DCTF Football Fridays app

LetsGoEagles

On 8/26/2022 at 4:16 PM, KirtFalcon said:

I emailed them and asked if they could restore the near me 300 mile scores option and possibly add a statewide scores option .... they reponded and said they would pass the requests on to the development people ....

I would love state wide. I like reading team names I know nothing about....More of a hobby.

My personal theory is, that nobody really complained about the other app much. If anything, lack of policing, but that was it.

I don't really understand the need to completely overhaul the app. I wouldn't think any less of DCTF if they just left it alone. The old timers love the old app. I can seem to get around the new one, but it's still very clunky and doesn't let you scroll properly at times. 

7 hours ago, H3llR4z0r said:

My personal theory is, that nobody really complained about the other app much. If anything, lack of policing, but that was it.

I don't really understand the need to completely overhaul the app. I wouldn't think any less of DCTF if they just left it alone. The old timers love the old app. I can seem to get around the new one, but it's still very clunky and doesn't let you scroll properly at times. 

My understanding is that the backend was outdated that they were going to lose support for it. They were also having to manually update tons of scores and records. I get it but what I don’t get is not doing any beta testing during the off-season. I’m sure enough of us would have volunteered and given true feedback on the likes and dislikes. Racer55 been using that app since 1789 when WO won state. I think he would have gladly given them a list of things they needed to improve 🤣👀🤣

2 hours ago, GWBears01 said:

My understanding is that the backend was outdated that they were going to lose support for it. They were also having to manually update tons of scores and records. I get it but what I don’t get is not doing any beta testing during the off-season. I’m sure enough of us would have volunteered and given true feedback on the likes and dislikes. Racer55 been using that app since 1789 when WO won state. I think he would have gladly given them a list of things they needed to improve 🤣👀🤣

We did do beta testing and solicited volunteers during 7on7 (and didnt get many to be honest, despite offering gift cards) but nothing simulates a Friday night worth of traffic...as I said, the bones of the app, the scoring functionality worked....the scrolling didnt work, if that part works I think the app will be just fine and people will get used to it...as was said the back end of the app was horribly outdated and required a lot of manual maintence to work, it needed an overhaul 

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, MattStepp said:

We did do beta testing and solicited volunteers during 7on7 (and didnt get many to be honest, despite offering gift cards) but nothing simulates a Friday night worth of traffic...as I said, the bones of the app, the scoring functionality worked....the scrolling didnt work, if that part works I think the app will be just fine and people will get used to it...as was said the back end of the app was horribly outdated and required a lot of manual maintence to work, it needed an overhaul 

@MattSteppDo you think they might restore the 300 mile scores option? Maybe add a statewide scores option? ...

12 minutes ago, MattStepp said:

Believe me I’m not one of the guys on the edge of the cliff ready to jump. I’m a subscriber and have been supporting DCTF. I‘ve gotten familiar with the new format and don’t mind it. I would just like for it to work 😊  

36 minutes ago, GWBears01 said:

Believe me I’m not one of the guys on the edge of the cliff ready to jump. I’m a subscriber and have been supporting DCTF. I‘ve gotten familiar with the new format and don’t mind it. I would just like for it to work 😊  

I deleted it today. Gonna try out ScoreStream. 

1 minute ago, Tatum_DirtyBird said:

I deleted it today. Gonna try out ScoreStream. 

I went ahead and got ScoreStream.....gonna use it until DCTF gets their bugs worked out. I can handle the new format and stuff....its fine. But it's gotta at least kinda work. I couldn't scroll to check scores til midnight. 

10 minutes ago, Eagle8 said:

I went ahead and got ScoreStream.....gonna use it until DCTF gets their bugs worked out. I can handle the new format and stuff....its fine. But it's gotta at least kinda work. I couldn't scroll to check scores til midnight. 

Same here. I don't mind the new format. Just needs to work. I also got scorestream, which seems pretty good to me...if it works smoothly on Fridays.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, GWBears01 said:

Trust me I would too...I am tired of my phone and twitter mentions blowing up during a game of people complaining about the app...its not like I built it lol 

• Like 6

4 minutes ago, GWBears01 said:

I had it last week but no one was updating the scores during the games. If that changes I wouldn’t mind using it. 

Not enough people know about it is what I’m guessing. At least if someone is updating you can keep up with scores. If they ever actually fix Football Friday y’all can let me know. Nothing really wrong with it other than you can’t use it for what it’s designed for. The main and most important feature of keeping up with scores has to work or it’s trash. 

Just now, Tatum_DirtyBird said:

Not enough people know about it is what I’m guessing. At least if someone is updating you can keep up with scores. If they ever actually fix Football Friday y’all can let me know. Nothing really wrong with it other than you can’t use it for what it’s designed for. The main and most important feature of keeping up with scores has to work or it’s trash. 

I agree. It was useless last Friday. At one point it actually even rendered my phone useless 😂 I wish I had someone take a video of what my phone was doing but the screen was blinking to a black screen and the app would close. I finally had to power my phone down. 

4 hours ago, Tatum_DirtyBird said:

When I am the one updating Waskom scores I know not very many have caught on yet

10 minutes ago, Ace1122 said:

Why is it every year they jack with it? Just leave it alone and stop trying to make it all hip. It was terrific about two years ago.

I've said this many times, the back end of the old app was completely outdated...it needed to be rebuilt...the old app was amazing but it hadn't been updated and it required a lot of manual maintenence to keep up with. 

Scores are now showing in chronological order within districts...there should be another update tomorrow that we are being told will help w/the issue folks had with scrolling

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MattStepp said:

I've said this many times, the back end of the old app was completely outdated...it needed to be rebuilt...the old app was amazing but it hadn't been updated and it required a lot of manual maintenence to keep up with. 

Scores are now showing in chronological order within districts...there should be another update tomorrow that we are being told will help w/the issue folks had with scrolling

Digging for scores was my biggest complaint, until the death scroll. 😂😂

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MattStepp said:

At least they're working on it I guess. 

Hopefully it will be restored to it's somewhat ease of use and former glory.