Week 1 Gilmer @ Chapel Hill

Chill5000

Gilmer @ Chapel Hill  

79 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins

This poll is closed to new votes

1 hour ago, LetsGoEagles said:

Had to say this with CHILL06 too…. Now, stankylegg - I refuse to have a battle of wits with an unarmed person.

Have a great night and again, Best of luck to the CHill dogs this season. 

Who am I?

I troll a page for another school that made it to the “final four” and talk about how their style of play doesn’t cut it!?!?  Then I make claims about a “fan base” based on a few posters on smoaky!?!? When the rebuttal comes and it’s stated that the style of play is not by mistake it’s planned and intentional and that a few posters don’t necessarily represent the entire “fan base.”  I then respond with a sarcastic response asking where the ring is!?!?  All while I’m supporting a school that failed to win a SC 2 years ago,  by not playing good defense, while CH fans greatly supported and encouraged the Lindale community.  Then when the question gets turned around on me, I respond with “that was two years ago, let it go.” Like the CH fan is actually holding on to some unrealized glory for Lindale in a missed opportunity a couple of years ago.  Then when it’s pointed out that the response of “that was two years ago, let it go” makes absolutely no sense when considered against the fan biases of this conversation, I simply bow out of the discussion with a passive attempt at an insult!

I know who you are!   You’re LGE!!!!

If I had more time to waste, I would make you my project this year.  You’re fun to spar with, because typical relational parameters (such as, whom would be letting go of the Lindale SC game two years ago) are clearly undefined with you.    You use enough correct punctuation to be somewhat educated, to what extent? I do question, but nonetheless you have waived your white flag of surrender, so even though the sweet taste of victory was not attained through the blood and gore of a hard fought keyboard argument founded in data and pillared with quotes and recreational journalism, I will accept that surrender.   Maybe this is just deja vu of the Lindale vs CH games of old, when Lindale was athletically inept and CH was a band of savages that pillaged the small Miranda Lambert Mecca for an easy yet gruesome victory, where the pride of Lindale Eagle Football would simple declare, “I’m getting beat and I can’t really compete, so I’ll lay down and quit…. But… as I am laying down and quitting, I’ll speak to the world of how pathetic you are and how much better I am than you.”   All that to say, I do not have the spare time to post away throughout the season in this meaningless thread of armchair QBs and washed up has been meatheads, whose best days of their life were accomplished before the age of 17-18.

I AM not only armed, I AM dangerous…. Insert  Evil laugh and Too Gun Maverick smirk over the aviators.   JK

Who the heck thinks in terms of “being armed” in a high school sports forum anyway!?!?

#WeFastToo

58 minutes ago, michaelmyers said:

I know who your talking about. That kid last year would run a punt or a kickoff back for a td just about every time he’d get the ball. You ain’t lying he can fly. I didn’t know he ran the 100 that fast. That’s what Boyd was running his senior year. 

Can’t wait to see him play!  I love watching the athleticism and the program of Gilmer  Football every time they play CH.  Gilmer has a lot to be proud of and is a great example of what a “program” really looks like.  

#WeFastToo

4 minutes ago, Stankylegg said:

Who am I?

I troll a page for another school that made it to the “final four” and talk about how their style of play doesn’t cut it!?!?  Then I make claims about a “fan base” based on a few posters on smoaky!?!? When the rebuttal comes and it’s stated that the style of play is not by mistake it’s planned and intentional and that a few posters don’t necessarily represent the entire “fan base.”  I then respond with a sarcastic response asking where the ring is!?!?  All while I’m supporting a school that failed to win a SC 2 years ago,  by not playing good defense, while CH fans greatly supported and encouraged the Lindale community.  Then when the question gets turned around on me, I respond with “that was two years ago, let it go.” Like the CH fan is actually holding on to some unrealized glory for Lindale in a missed opportunity a couple of years ago.  Then when it’s pointed out that the response of “that was two years ago, let it go” makes absolutely no sense when considered against the fan biases of this conversation, I simply bow out of the discussion with a passive attempt at an insult!

I know who you are!   You’re LGE!!!!

If I had more time to waste, I would make you my project this year.  You’re fun to spar with, because typical relational parameters (such as, whom would be letting go of the Lindale SC game two years ago) are clearly undefined with you.    You use enough correct punctuation to be somewhat educated, the what extent I do question, but nonetheless you have waive your white flag of surrender, so even though the sweet taste of victory was not attained through the blood and gore of a hard fought keyboard argument founded in data and pillared with quotes and recreational journalism, I will accept that surrender.   Maybe this is just deja vu of the Lindale vs CH games of old, when Lindale was athletically inept and CH was a band of savages that pillaged the small Miranda Lambert Mecca for an easy yet gruesome victory, where the pride of Lindale Eagle Football would simple declare, “I’m getting beat and I can’t really compete, so I’ll lay down and quit…. But… as I am laying down and quitting, I’ll speak to the world of how pathetic you are and how much better I am than you.”   All that to say, I do not have the spare time to post away throughout the season in this meaningless thread of armchair QBs and washed up has been meatheads, whose best days of their life were accomplished before the age of 17-18.

I AM not only armed, I AM dangerous…. Insert  Evil laugh and Too Gun Maverick smirk over the aviators.   JK

Who the heck thinks in terms of “being armed” in a high school sports forum anyway!?!?

LoL - some will understand why I’m laughing and some will not. 

