Redwater @ Waskom 7PM Opening Season Game

Wild74

Redwater @ Waskom  

36 members have voted

1. 1. Who Wins The Opening Game

• Redwater
    • Waskom

Waskom comes into the first game of the season with 9 new starters on offense and a new group of coaches including a new AD. Waskom will be running the same offense with a few variations. Waskom lost Cole Watson along with Welch our big center and Carson Gonzalez wide out to Tatum with the move of some of the coaches to Tatum. Waskom on the other hand had a coach bring his son to Waskom and most likely be the starting QB Caden Edwards, but Anthony Zuniga could also be the starter he was the backup to Cole Watson last year and started as wideout. We will see the coaches decision Friday night.   May be an image of text that says 'Waskom Wildcats District 3a- 11 2022 Record: (0-0)(0-0) 2022 SCHEDULE Opponent Pick 8/26 Redwater 38 Score (0-0) vs Redwater Dragons District 3a 10 2022 Record: (0-0)(0-0) 2022 STATS Current Rating: 138.80 (0) Avg: SOS: Away 8/26 7:00 PM 2022 SCHEDULE Date Opponent Pick 8/26 Waskom -38 State: Score (0-0) O'all: 498) cored-O Allowed- JERRY'S SCORE PREDICTION 47-9 2022 STATS Current Rating: 103,62 2022 Off. Avg:( Movers-O'all:( Avg: SOS-O'all Rating: SOS-O'all Rating: #) Reg: 20) State: Pnts Scored-ST Pnt Allowed-ST: MOV-St: Movers-State: )Movers-O'all: Shakers State: Shakers -O'all: Rec: SOS-ST Rating: Sos-O'all Rating:'

6 hours ago, Ringside said:

Lot of pressure on Waskom’s new AD in this one.  He hasn’t ever had a team picked to win a game by 38 points 😺

Luckily for him, years ago in his past he learned how to score big and quick at the Air Epperson Academy of offense 😂

14 hours ago, Locotaco said:

Is Redwater now the new “Queen City” 👀

must not remember what Redwater was in the early 2000s hate to see them back to that. i think at one point they had one of the longest losing streaks in the state.

2 minutes ago, txk85 said:

must not remember what Redwater was in the early 2000s hate to see them back to that. i think at one point they had one of the longest losing streaks in the state.

Dang I don’t know that They were decent during the early 2010’s years. They beat Dfield in 2011 season

10 hours ago, Locotaco said:

Dang I don’t know that They were decent during the early 2010’s years. They beat Dfield in 2011 season

They had a little streak a few years back where they were in the 2nd-3rd round pretty consistently it seemed like. I know they have some quality coaches up there and the kids seem to buy in to what they do. As a former player for the HC and DC when they were at Waskom years ago, I know they are men of great integrity and morals. I’d run through a wall for those men and am thankful for the impact they had on me. I think they are building something good there, they just don’t have a lot of speed. That’s a luxury some schools have and some don’t and it makes a big difference here in East Texas. I think most would agree lol. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

DTH baby lol 

22 hours ago, jethro said:

They had a little streak a few years back where they were in the 2nd-3rd round pretty consistently it seemed like. I know they have some quality coaches up there and the kids seem to buy in to what they do. As a former player for the HC and DC when they were at Waskom years ago, I know they are men of great integrity and morals. I’d run through a wall for those men and am thankful for the impact they had on me. I think they are building something good there, they just don’t have a lot of speed. That’s a luxury some schools have and some don’t and it makes a big difference here in East Texas. I think most would agree lol. 

• Love 1

36-10 final. Waskoms defense looked pretty good. Other than a couple of long pass plays RW never could get much going at all offensively. Waskoms Freshman RB had a really nice game. Offense got to clean up the penalties for sure but it was just the first game. 

Redwater played harder than they have in years...defense ran out of gas late in the third. Waskom was not impressive at all. The score was 22-10 midway in the third against a very out sized, slower Redwater team. Waskom will have to improve a whole lot to compete with good teams in their district. 

1 hour ago, blesseddaily said:

Redwater played harder than they have in years...defense ran out of gas late in the third. Waskom was not impressive at all. The score was 22-10 midway in the third against a very out sized, slower Redwater team. Waskom will have to improve a whole lot to compete with good teams in their district. 

Waskom will be fine against anyone not named Daingerfield.

My Point of view for what it is worth, Waskom showed a very good defense last night giving up only a field goal the offense gave of a bad snap on a punt into the endzone for a TD for Redwater. Waskom had nine new starters on offense last night and it showed but add a little seasoning and it will be a lot better. Redwater for the most part was big on the offensive line but other than one guy not very speedy. Extra point for Waskom needs a little work but the extra point wasn't needed last night anyhow. Paul Pewitt will be more of a test this coming week as they are always tough. 

I found Redwater hard to gauge.  Either they were better on the interior line than we thought or the new lineman for Waskom have a lot of growing to do.  Likely some of both.  They were never a threat on the offense as the Waskom defense had a tremendous speed advantage.

I think expectations for the Waskom offense likely too high considering how many new kids were in place.  Hoping the offense comes together by the Daingerfield game.