Week 1 Gilmer @ Chapel Hill

Chill5000

Gilmer @ Chapel Hill  

79 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins

This poll is closed to new votes

3 minutes ago, Gsquared said:

Cannot wait to see this one Friday!  Hoping for a dry track. Anywhere close to the stadium for a quick bite to eat before the game? 

DQ, WhataBurger, subway... poke in da eye BBQ, never tried it heard its good

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, kingwolf said:

I see more of a 44-51 for CH and 27-34 for Gilmer.  Going to be a lot of offense and not a lot of defense in this one.  If I am wrong and CH has a solid defense, this could be a big margin for CH.

That’s what everyone wants to see about CHill. We all know they’re gonna score points. But they gave up almost 30/game in playoffs last year. That won’t cut it. Defense had to improve. 

• Like 1

Watch out for Wil Henderson a newcomer to varsity, if he get a crease it’s 6 points. Kid is the fastest kid to ever come through Gilmer ran a 10.4 as a soph. I know track speed and football speed is different but he’s actually a football player that runs track so he Carrie’s his speed well.

3 hours ago, LetsGoEagles said:

That’s what everyone wants to see about CHill. We all know they’re gonna score points. But they gave up almost 30/game in playoffs last year. That won’t cut it. Defense had to improve. 

It cut it all the way to the semis and 9 seconds away from a SC appearance.

• LOL! 1

Why in the world are ya’ll SO defensive? Ya’ll have a great team with a star QB who is a SOPHOMORE and you’re the most defensive fan base on here. Why? I’m pulling for you guys to do well, but the fact is, your suspect defense cost you that trip to the state game just like ours cost us a ring. You can’t give up those types of points and win a ring. Isn’t that what all this is about? I know we wanted one. Just didn’t have the defense for it. CHill has the talent offensively NO DOUBT, but I think most folks on here who pay attention to the DoD are wondering the same thing. Does Chill have what it takes defensively to bring home a ring. At some point CHill is gonna have to back up all the big talk and stop some folks if they want to get a ring. We couldn’t get it done. Argyle had too much. I’m just saying what many folks are thinking, I wish many of the CHill fans were too. But it’s like arguing with a 7 year old with some of you. And that 7 year old refuses to acknowledge simple facts that even the most basic HS football fan knows. AT SOME POINT YOU WILL NEED A CHAMPIONSHIP LEVEL DEFENSE TOO. ….. SMH 

14 minutes ago, LetsGoEagles said:

Why in the world are ya’ll SO defensive? Ya’ll have a great team with a star QB who is a SOPHOMORE and you’re the most defensive fan base on here. Why? I’m pulling for you guys to do well, but the fact is, your suspect defense cost you that trip to the state game just like ours cost us a ring. You can’t give up those types of points and win a ring. Isn’t that what all this is about? I know we wanted one. Just didn’t have the defense for it. CHill has the talent offensively NO DOUBT, but I think most folks on here who pay attention to the DoD are wondering the same thing. Does Chill have what it takes defensively to bring home a ring. At some point CHill is gonna have to back up all the big talk and stop some folks if they want to get a ring. We couldn’t get it done. Argyle had too much. I’m just saying what many folks are thinking, I wish many of the CHill fans were too. But it’s like arguing with a 7 year old with some of you. And that 7 year old refuses to acknowledge simple facts that even the most basic HS football fan knows. AT SOME POINT YOU WILL NEED A CHAMPIONSHIP LEVEL DEFENSE TOO. ….. SMH 

A few poster on smoaky ain’t “the fan base.”   It’s just a few posters on smoaky.  A high scoring offense is the priority.  Defense is important, it’s all important, but scoring a lot of points is the top goal.   It’s just the way we do it in CH. We ain’t changing either.  We won’t win as many games if we play the grind it out and run the ball and play hard nose defense style of football.  We fast, so we we running the score up.  It’s just a different philosophy.  It worked well last year, and we wouldn’t change a thing.

#WeFastToo

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Sportsguru02 said:

Watch out for Wil Henderson a newcomer to varsity, if he get a crease it’s 6 points. Kid is the fastest kid to ever come through Gilmer ran a 10.4 as a soph. I know track speed and football speed is different but he’s actually a football player that runs track so he Carrie’s his speed well.

I know who your talking about. That kid last year would run a punt or a kickoff back for a td just about every time he’d get the ball. You ain’t lying he can fly. I didn’t know he ran the 100 that fast. That’s what Boyd was running his senior year.