23 minutes ago, LetsGoEagles said:

Stank, all I was trying to say is what’s on everyone’s mind is will CHill have enough defense to get the ring, we already know you’ve got the offense …. Wow. 

#124-27

Yet sir, you did not say that.  Your tense of speech was not correct if that were the case.  

DID you get the ring?

WILL you get the ring?

You see, changing one small word demands a completely different answer from the individual to whom the question is being asked.

My initial response to you was simply, we got all the way to the Semis and were 9 seconds away from the SC with a freshmen RB & QB and many other underclass men.  If I were the head coach, there would be no way to convince me to change anything in regards to my coaching philosophy or my mission objectives.  I’m just building on what got us there, which is score more points.   As much as folks talk about defense, if CH gains 6 yards on their second to last possession, they win the game.   This is in no way a CH fan being defensive, it’s just simply analyzing what I saw with my own two eyes and thinking logically about how the team can accomplish even more next year.  It’s just simply not by focusing more on defense.   Does that mean CH doesn’t work on defense?  Absolutely not.  But it does mean that CH is not going to prioritize it over scoring points. 

#WeFastToo

Gilmer has speed, no question.  And top level talent at the skill positions. Tennison has a chance to be better than his brother by his senior year.  There is a lot of talent on the roster. 

But Gilmer doesn’t have a lot of size this year. That’s my biggest concern. I don’t care who is coaching who, a 165 lb offensive lineman is going to struggle going against bigger players. If Gilmer can hold up on the O line, they have a chance. But if the CH defense is in the backfield all night, it could get ugly. 

11 minutes ago, CasualObserver70 said:

Gilmer has speed, no question.  And top level talent at the skill positions. Tennison has a chance to be better than his brother by his senior year.  There is a lot of talent on the roster. 

But Gilmer doesn’t have a lot of size this year. That’s my biggest concern. I don’t care who is coaching who, a 165 lb offensive lineman is going to struggle going against bigger players. If Gilmer can hold up on the O line, they have a chance. But if the CH defense is in the backfield all night, it could get ugly. 

Gilmer has always impressed me with their conditioning late in games and their scrappiness despite their size. 

#WeFastToo

12 minutes ago, CasualObserver70 said:

Does Gilmer really have starting offensive linemen who are 165 pounds????!!

🤯

3 minutes ago, HearEmaGrowlin said:

I like that post, made me laugh. 

If Gilmer is near that undersized young Tennison will run for his life all year.

Don't act like Gilmer's o-line ever averages over 180. O-line will be alright ... eventually.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, HearEmaGrowlin said:

I like that post, made me laugh. 

If Gilmer is near that undersized, young Tennison will run for his life all year.

The good news is that Cadon can run for his life better than most.

• Like 1
  • LOL! 1

On 8/22/2022 at 2:40 PM, Gsquared said:

Cannot wait to see this one Friday!  Hoping for a dry track. Anywhere close to the stadium for a quick bite to eat before the game? 

Poke in da eye is good. I recommend the chopped brisket or turkey! Def won’t be disappointed. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, LetsGoEagles said:

DCTF has Gilmer favored ….. that’s bizarre 

I just watched the show and Greg actually picks CH to win for a couple of reasons. 
1. The CH offense returns a lot. 
2. Says Gilmer’s QB situation isn’t settled yet. Will they find a replacement for B Tennison?

Well, Gilmer’s QB situation IS settled and has been for years! C Tennison, Brandon’s brother will be starting QB. He’s been groomed since Jr High for this moment. He’s a Soph, so will he be ready? I don’t know. He played Varsity as a Freshman primarily on defense, but he did play a little QB in the 4th qtrs. and was 2-3 60 yds 1 td. while rushing for 307 yds (9.3 ypc). He can definitely step into the starting role as he’s had both Stump Godfrey and his brother working with him for years. My question is still, can the OL work together and give him time? If so, he will put on a show. I bet the playbook will be very conservative this first game. Let’s not forget, Gilmer returns several running backs, including all state Haynes. Look for them to establish that run early and then let Tennison do his thing. I believe Gilmer’s defense overall is better than CH at this point. Hopefully CH challenges the Gilmer secondary as they return 2 all state players. Just looking for an exciting game with no injuries. Regardless of the outcome, both teams will be better because of this game!

• Like 3

There will be a major difference in both sides if this were not a Week 1 Matchup.  CH feels like they were within a play of Jerry’s World with 10 offensive starters back.  They will try to pick up where they left off.  Gilmer was a fluke play (Blocked FG for a TD) away from actually winning a state title after two straight trips to Arlington. So expectations are sky high on some really young players for both sides. This will feel like a life or death December playoff game from the time Gilmer gets off the bus.

But the reality is, this is week 1 and both teams have a ton of questions to answer. Both teams will be in the mix at the end of the season, for sure. As for this game? Basic fundamentals will win as both sides are crazy athletic and talented.  The team that tackle well, takes care of the ball, plays clean and does not beat themselves will win.

Both teams will RUN THE BALL, leading to a faster, lower scoring game. CH has an athletic QB but he is no Brandon Tennison throwing the ball. CH will try to run it and catch the Buckeye secondary cheating up on occasion.  Caden is not on that level yet either, but he can throw it well when given time. But Gilmer will just try and stay in this fight until the 4th Qtr and keep all the emotion in check, minimizing mistakes and keeping their composure.

Toss-Up here. I say Gilmer 36-34 on a last second field goal. This will be one of the more entertaining games of the whole year. Buckeye fans remember 2020 Lindale game in Gilmer? Buckle up… that is about what I expect.