Pine Tree Pirates @ Gilmer Buckeyes Football Scrimmage Results

BigBrother

Pine Tree won controlled portion of scrimmage 2 touchdowns to 0 touchdowns.

Pine Tree won Live portion of Scrimmage 14-7

LIVE SCRIMMAGE STATS
Pine Tree
16 Rushes for 108 Yds, 1 TD
3 of 12 Passing for 92 Yds, 1 TD
28 Plays for 200 Yds, 2 TD's, 5 First Downs, 0 TO's

Gilmer
17 Rushes for 39 Yds, 1 TD
11 of 21 Passing for 175 Yds, 1 Int.
38 Plays for 214 Yds, 1 TD, 10 First Downs, 1 TO

TOTAL SCRIMMAGE STATS

Pine Tree
30 Rushes for 184 Yds, 1 TD
8 of 21 Passing for 209 Yds, 3 TD's, 1 Int.
51 Plays for 393 Yds, 4 TD's, 10 First Downs, 1 TO

Gilmer
32 Rushes for 110 Yds, 1 TD
15 of 29 Passing for 216 Yds, 2 INT's
61 Plays for 326 Yds, 1 TD, 15 First Downs, 2 TO's

Gilmer held out 6 defensive starters and 3 or 4 offensive starters so don't read too much into these scores and stats.

That being said; Pine Tree looked really good.

Just now, CasualObserver70 said:

Gilmer had a lot of skill position players out, but biggest concern has to be offensive and Defensive line. They don’t look that big, and the Oline was manhandled tonight. 

never should read too much from a scrimmage. That being said, line play looks like a concern. 

This makes 2 weeks in a row that Gilmer hasn’t looked like Gilmer. Just my plain Jane opinion. Of course you can’t take my opinion and a dollar and get you 1/4 tank of gas these days. 

9 hours ago, villagegenius said:

This makes 2 weeks in a row that Gilmer hasn’t looked like Gilmer. Just my plain Jane opinion. Of course you can’t take my opinion and a dollar and get you 1/4 tank of gas these days. 

Scrimmages; however, you are right. This team is young after graduating quite a few starters. They still possess a lot of talent, and the starters they do have returning were all state last year. Secondary will be really good. DL lost 2 I think, but they will be ok. Concern coming into the season, at least for me, is the OL. I believe they return 1, and with a new QB, they are going to have to gel quickly. Tennison is faster than his brother, but not as accurate a passer righ now, even though he did make a couple of lasers while running for his life and so I think he will need to make decisions a lot quicker than what was shown last night. 

7 minutes ago, SHillBuckeye said:

Scrimmages; however, you are right. This team is young after graduating quite a few starters. They still possess a lot of talent, and the starters they do have returning were all state last year. Secondary will be really good. DL lost 2 I think, but they will be ok. Concern coming into the season, at least for me, is the OL. I believe they return 1, and with a new QB, they are going to have to gel quickly. Tennison is faster than his brother, but not as accurate a passer righ now, even though he did make a couple of lasers while running for his life and so I think he will need to make decisions a lot quicker than what was shown last night. 

The OL was definitely the biggest concern I could see for Gilmer when we scrimmaged you guys. It will probably just take a little time. Our DL was living in the backfield. The young Qb is very talented and he will be just fine. You guys will just have to be patient and wait on everything to come together and then I’m sure you will have another great year.