DCTF Football Fridays app

LetsGoEagles

19 minutes ago, KirtFalcon said:

I can't believe they changed the "games near me" to a max of 100 miles ... it used to be 300 miles .... why????  You can't even get the Houston, DFW or Austin scores from Nac/Lufkin area now .... 🙄

Just get the scores from here like I do.......lol

15 minutes ago, RETIREDFAN1 said:

Just get the scores from here like I do.......lol

I keep up with a lot of schools not represented on here. The 300 miles games near me was far and away the easiest way to do that ... I know you only keep up with High Island, Colmesneil and Seed Tick, so it doesn’t affect you .... 

• LOL! 1

3 minutes ago, KirtFalcon said:

I keep up with a lot of schools not represented on here. The 300 miles games near me was far and away the easiest way to do that ... I know you only keep up with High Island, Colmesneil and Seed Tick, so it doesn’t effect you .... 

You left out West Hardin, Chester, Apple Springs, and Oakwood......😂😂😂

1 hour ago, KirtFalcon said:

I can't believe they changed the "games near me" to a max of 100 miles ... it used to be 300 miles .... why????  You can't even get the Houston, DFW or Austin scores from Nac/Lufkin area now .... 🙄

search by region or district 

2 hours ago, KirtFalcon said:

Well if something is 300 miles from you then it’s not very near you. 

32 minutes ago, Eagleborn said:

Well if something is 300 miles from you then it’s not very near you. 

100 or 300 miles is what the old app had and it was the best feature they had.  It was a great way of checking a lot of scores without having to drill down by classification or region, which takes too much time ... 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, KirtFalcon said:

100 or 300 miles is what the old app had and it was the best feature they had.  It was a great way of checking a lot of scores without having to drill down by classification or region, which takes too much time ... 

Add the ones you are interested in following to your teams and they will show up under My Games.

Just now, JBizzle said:

Add the ones you are interested in following to your teams and they will show up under My Games.

I have already done that ... the 300 miles option was a really fast way to check a lot of scores ... you evidently aren’t very familiar with using that option ... It’s not feasible to add that many teams to My Games ...

1 minute ago, KirtFalcon said:

I have already done that ... the 300 miles option was a really fast way to check a lot of scores ... you evidently aren’t very familiar with using that option ... It’s not feasible to add that many teams to My Games ...

I'm pretty familiar with the app.  I feel like at this point you are just being a contrarian.

As was said, 300 miles isn't really close.  

9 minutes ago, JBizzle said:

I'm pretty familiar with the app.  I feel like at this point you are just being a contrarian.

As was said, 300 miles isn't really close.  

No, not being a contrarian at all ... It’s just something that was a part of the old app that I, and probably other people liked using and it was eliminated .... it's not like I'm asking for something new ... it already existed .... just trying to understand why it was changed ....

41 minutes ago, Eagleborn said:

Someone probably looked up to see what near meant. 

"Near me" is a relative term .... They evidently thought 300 miles qualifed under the old app .... Texas is a big state  .... 300 miles is a lot closer than tome Kalifornia or Florida ....

13 hours ago, KirtFalcon said:

"Near me" is a relative term .... They evidently thought 300 miles qualifed under the old app .... Texas is a big state  .... 300 miles is a lot closer than tome Kalifornia or Florida ....

If they are using “near me” literally as somepeoe are suggesting, shouldn’t it be narrowed down to just 20 miles? 😂

59 minutes ago, Tatum_DirtyBird said:

If they are using “near me” literally as somepeoe are suggesting, shouldn’t it be narrowed down to just 20 miles? 😂

Maybe they drive electric cars and narrowed it down to how far you could go on a single charge...

1 hour ago, Tatum_DirtyBird said:

Did you read my previous posts?  It's a lot easier to check a lot of scores across the state without having to drill down by region or classification .... why is that so difficult to understand? ....

3 minutes ago, KirtFalcon said:

Did you read my previous posts?  It's a lot easier to check a lot of scores across the state without having to drill down by region or classification .... why is that so difficult to understand? ....

Not sure why people are having a hard time picking up what you are putting down. Of course it’s a lot easier to check scores pretty much state wide by using the “games near me” feature. 

15 hours ago, KirtFalcon said:

If I’m not mistaking it was like that when they took it over. So maybe they put their own feel for near.  

1 minute ago, Eagleborn said:

If I’m not mistaking it was like that when they took it over. So maybe they put their own feel for near.  

Under the old app and even last year after they took it over, "Near Me" had two options .... 100 miles and 300 miles ... it worked great .... for some reason during this last update they changed to a sliding measurement maxing out at 100 miles which cuts out a lot of scores that used to be available .... just trying to find out why they changed it .... maybe they can extend it back out to 300 miles like it was before ....  I'm really not wanting to argue the point with you young turkeys who don't have any pertinent information .... I would much prefer to hear from the ones that own/changed the app ....

10 minutes ago, KirtFalcon said:

Under the old app and even last year after they took it over, "Near Me" had two options .... 100 miles and 300 miles ... it worked great .... for some reason during this last update they changed to a sliding measurement maxing out at 100 miles which cuts out a lot of scores that used to be available .... just trying to find out why they changed it .... maybe they can extend it back out to 300 miles like it was before ....  I'm really not wanting to argue the point with you young turkeys who don't have any pertinent information .... I would much prefer to hear from the ones that own/changed the app ....

Did you try giving feedback to the app owners in the app store as opposed to just ranting on Smoaky.