Week 1 Gilmer @ Chapel Hill

Chill5000

Gilmer @ Chapel Hill  

79 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins

This poll is closed to new votes

Heck of a week 1 matchup with 4AD2 #2 vs 4AD1 # 3 Chapel Hill! Both teams seem to be on track for successful seasons. Both teams have exceptional athleticism and can score quickly. I think the difference in this game will be a scrappy, swarming defense of CH. East Texas has some of the best games in the state week 1! Really excited to get this season going! Good luck to Gilmer and more than anything, everyone stays healthy! I predict both teams rep East Texas very well come playoff time! 
attached is link to game tickets. Online only 

CH 42

Gilmer 28

https://www.vancoevents.com/us/events/landing?eid=23424&fbclid=IwAR0nN5HGwydV3pa77nDImM_rgrhxzUwGxouQGZIY6SjzrrCeMhZPnqPmFck

44 minutes ago, Sbk5280 said:

This is gonna be a tough game straight out of the gate. I am anxious to get the season started. A lot of new faces/new roles with some big shoes to fill. 

There's got to be some more evaluation to be done that first week for everyone.

Yeah PT was 14-7 over Gilmer in a scrimmage Thursday but don’t let that fool you. They had five of their best players out that didn’t get to play. Gilmer has a great offense. Tennison the qb which he’s a sophomore looks better to me than his brother BT when he was his age. This boy is young and will make some mistakes but really impressed me at qb for his age. This game should be a shootout by two young gunslingers. Good luck to both teams. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, michaelmyers said:

Why’s all the Gilmer posters being so quiet are y’all scared lol ? It’s just a game lol 😂 Come on guru we know you out there lol 😂 

Something about, "Let people wonder if you are stupid, or open your mouth and remove all doubt"?  CH is a very talented team and we know to respect the 'Dogs.  Gonna be a good learning experience for the young Buckeyes.

14 minutes ago, MoveTheChain said:

Something about, "Let people wonder if you are stupid, or open your mouth and remove all doubt"?  CH is a very talented team and we know to respect the 'Dogs.  Gonna be a good learning experience for the young Buckeyes.

Agree. Coming into this game, CH should be the favorite and not just because they will be playing in front of a rowdy home crowd. Very talented and physical team. Gilmer will need to take the crowd out early and score. Can’t give a team like CH a sizable lead, especially at home. This game should have some big plays, as both teams are fast. I’ll give Gilmer the edge in team speed, but those boys up front on both OL and DL will need to play lights out for this game to be competitive. I’ll go with the young Buckeyes by 7. 

• Angry 1
  • Stinks 1

54 minutes ago, MoveTheChain said:

I’ve already said how good Gilmers offense is and that this game should be a shoot-out. I’m just wondering why Gilmer posters haven’t been on here much. Normally y’all have lots to say about Gilmers games especially as good of a game as this one should be. Just kind of strange to me. 

10 hours ago, michaelmyers said:

Why’s all the Gilmer posters being so quiet are y’all scared lol ? It’s just a game lol 😂 Come on guru we know you out there lol 😂 

Man I really over the boys now I’m a lady buckeye fan. I see they are hiring friends instead of the best available candidates, so we will see how it pan out. This is the first Yr that we gonna see if Metzel can really coach he had the privilege to step in and coach kids that were thrown in the fire when Turner was in charge so they were battle tested. Now this a new group of kids that he has coached through a the younger grades let see how it goes.

1 hour ago, Sportsguru02 said:

Man I really over the boys now I’m a lady buckeye fan. I see they are hiring friends instead of the best available candidates, so we will see how it pan out. This is the first Yr that we gonna see if Metzel can really coach he had the privilege to step in and coach kids that were thrown in the fire when Turner was in charge so they were battle tested. Now this a new group of kids that he has coached through a the younger grades let see how it goes.

Really wow I didn’t know that. That’s interesting. I hate to hear that when they got some good young athletes that got to be coached like that. Little Tennison got three more years 

Coaching will be fine. There has been some turnover, but they hired some seasoned coaches as well as some young coaches. The young coaches have played for Gilmer and have won a championship under Traylor, so they know how to win. Question is, can they coach and will the young Buckeyes respond? I say they will…

• Thanks 1