Paris vs Celina; week 1

bluetopper

Paris vs. Celina  

30 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins???

This poll is closed to new votes

Celina shows off its offensive capabilities this season.....starting against Paris which usually plays strong defensively.  But you just never know about Paris......they do have speed at the skill positions and good athletes.  But they lost their Sr. QB Hohenberger to graduation last season while Celina's QB Bentley will be in his 3rd yr as a senior.  Celina has lots of pieces this year......it could be the year they have been waiting for and working toward.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, regaleagle said:

Celina shows off its offensive capabilities this season.....starting against Paris which usually plays strong defensively.  But you just never know about Paris......they do have speed at the skill positions and good athletes.  But they lost their Sr. QB Hohenberg to graduation last season while Celina's QB Bentley will be in his 3rd yr as a senior.  Celina has lots of pieces this year......it could be the year they have been waiting for and working toward.

Paris will definitely be athletic and speedy. But like you said, regal, it's just hard to know which Paris team will show up. Not having Hohenberg will be tough though.

Celina does have a lot of pieces this year. Gayton has looked like an absolute MONSTER at RB, and Troy Peterson, who dealt with injuries last year, has looked equally impressive at RB. Both speedy. Both super strong.

Bentley should carry that 3rd-year senior QB confidence with him this season. We've got some skill guys to replace, but some nice pieces to fill in. Caden Mitchell at TE could be the cornerstone of the passing game this year. Good hands. Clean route runner. Tough runner when he's got the ball.

For the Bobcats to be successful this season, we'll need the relatively young offensive line to mature quickly and develop that chemistry. The talent is there. The size is most definitely there. Just got to put it together. And we'll need the young LBs on defense to really step up. They are fast, athletic and hard-hitting. But they're green and haven't had many game-speed varsity reps. You could see that clearly in the scrimmages. But if they can develop and mature, Bobcats will play for a long time this season.

Celina should win this one to start the season. Paris has a lot of holes to fill from last couple of years. Don't see them being able to throw the ball successfully and with their undersized lineman that will be tough to run all the time. 

It was Luke Hohenberger at QB for Paris......the coach's son.  According to his twitter acct.....he's over at Harding University this season playing QB there.  Good luck to him. But he has a brother still playing at Paris......Trevin Hohenberger(Jr/5-11/205) is the MLB for the Wildcats this season.  I guess he's another talented coach's son, Huh?  I'm pretty sure he played on defense last season as well......so you might start hearing his name called quite a bit as the season progresses this year.

33 minutes ago, flanker said:

Celina should win this one to start the season. Paris has a lot of holes to fill from last couple of years. Don't see them being able to throw the ball successfully and with their undersized lineman that will be tough to run all the time. 

Celina is "young" in the secondary. I say that relatively speaking, because most of the backside of the defense got ample playing time a year ago. So they're "young" but pretty experienced. They are speedy too. Decent ceiling with that group.

I imagine Paris will break off a couple big runs against the Bobcats, honestly, because Celina's LBs are so young and have so few varsity reps. They'll grow up pretty quickly, I think, because there are some studs at the position. They just need to grow into those varsity roles now. By week 3-4, they'll be totally different players. Where Paris could have success is throwing the ball to a back out of the backfield. Those young Bobcats LBs had a hard time with those plays in scrimmages. I imagine d-coord Coach Ford will have that ironed out quickly, though. Wildcats are going to have their hands full with Trae Hollins and Jake Vincent coming off the edges for Celina, though. Hollins is a monster. He's an all-state caliber kid and he will be a problem for offenses. Also going to get some looks on offense too, which will be a lot of fun.

7 minutes ago, d0tc0m said:

Celina is "young" in the secondary. I say that relatively speaking, because most of the backside of the defense got ample playing time a year ago. So they're "young" but pretty experienced. They are speedy too. Decent ceiling with that group.

I imagine Paris will break off a couple big runs against the Bobcats, honestly, because Celina's LBs are so young and have so few varsity reps. They'll grow up pretty quickly, I think, because there are some studs at the position. They just need to grow into those varsity roles now. By week 3-4, they'll be totally different players. Where Paris could have success is throwing the ball to a back out of the backfield. Those young Bobcats LBs had a hard time with those plays in scrimmages. I imagine d-coord Coach Ford will have that ironed out quickly, though. Wildcats are going to have their hands full with Trae Hollins and Jake Vincent coming off the edges for Celina, though. Hollins is a monster. He's an all-state caliber kid and he will be a problem for offenses. Also going to get some looks on offense too, which will be a lot of fun.

Celina's D will be fine with the young bucks......sometimes that young talent will jump up and surprise!  Whoever scores the most points wins. The offense should carry the team early to give those "newbies" a chance to get acclimated to the speed of the game at this level.  Heck, they already have speed to burn and tons of moxxie. Besides......Paris ain't gonna throw it much to start with, so that's a good scenario for these first year starters.

You still hafta give Paris a good chance in this game.  I was perusing their roster on MaxPreps just to see, and it appears they are not lacking plenty of guys playing football over there.  I think the Paris football program might finally be stabilizing to a higher level now......where winning and playoff contention is expected every season.  I would categorize the Wildcats as "dangerous and capable" for sure.

Going to be a competitive game hopefully. I got the Paris Wildcats taking this one!! Their solid run game will keep Celina's explosive offense on the sidelines. Paris will still have some talented players to make a run like years past!! 1988!!!!!

This one will be played a mile from the house and I’ll keep you guys posted with scores as long as it stays interesting. Maybe this new Paris QB will be a good athletic, mistake free ball handler. Paris should stay in it as long as they don’t give up any cheap TD’s. Hoping for a slobber knocker of a game. 

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, bluetopper said:

This one will be played a mile from the house and I’ll keep you guys posted with scores as long as it stays interesting. Maybe this new Paris QB will be a good athletic, mistake free ball handler. Paris should stay in it as long as they don’t give up any cheap TD’s. Hoping for a slobber knocker of a game. 

It should definitely be a pad-popper. It usually is when these two teams get together. Very, very physical.

Celina turns a big hit into another scoop-and-score as time expires in the first half.

Celina 42

Paris 14

Wildcats’ two scores came on short fields. Paris QB is shifty and is the only thing that kept this game as close as it is. Bobcats are getting a ton of penalties, some of them warranted, some of them are just laughable.

Celina’s front on both sides of the ball is just wearing Paris out. Bobcats two RBs, Gayton and Peterson are looking really, really good. Wildcats DBs want no part.