.

Will this be the proverbial "match" to set it off?

19 minutes ago, Youngcoach123 said:

Banks reporting deposits over 600$ all electronic app reporting the same. It’s about to be a crack down with a lot of guns and ammo.

What I'm wondering about is does that apply to every time I get paid? I get paid every two weeks, so does that mean every time I get paid these yahoos are reporting it? I (sort of) get what they're trying to do, but "targeting" everyone isn't the way to do it.

3 hours ago, Monte1076 said:

What I'm wondering about is does that apply to every time I get paid? I get paid every two weeks, so does that mean every time I get paid these yahoos are reporting it? I (sort of) get what they're trying to do, but "targeting" everyone isn't the way to do it.

They've always reported it by sending your taxes in.  I think $600 is too low a number though.  I think it should be $10000 a deposit.  Most people make over $600 a week that are over the age of 21.  If they're not then they're lazy.  

16 minutes ago, RETIREDFAN1 said:

Just deposit $500 in regular intervals......easy to get by.....

But companies are not going to deposit your pay check in $500 intervals, unless you go through all the paperwork to send your check to different accounts with automatic deposit. Which could be done, but what a pain in the rear. 

Plus, these guys won't be smart enough to twittle their thumbs-because they won't be anything more than political hacks for either side of the aisle. Nothing more than the American version of the Gestapo. Because they won't be going after corporations, who will have the best lawyers and accounts working for them, they will have to go to the small businesses and regular people to make sure that you are paying your "fair share". Which NO liberal in the history of the website has ever been able to define. 

Democrats never learned from Bill Clinton--you don't get surplus budgets by continuing to over hire in the government. You get surpluses when you cut jobs and programs. SMH. Liberals are so sad. 

5 minutes ago, DannyZuco said:

But companies are not going to deposit your pay check in $500 intervals, unless you go through all the paperwork to send your check to different accounts with automatic deposit. Which could be done, but what a pain in the rear. 

Plus, these guys won't be smart enough to twittle their thumbs-because they won't be anything more than political hacks for either side of the aisle. Nothing more than the American version of the Gestapo. Because they won't be going after corporations, who will have the best lawyers and accounts working for them, they will have to go to the small businesses and regular people to make sure that you are paying your "fair share". Which NO liberal in the history of the website has ever been able to define. 

Democrats never learned from Bill Clinton--you don't get surplus budgets by continuing to over hire in the government. You get surpluses when you cut jobs and programs. SMH. Liberals are so sad. 

Don't direct deposit.....lol

Just now, RETIREDFAN1 said:

You gotta choice....lol

Actually, my district doesn't give a choice, and neither does Chik-Fil-A here, because my daughter has to also. The only checks my district writes out are for reimbursements because of travel. Otherwise, it's straight to your account. But I have 3 accounts already set up, I might have to go and change the amount for each if that $600 thing is for real. Still the IRS is nothing more than the American Gestapo. 

4 minutes ago, DannyZuco said:

Actually, my district doesn't give a choice, and neither does Chik-Fil-A here, because my daughter has to also. The only checks my district writes out are for reimbursements because of travel. Otherwise, it's straight to your account. But I have 3 accounts already set up, I might have to go and change the amount for each if that $600 thing is for real. Still the IRS is nothing more than the American Gestapo. 

You can choose direct deposit....

15 hours ago, DannyZuco said:

Actually, my district doesn't give a choice, and neither does Chik-Fil-A here, because my daughter has to also.

I believe the company I work for ONLY offers direct deposit. I don't even recall being offered any other choice when I started working there.

3 hours ago, Youngcoach123 said:

“They will only audit the rich” 

252F97A0-216B-404C-B0F1-9363D4B8BFBF.jpeg

554D3054-5E08-4718-B1B7-64C3C7CE0407.jpeg

"They will only audit the rich".

RIIIIIIGHT...we're expected to believe that?

And how many Congresspeople will be audited? My guess would be none -- unless they're Republican.

What site are you using for that information?

• Like 1