2nd Scrimmage

Tatum_DirtyBird

52 minutes ago, trueblue82 said:

I thought Joaquin and Waskom both looked like their defense is ahead of their offense, which is typical for early season. I think Waskom was moving a lot of kids around in the controlled portion of the scrimmage, which seemed to lead to them giving up a couple of scores to Joaquin and to Logansport. Each team got two live 10 minute periods, with Waskom and Logansport ending at 0-0. Joaquin converted a 3rd and 40 with a 70 yard TD pass off of a deflection. The Waskom defender had great position but tipped the ball to our receiver, who was behind him. That was the only score in the live portion. Joaquin forced a Logansport punt but we fumbled on our 25, but held Logansport out of the end zone as time ran out. Considering that 4 of our 5 returning rushing leaders never touched the ball when lined up as RBs, I thought we moved the ball ok. Next week should be interesting. Good luck to the Wildcats and the Tigers. 

Agree with that assessment.  Not a fan of the running clock on live quarters.  Penalties and special team play that wasn’t live was frustrating to watch.

1 minute ago, Ringside said:

Agree with that assessment.  Not a fan of the running clock on live quarters.  Penalties and special team play that wasn’t live was frustrating to watch.

The format didn't bother me much but in the live portion if there is a penalty the clock should stop, I would make that change. Other than that Waskom got a lot of work in. I never seen so many people at a scrimmage though. 

5 hours ago, Wild74 said:

The format didn't bother me much but in the live portion if there is a penalty the clock should stop, I would make that change. Other than that Waskom got a lot of work in. I never seen so many people at a scrimmage though. 

Agreed. I liked the timed controlled scrimmage much better than having a set number of plays. It allows the offense to work on tempo if they want to. 

Clarksville  Jefferson and EF all scrimmaged last night in EF. 

EF and Jefferson both Handled Clarksville easily in both portions of the Scrimmage. 

controlled Portion 

Jefferson- 3 

EF-1 

Live 10min portion 

Jefferson - 1

EF- 0 

Jefferson appears to be a Different Team than last year and have speed all over the field.  EF Has shown some good things on both sides the ball but is still trying to learn what the new Staff is implementing.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The Shelbyville Dragons concluded their preseason scrimmages with visiting Beckville High School on Thursday.

Both teams prepared with equal line of scrimmage plays for both varsity and junior varsity running scripted play drills.

The scrimmages finished with the two varsities playing two quarters with Shelbyville holding a 12-3 lead over the Bearcats after one quarter. And they outpaced Beckville once again in the second quarter by a 14-0 margin.

53 minutes ago, Dropkick said:

The Shelbyville Dragons concluded their preseason scrimmages with visiting Beckville High School on Thursday.

Both teams prepared with equal line of scrimmage plays for both varsity and junior varsity running scripted play drills.

The scrimmages finished with the two varsities playing two quarters with Shelbyville holding a 12-3 lead over the Bearcats after one quarter. And they outpaced Beckville once again in the second quarter by a 14-0 margin.

Timpson game might be ugly then…..

• Like 1

3 hours ago, jacket52 said:

Clarksville  Jefferson and EF all scrimmaged last night in EF. 

EF and Jefferson both Handled Clarksville easily in both portions of the Scrimmage. 

controlled Portion 

Jefferson- 3 

EF-1 

Live 10min portion 

Jefferson - 1

EF- 0 

Jefferson appears to be a Different Team than last year and have speed all over the field.  EF Has shown some good things on both sides the ball but is still trying to learn what the new Staff is implementing.  

Jefferson is a lot better at the QB position than last year and have very good speed, me thinks they will do good in district. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Wild74 said:

Joaquin/Logansport always draw a crowd.  

9 hours ago, michaelmyers said:

They were supposed to play 4 live quarters with running clock. Carthage was up 21-7 at halftime. Refs called it after a fight broke out at beginning of the 3rd. 

How did the new defense look. 
it appears they played well only allowing 7 points in first half. 
The offense sounds like they moved the ball well. 
Can anyone tell us what they saw. 

On 8/18/2022 at 7:12 PM, Tiger03lb said:

Lighting is winning right now. Lol. Was told there was a delay. 

The Palestine - Kaufman scrimmage got only 9 plays in before being called after about an hour delay.

10 hours ago, michaelmyers said:

They were supposed to play 4 live quarters with running clock. Carthage was up 21-7 at halftime. Refs called it after a fight broke out at beginning of the 3rd. 

LE in a fight? Imagine that. Common denominator in games that have fights? Usually LE is one of the teams.

2 hours ago, cowboyandchrist said:

How did the new defense look. 
it appears they played well only allowing 7 points in first half. 
The offense sounds like they moved the ball well. 
Can anyone tell us what they saw. 

Well you could definitely tell it wasn’t the defense from last year but they were very fast getting to the ball. Especially around the ends. The secondary played good but did have a few busted coverage plays that left LE receiver wide open. That’s part of replacing 9 starters though. The defense will be fine though I believe. The offense looked very smooth to me. Running game was good with a few strong runs. Cuff has been working hard this off season and it shows. He looked really good. He was spot on. He looked very comfortable and seems a lot more mobile this year. His footwork in the pocket was impressive. Hatton can catch anything that comes his way. Another receiver number 88 looked very good too and very fast. Idk who that was though. The offensive line was very impressive. Especially on pass protection. LE looks better this year than the last few years too. Carthage will have another strong year again for sure.