1% Tax On Stock Buybacks

EnjoyLife

Makes not sense to tax money that has already been taxed but they are just hitting at Big Oil companies that are making big profits on oil right now. Buying back stock helps the stock stay strong and stock holders receive more value for their stock. 

2 minutes ago, Wild74 said:

Makes not sense to tax money that has already been taxed but they are just hitting at Big Oil companies that are making big profits on oil right now. Buying back stock helps the stock stay strong and stock holders receive more value for their stock. 

Well, stock buybacks were illegal until Saint Reagan came along  40 years ago. It was considered to be manipulating the market.

New taxes are usually wrong.  We already have way too many.  So if we are saying that stock buy backs are bad, we shouldn't tax them, we should eliminate them!  Why is the answer to every issue to tax things???? We fought a whole war to become a country because the king was taxing us.  I guess now that we have "representation", we are ok with it?  We have just begun to accept that our government entities can just add tax after tax, and there's nothing we can do about it!  We talk about income taxes like they are the end all, be all of taxes.  We are taxed in so many different ways.  This tax is meaningless to me personally, but it's still ridiculous!

2 minutes ago, Wild74 said:

As seen by some but not others

Thats true. First vote I ever cast in a prez election was for Reagan in 1984. When he left office I thought he had been a GREAT president. A few decades later I have come to see his presidency as one of the most destructive in American history. I dont think you can judge any administration until some time has passed. As they say...hindsight is 20/20.

4 minutes ago, EnjoyLife said:

Thats true. First vote I ever cast in a prez election was for Reagan in 1984. When he left office I thought he had been a GREAT president. A few decades later I have come to see his presidency as one of the most destructive in American history. I dont think you can judge any administration until some time has passed. As they say...hindsight is 20/20.

I'm sorry you misunderstood my quote it was meant to address the fact that some see stock buy backs as stock price manipulation others don't see it that way. Stock buy back helps me if stock prices rise since I am invested in the stock market, it may not help those who are not in the stock market, but why should they even care. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, EnjoyLife said:

In fairness to Pres Reagan...I do think he was the right guy for that time. He brought a sense of optimism to the country that was sorely needed after the malaise of the Carter years.

And hopefully we will have someone that optimistic after this joke of a puppet has left office, because this guy makes Carter look like an angel in the white house. SMH. 

I guess hating corporations is part of the liberal mind set. Anyone that is for more taxes on anyone or anything is nothing more than a liberal government should run our lives person. What is killing our country is that GOVERNMENT has become overbearing--worst than King George III ever was. 

6 hours ago, EnjoyLife said:

You've been listening to too many leftists that believe that.  What they don't realize is that many of his policies were changed by Bush Sr., Clinton, and Obama.  Both Bush Sr. and Clinton faired well because of Reagan.  Had it not been for Clinton messing things up with the housing market we would have never lived through the Great Recession.  Now we have stupid Biden that overturned all of what Trump accomplished and we're going back.  Within only a year and a half we were going from an economy that was about to rebound into the Roaring 20's as we saw in the 20th Century and he's fast forwarding us to a Great Depression.  He still has 2 1/2 more years to do his damage, and I don't see America recovering anytime soon.  

• Like 2

21 hours ago, DannyZuco said:

And hopefully we will have someone that optimistic after this joke of a puppet has left office, because this guy makes Carter look like an angel in the white house. SMH. 

I guess hating corporations is part of the liberal mind set. Anyone that is for more taxes on anyone or anything is nothing more than a liberal government should run our lives person. What is killing our country is that GOVERNMENT has become overbearing--worst than King George III ever was. 

Our federal government is like a vampire with an insatiable appetite for more and more tax money and spending ... they start and expand new spending programs by the hundreds .... rarely do they scale back or end programs that are ineffective or no longer needed .... the whole federal government needs a complete scrub down and reevaluation of all existing spending programs ....  somebody needs to drive a stake through the vampire's heart ....

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, KirtFalcon said:

Our federal government is like a vampire with an insatiable appetite for more and more tax money and spending ... they start and expand new spending programs by the hundreds .... rarely do they scale back or end programs that are ineffective or no longer needed .... the whole federal government needs a complete scrub down and reevaluation of all existing spending programs ....  somebody needs to drive a stake through the vampire's heart ....

Don't forget they often create problems, then for years complain about the problems that they created. Medicare, for instance. Congress (I believe a Democratic-led Congress) created Medicare, then there came the complaints that Medicare can't negotiate with drug companies. Well, whose fault is that!? It's theirs, because they are the ones who created Medicare and passed it like that in the first place!!