DCTF Football Fridays app

LetsGoEagles

Guest Tiger03lb
1 hour ago, MattStepp said:

New update has been pushed....I like the look of this one better....I am hopeful it performs better Friday

You get hazard pay for this app being redone? Cause you been catching **** from it and it's not even on you. Lol. 

I think once you guys get the bugs worked out, it'll be good to go. Just takes time. Nobody has patience anymore. 

New update has been pushed....I like the look of this one better....I am hopeful it performs better Friday

I like this update much better with the "All scheduled games" broken down by division, region, and district that is going to be very convenient when playoffs start. I know DCTF will get this right it may take a few weeks but this app is always rolling during district and playoffs when it matters.  

• Prayers 1

Do you think they are going to expand the Games Near Me to 300 or 500 miles? .... Statewide? .....

• Grumpy 1

1 hour ago, Tiger03lb said:

You get hazard pay for this app being redone? Cause you been catching **** from it and it's not even on you. Lol. 

I think once you guys get the bugs worked out, it'll be good to go. Just takes time. Nobody has patience anymore. 

Stepp catches heat from it because he's more or less the face of DCTF now. I know Tepp's face is everywhere, and he's on TV all the time, and people are recognizing Pickle more and more. But Stepp's been around forever, most people know him and like him, so he's going to be the one people reach out to/vent to when they don't know anyone else or any other way.

And it's not so much about not having patience. You're right that it does take time to get a product right, and DCTF had a whole lot of time to get it right. The problem is when you try to roll out the product before it is right. Of course people won't have a great tolerance for that, because that's bass ackwards. You build it. You test it. You tweak it. You retest it. You tweak it more. You retest it. You get it right. When it's right, you release it. And then you patch/update as needed.

DCTF released a non-functioning product and everyone unknowingly became beta testers.

I think they'll get it right eventually too. But I don't think they'll ever get it right to the point that it'll stand up against the old app from an aesthetic/user-centric perspective.

13 minutes ago, JBizzle said:

Now give all these people a refund for it not working week 1!🤣

Whether it’s free or expensive, when you roll it out it should work. Period. And while you’re joking, if I was paying to put ads on there, you better believe I would want a refund. Some of y’all act like they are giving us an app out of the goodness of their heart. They need as much traffic as possible to get advertisers to fork out more money. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Tatum_DirtyBird said:

Whether it’s free or expensive, when you roll it out it should work. Period. And while you’re joking, if I was paying to put ads on there, you better believe I would want a refund. Some of y’all act like they are giving us an app out of the goodness of their heart. They need as much traffic as possible to get advertisers to fork out more money. 

+1

I do miss the feature where you could click on a specific team and it would show you their home venue and their district rankings and their entire schedule for the rest of the year instead of having to click through the weeks and search for their game.

1 hour ago, DogNation said:

I do miss the feature where you could click on a specific team and it would show you their home venue and their district rankings and their entire schedule for the rest of the year instead of having to click through the weeks and search for their game.

You can still click the team and it pulls up the entire schedule 

12 minutes ago, MattStepp said:

You can still click the team and it pulls up the entire schedule 

Okay I see you have to click on the team name before you get into the "Predict a winner" page. I'm glad that is still in there. Any plans to add the district ranking and record that the app had last year?

Also this may be asking a lot but could we get an in app playoff bracket with scores? Instead of having to go to the UIL website to get the full playoff bracket.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, DogNation said:

Okay I see you have to click on the team name before you get into the "Predict a winner" page. I'm glad that is still in there. Any plans to add the district ranking and record that the app had last year?

Also this may be asking a lot but could we get an in app playoff bracket with scores? Instead of having to go to the UIL website to get the full playoff bracket.

District standings and record are in there when you pull up the team schedule look at the bottom under standings 

The bracket part is probably fairly complex I'll ask about it 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Tatum_DirtyBird said:

Are you paying to put ads on there?

Complain all you want! It needs to be fixed, but write them an informative message about what needs to be fixed so that they can fix it and quit crying because they don’t have the feature you want! Y’all have every right to complain, but some of y’all are real whiners!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, JBizzle said:

Are you paying to put ads on there?

Complain all you want! It needs to be fixed, but write them an informative message about what needs to be fixed so that they can fix it and quit crying because they don’t have the feature you want! Y’all have every right to complain, but some of y’all are real whiners!

Get off your high horse. I sent them a complaint of what most people around me were saying about having to dig through scores. Most assumed that the scores would be accessible on Friday nights. I’ve even said I’m fine with the app as long as I can check scores on game day. And if you think just because something is “free” that people aren’t or don’t have a right to complain then I don’t know what to tell you. Someone gives you a truck and tells you it works and you’re excited. Come to find out the lights come on and the horn honks but the truck won’t start. The most important feature of the truck (driving) can’t be used. So you wouldnt be frustrated at whoever gave you the truck? You wouldn’t say 1 word about it because it was free? Not one word? That’s what I thought. 

13 minutes ago, Tatum_DirtyBird said:

Get off your high horse. I sent them a complaint of what most people around me were saying about having to dig through scores. Most assumed that the scores would be accessible on Friday nights. I’ve even said I’m fine with the app as long as I can check scores on game day. And if you think just because something is “free” that people aren’t or don’t have a right to complain then I don’t know what to tell you. Someone gives you a truck and tells you it works and you’re excited. Come to find out the lights come on and the horn honks but the truck won’t start. The most important feature of the truck (driving) can’t be used. So you wouldnt be frustrated at whoever gave you the truck? You wouldn’t say 1 word about it because it was free? Not one word? That’s what I thought. 

Why you worried about it? You converted to score stream. 🤣

2 hours ago, Tatum_DirtyBird said:

Actually no...I wouldn't complain and gripe about it...I would be thanful that someone gave me something that I wanted for free...but that's just me I guess. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, blesseddaily said:

Actually no...I wouldn't complain and gripe about it...I would be thanful that someone gave me something that I wanted for free...but that's just me I guess. 

I asked if he would be frustrated? I’m grateful for everything but it don’t mean I don’t get frustrated. You wouldn’t ask if there was some trick to cranking the truck? You wouldn’t have questions? 

3 minutes ago, Tatum_DirtyBird said:

I asked if he would be frustrated? I’m grateful for everything but it don’t mean I don’t get frustrated. You wouldn’t ask if there was some trick to cranking the truck? You wouldn’t have questions? 

Not even close to how you were ranting in your post. 

• Like 1