DCTF Football Fridays app

LetsGoEagles

I don’t use the chat fuction much at all .... Smoaky.com is the best place to talk about the games .... The app is great for score updates, when the servers aren’t bogged down and won’t update .... It's free .... no worries ....

Edited by KirtFalcon
yo mama
  • Like 1

47 minutes ago, LetsGoEagles said:

I disagree. Having chats with El Campo fans that think they’re  winning state is tremendous entertainment. 

I interviewed at El Campo about 13 years ago.  All their AD kept talking about was how they had the team to win state so they needed the best AT available to keep them healthy.  They lost in the 2nd round of the playoffs.

• LOL! 2

21 hours ago, StillGreezy said:

The app currently has a 1.9* rating.  

Should I even bother?

Mine crashed ….. again ….. this morning. 5th time since the new app added all the info about a week ago. I uninstalled and will re-install and try again before kickoff game day. The chat area is awful right now. People bumping up 1-2 year old threads. It’s very confusing right now. Not good. I’d wait. 

It’s kinda clunky navigating.  But it’s working for me without issues. 

Most important to me:   Games of the teams I select (favorites). And games near me. 

The rest is just extra. 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Mavchamp said:

Most important to me:   Games of the teams I select (favorites). And games near me. 

The rest is just extra. 

THIS

as long as these two things are good to go, it's a successful product

On 8/14/2022 at 4:44 PM, Mavchamp said:

The rest is just extra. 

Exactly, every team I want to see on the home/main page and their scores.  I couldn’t care about the rest.  I would like to see a better way of finding schedules on it

On 8/12/2022 at 6:28 PM, Bclove05 said:

Someone already changed the score for our game. 🤦‍♂️

@MattStepp I wonder if it would be possible to lock the scoring function until closer to game time. 

Sorry for just now seeing this...I cant access the forum from Canada....I'm in Buffalo for work today so decided to jump on

The new app works just fine for me....its a little clunky at first, but its a new design and takes some getting used to.....

Game chats are still there (sadly) but they are still there..the message boards merged with the forums on texasfootball.com to make it the same....eventually the old threads will die

The app rating is still suffering from last year's disaster....hopefully it works Week 1 (all the tech guys say it will, but they said that last year)

Still some tweaks that need to be made, but I think once everyone gets used to it and it works things will be fine

3 hours ago, MavGrad99 said:

Exactly, every team I want to see on the home/main page and their scores.  I couldn’t care about the rest.  I would like to see a better way of finding schedules on it

I think most people agree. As long as it works on game day and we can keep up with scores, most will forget about the other minor problems. 

• Like 1

Guest Tiger03lb

If it doesn't work, can y'all at least give us something else to stare at rather than the spinning death wheel? 😆

1 hour ago, MattStepp said:

Sorry for just now seeing this...I cant access the forum from Canada....I'm in Buffalo for work today so decided to jump on

The new app works just fine for me....its a little clunky at first, but its a new design and takes some getting used to.....

Game chats are still there (sadly) but they are still there..the message boards merged with the forums on texasfootball.com to make it the same....eventually the old threads will die

The app rating is still suffering from last year's disaster....hopefully it works Week 1 (all the tech guys say it will, but they said that last year)

Still some tweaks that need to be made, but I think once everyone gets used to it and it works things will be fine

People don’t like change. Once they get used to it and it actually works during a game they will be fine. I just don’t like that people are able to change scores now when games are still 9-10 days away. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Bclove05 said:

People don’t like change. Once they get used to it and it actually works during a game they will be fine. I just don’t like that people are able to change scores now when games are still 9-10 days away. 

I was messing around and tried to change a game that was “final”. Couldn’t do it. Just hope they don’t ding me for jacking with scores. Lol

I can't believe they changed the "games near me" to a max of 100 miles ... it used to be 300 miles .... why????  You can't even get the Houston, DFW or Austin scores from Nac/Lufkin area now .... 🙄

Edited by KirtFalcon
yo mama