Gilmer Buckeyes @ Gladewater Bears Scrimmage Results

BigBrother

Gilmer Varsity Offense
19 Rushes for 213 Yards, 3 TD's
7 of 14 Passing for 199 Yards, 2 TD's, 1 Int.
33 Total Plays for 412 Yards, 5 TD's, 9 First Downs, 1 Int.

Gladewater Varsity Offense
26 Rushes for 62 Yards, 1 TD
5 of 13 Passing for 115 Yards, 1 TD, 1 Int.
31 Total Plays for 177 Yards, 2 TD's, 1 Int.

Sub-Varsity Results 

Gladewater 3 TD's

Gilmer 2 TD's

6 minutes ago, PappaBear said:

1’s vs 1’s was tied at 2 tds each. Gladewater also started a freshman qb, starter was injured.

Why would the Bears play Gilmer? Gilmer has over 300 more students than Gladewater. Not exactly a even playing field. Jmo

Yeah I wasn’t really counting the 2s but it makes things look better for Gilmer. The 1s tied 2-2. Gilmer has a ton more kids so eventually the depth would have turned the tide. I was happy with how we looked considering we had the starting Qb on the sidelines and a freshman running the offense. We also played without Polley who I think will be a major contributor.  Gilmer will be Gilmer this year I’m sure for us to play them well with a freshman running a completely new offense I was pleased. 

9 hours ago, BuckNut said:

A real game would have been close first quarter but ended up being about 56 to 14

Gilmer never did anything to stop GW so to suggest we wouldn’t score again is a little questionable. I do think the further the game went Gilmer’s major depth advantage would have allowed them to pull away. I think GW will have more kids playing both ways this year that I’ve ever seen. Hopefully by district we will firing on all cylinders. 

I'm not gonna look to much into the scrimmage. Most of the scrimmages we've had recently look about like last night. New QB and replacing some on that DF shows. I think we will be fine though, but we will find out soon enough when we open up with CH.

13 minutes ago, Sbk5280 said:

I'm not gonna look to much into the scrimmage. Most of the scrimmages we've had recently look about like last night. New QB and replacing some on that DF shows. I think we will be fine though, but we will find out soon enough when we open up with CH.

That game will tell you all you need to know about your defense for sure. We start with DF so that should be a good test for us too. Good luck on the season. Both teams got some good work in last night. 

5 hours ago, coolbear99 said:

I wasn't overly impressed with either team. Gladewater breaking in a new offense and starting qb out it was about what I expected.  Gilmore being ranked #2 didn't really look like it but it's just a scrimmage so there is still a lot to work on for both 

Exactly, it’s just a scrimmage. You can look great in a scrimmage and turn out to be mediocre or look mediocre and turn out to be great. Some coaches will run more stuff while some coaches might run very limited stuff to see what his blocking looks like or see if his backs know their assignments or whatever it is they are looking for. Yeah I would rather my team dominate in a scrimmage but after the dust settles, it’s just a scrimmage. Lol

2 hours ago, Tatum_DirtyBird said:

Exactly, it’s just a scrimmage. You can look great in a scrimmage and turn out to be mediocre or look mediocre and turn out to be great. Some coaches will run more stuff while some coaches might run very limited stuff to see what his blocking looks like or see if his backs know their assignments or whatever it is they are looking for. Yeah I would rather my team dominate in a scrimmage but after the dust settles, it’s just a scrimmage. Lol

I’m just glad we ran the new offense well against a quality opponent. Nothing more. Nothing less.  I also saw some positive things on the defensive side (DL) but we have a ways to go on both sides. It was good work for both teams. 

53 minutes ago, GWBears01 said:

I’m just glad we ran the new offense well against a quality opponent. Nothing more. Nothing less.  I also saw some positive things on the defensive side (DL) but we have a ways to go on both sides. It was good work for both teams. 

What offense is Gladewater running now?  No more I formation with the deep tailback?