Jump to content

DCTF Football Fridays app


LetsGoEagles
 Share

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, Vandalman said:

Anyone suddenly having trouble with the chat feature? Was working fine for me then just completely disappeared. Updated it and now the message box shows up but when I post something it disappears and also can't see other posts...weird.

They disabled it because of the Graham and WF Hirschi game thread. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

42 minutes ago, swaha said:

They disabled it because of the Graham and WF Hirschi game thread. 

Then why not just disable that thread instead of taking it all down?  Guess they can do what they want with it since they own it.  I haven't seen anything inappropriate in any chats I've been on.

Edited by Everide2016
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, LufkinPack said:

Stepp said the chat feature has been disabled until further notice. Too much of the racist BS on there. They are brain storming another solution. 

Okay, that's understandable. I thought something went haywire again the way it was acting.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 minutes ago, Everide2016 said:

Then why not just disable that thread instead of taking it all down?  Guess they can do what they want with it since they own it.  I haven't seen anything inappropriate in any chats I've been on.

It’s not a single occurrence.  If you want to see the post go to DCTF Facebook post, look for the one that talks about suspending the game chats, and scroll through comments.  That kind of stuff is likely going to be the end of the chats because they don’t have the staff to monitor all of them.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, PantherNation2015 said:

It’s not a single occurrence.  If you want to see the post go to DCTF Facebook post, look for the one that talks about suspending the game chats, and scroll through comments.  That kind of stuff is likely going to be the end of the chats because they don’t have the staff to monitor all of them.

Basically they are saying people are too irresponsible to have opinions. If the chats stay gone I'll delete the app. I can get scores anywhere.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Everide2016 said:

Then why not just disable that thread instead of taking it all down?  Guess they can do what they want with it since they own it.  I haven't seen anything inappropriate in any chats I've been on.

I agree. Unfortunately, people tend to go overboard and lose respect for others. It is their business and they are free to do as they want. Just as they can disable, someone else will creat an App that does not censor. That is the freedom of capitalism. I have never been a fan of punishing everyone for the actions of a few.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 10/9/2022 at 11:03 AM, LufkinPack said:

Stepp said the chat feature has been disabled until further notice. Too much of the racist BS on there. They are brain storming another solution. 

Without the chat feature I see no purpose  for the app. I can get scores from many other sources.  A few people act up and we all have to pay.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Its like cancelling a whole game because two guys got in a fight.

4 minutes ago, GWBears01 said:

What does that have to do with the app?  Cancel the thread and kick the offenders off.  Facebook does it all the time.  Or maybe we could get thicker skin, not requiring monitors.  If monitors are required I am sure some will do it for nothing (not me).

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, GTAlumnus said:

Its like cancelling a whole game because two guys got in a fight.

What does that have to do with the app?  Cancel the thread and kick the offenders off.  Facebook does it all the time.  Or maybe we could get thicker skin, not requiring monitors.  If monitors are required I am sure some will do it for nothing (not me).

Hey I didn’t say I agreed. I just said that it is why 😊

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

It will be interesting to see how they handle this. While I agree that you shouldn't punish everyone for one persons actions I can also imagine that DCTF looks at this app as a free service with potential to advertise. If it's getting negative attention in the media, I can understand them shutting it down until they figure out the best thing to do for their business. I mainly use it for the scores but do make an occasional comment on the chat. For the most part I haven't seen anything bad on the chats I've visited. On the other hand, I haven't seen a whole lot of intelligent conversation either, although it can be entertaining lol. In the grand scheme, If it were my business, I'd do whatever I thought best even if it meant scrapping the whole app. Hope it doesn't come to that.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Well, I guess I have to go against the flow on this one!! I absolutely love the app now that the early problems have been fixed and I have no use for the "chat" part of the app anyway. Like someone else said, there is usually very little to read in the chats...most of the conversations sound like high school kids talking trash and I have heard enough of that!!

I'm hoping that doing away with the chat might keep some of the morons off that jack with the scores!!!

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

28 minutes ago, blesseddaily said:

Well, I guess I have to go against the flow on this one!! I absolutely love the app now that the early problems have been fixed and I have no use for the "chat" part of the app anyway. Like someone else said, there is usually very little to read in the chats...most of the conversations sound like high school kids talking trash and I have heard enough of that!!

I'm hoping that doing away with the chat might keep some of the morons off that jack with the scores!!!

I agree, chat on Smoaky.com ... I only use the app for score updates ... It's pretty good for that ....

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Eagleborn said:

Liberal ran outfit. 

Yes it is. However, I’m a white conservative, and I think the racist BS on some of the chats is way out of hand. I’m all for thick skin, but good Lord. It sure as hell is not my place(as a white man) to tell someone else (a black man) to toughen up and deal with it. 
 

Best solution I’ve seen to keep the chats is charge a subscription fee. It could even be included with the dctf membership. At least then there would be a verifiable name, address, etc to ban. 
 

  • Like 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...