DCTF Football Fridays app

LetsGoEagles

2 hours ago, TrumpisDump said:

Well you may not know what I am. Although I despise Trump. However I believe that it starts at home and kids should understand the consequences of this sort of stuff. Conservative or Liberal it's about morals which hasn't existed for many years. The chat was great because it gave a updates and key info besides the score. I wish everyone had the capabilities of streaming and that would eliminate most of the extra curricular on the chat. 

My response is not political and it was not addressed to you specifically.  I’m offering a way for DCTF to address the issues (plural) in the chat without shutting it down or having to hire a bunch of moderators working 24/7 following hundred of chats.  Anyone who has read that stuff long knows the kids are the ones that typically go to the extreme.  And generally the account is a rookie.  If those kids had to wait 24-48 hours after creating an account to post a comment, they would move on to something with a more immediate gratification and the chats would improve immediately.

1 hour ago, PantherNation2015 said:

My response is not political and it was not addressed to you specifically.  I’m offering a way for DCTF to address the issues (plural) in the chat without shutting it down or having to hire a bunch of moderators working 24/7 following hundred of chats.  Anyone who has read that stuff long knows the kids are the ones that typically go to the extreme.  And generally the account is a rookie.  If those kids had to wait 24-48 hours after creating an account to post a comment, they would move on to something with a more immediate gratification and the chats would improve immediately.

I think that would work for most of the time. However, I feel for certain “rivalry games”, you would have kids set up 10 accounts on a Monday.

But much like anything, there is no

perfect solution. What I said had flaws as well. As long as people can hide behind an anonymous screen name, they will say stuff they would never say face to face. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, THEHARDWAY said:

I think that would work for most of the time. However, I feel for certain “rivalry games”, you would have kids set up 10 accounts on a Monday.

But much like anything, there is no

perfect solution. What I said had flaws as well. As long as people can hide behind an anonymous screen name, they will say stuff they would never say face to face. 

Perhaps they could incorporate an authorization code sent to the email address or cell number used to start the account.   The authorization number must be entered within 10 minutes of account setup or the setup will not be processed.  That would eliminate the fake accounts with fake email addresses.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, PantherNation2015 said:

Perhaps they could incorporate an authorization code sent to the email address or cell number used to start the account.   The authorization number must be entered within 10 minutes of account setup or the setup will not be processed.  That would eliminate the fake accounts with fake email addresses.

Pretty easy to setup a free gmail account.  

12 hours ago, KirtFalcon said:

Dump the chat ... it's too big a headache to manage and referee .... it's not worth policing and cleaning up the mess ...

I agree. Or do something like we have here with moderaters or something It’s to easy for kids to get on there and act childish.

20 minutes ago, NewtonBaller said:

Someone said it earlier but I feel like you lose a ton of ad revenue if you remove the chat. App engagement drops down tremendously Sunday-Wednesday and a little bit on Thursday's and Saturday's without the chat feature. Dave Campbell's loses money and 50% of their users aren't happy. There has to be a better solution. Verifying a phone number makes sense, not as easy as a spoof email.

You aren’t wrong. 
I just think it’s funny a group of grown men all of a sudden become app developers… and on top of that complain about an app and an entity that do so much for TXHSFB… They give kids so much exposure and everyone wants them run down because Of a phone app, it’s just kind of ridiculous. 

56 minutes ago, BEASTeastTX said:

You aren’t wrong. 
I just think it’s funny a group of grown men all of a sudden become app developers… and on top of that complain about an app and an entity that do so much for TXHSFB… They give kids so much exposure and everyone wants them run down because Of a phone app, it’s just kind of ridiculous. 

You don't have to be an app developer to recognize suck.

• Like 3

Don't have hirschi or graham chats. Hirschi chats for a odd reason always get racial comments 🤔 and graham chats are always a dumpster fire because if one person picks their opponent to win they go phsyco on them. They are notorious for posting people's names their kids names their address and threatening to beat them up. Their poster brian even threatened to send a biker gang here to Brownwood to beat up a guy. They even try to fight each other at games 🤭. Their chats are the worst and it's the same ones always.