Alto Play-off Ban - a Different Perspective

As I sit here 1,300 miles from Alto taking in what has been a difficult two week period to say the least, it dawned on me, as I'm sure it has to others, it is only going to get more difficult from here forward, more than likely for the entirety of the next two years.

For the players who are already hurting, there will be many comments and under-the-breath trash talking that will test your will to resist the temptation to retaliate, or get into it, with the opposing teams.  Be better than any who take that route and take that energy and use it on the field.

To the adults who are also hurting and will meet with the same "talk" in the stands, you too must resist the challenge of a few (I believe most true fans of the game empathize with Alto) and focus on supporting the kids and the program and the town.  While the two years will roll by slowly,  eventually Alto will rise again.

Be proud, stand tall Alto!!

• Like 7
  • Love 2

Thank you for sharing a potential consequence that I don't believe was talked about before.

As a fan of the game I will believe the Alto wins will be a result of talent, preparation, and coaching.

What happened is on the Administration, not the kids competing.  It is now on the Admin to have fully explained to these kids what happened and that they (Admin) are to blame for the consequences of their actions.

As you point out, those consequences may test the character of those competing, while competing. Retaliation or playing in a way that is not respectful of the sport is a safety issue for opponents. Maybe the reason a 2 year probation was also included. So it is also on the Admin to hold the kids accountable for their actions.

Potentially a lot of "life lessons" will be learned over the coming weeks and months, hopefully football can be used to teach them. The actual "wins" may not be reflected in a score.

The perspective of your post shows a greater concern for the person, Thank you.

• Love 1

52 minutes ago, PostSurfer said:

What happened is on the Administration, not the kids competing.  It is now on the Admin to have fully explained to these kids what happened and that they (Admin) are to blame for the consequences of their actions.

This is what I hate the most about this situation. The kids are the ones punished for what the admin screwed up. If I were a Junior this year, I would be absolutely heartbroken at the fact that the last 2 years of my HS career were spent outside of the postseason. 

It's an absolutely heart breaking situation all across the board. Sad that 16-18 year old kids are the ones that have to suffer because administration made a mistake. If I was a parent of a Junior or Senior I would definitely consider a transfer. 

On 8/9/2022 at 7:54 PM, YellowjacketBacker said:

As I sit here 1,300 miles from Alto taking in what has been a difficult two week period to say the least, it dawned on me, as I'm sure it has to others, it is only going to get more difficult from here forward, more than likely for the entirety of the next two years.

For the players who are already hurting, there will be many comments and under-the-breath trash talking that will test your will to resist the temptation to retaliate, or get into it, with the opposing teams.  Be better than any who take that route and take that energy and use it on the field.

To the adults who are also hurting and will meet with the same "talk" in the stands, you too must resist the challenge of a few (I believe most true fans of the game empathize with Alto) and focus on supporting the kids and the program and the town.  While the two years will roll by slowly,  eventually Alto will rise again.

Be proud, stand tall Alto!!

Great perspective!  Alto will persevere!  

• Love 1

15 hours ago, EastTexasKnowItAll said:

If it’s the same Stupidintendent, how are they still employed there??? 

Outside of football, I know nothing about the Alto schools, but regarding the Superintendent, I wouldn't think this "mistake," standing alone, would merit firing.  Are the kids getting a quality education?  Are the academics what they should be.  If they're upholding the standard academically they should stay, unless there are enough other factors to say "Adios."

• Like 1