Week 1 Gilmer @ Chapel Hill

Chill5000

Gilmer @ Chapel Hill  

79 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins

This poll is closed to new votes

Terrible performance by CH. Was very disappointed in the leadership from the players. I think we need to quit worrying about getting back to state and concentrate on some conditioning at the moment. Gilmer looked energetic and we looked dead. Walking off the field drove me nuts. 

Great effort by Gilmer. They simply wanted it more. 

Our stud Qb and Rb looked to be in terrible shape. Walking around. No energy. 

Sorry for the negativity but let’s me honest. We are no where near ready. We will not get out of district with the effort i saw tonight. Both coaches and the players  

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, MoveTheChain said:

51-27 Final

Chapel Hill had 7 turnovers.  

Gilmer plays Kilgore next week

Chapel Hill plays Van next week.

Gilmer has a great program.  It’s always impressive to see how they reload and keep on with their winning ways.   CH has to clean up the turnovers.  A week 1 loss isn’t always a bad thing and it’s honestly what I expected when I saw the schedule for the first time.  

Started out a good game, 4 ints first half hurt the dawgs, big stops by G when CHill was getting momentum.... Gilmer has a good team and should be playing deep this year

You could tell it was the first game, injury after injury, cramp after cramp.. especially for the dawgs.. this game will make both squads better

Just now, BoyzNdaHood said:

Started out a good game, 4 ints first half hurt the dawgs, big stops by G when CHill was getting momentum.... Gilmer has a good team and should be playing deep this year

You could tell it was the first game, injury after injury, cramp after cramp.. especially for the dawgs.. this game will make both squads better

A lot of that is conditioning.  Run til you puke during 2-a-days and you don’t get cramps on Friday nights.  

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Stankylegg said:

A lot of that is conditioning.  Run til you puke during 2-a-days and you don’t get cramps on Friday nights.  

It was very noticeable that Gilmer is in much better shape than our guys. Especially the Qb and Rb.  

i was impressed with our defense for the most part. They def looked improved from last year. The offense took several steps backwards. 

• Like 1

Let me tell you something… whoever the CLASSLESS people at Chapel Hill were that turned off the stadium lights while Gilmer was loading buses are IDIOTS!!!  You could have gotten people HURT trying to get out of your CRAPPY facilities in the dark!

Take your butt kicking with class!

your superintendent, school board and administrators should be EMBARRASSED!  

You have a talented football team, but you are worse than sore losers!

4 minutes ago, buckeyefandom said:

Let me tell you something… whoever the CLASSLESS people at Chapel Hill were that turned off the stadium lights while Gilmer was loading buses are IDIOTS!!!  You could have gotten people HURT trying to get out of your CRAPPY facilities in the dark!

Put your band back on the home side at your stadium, then talk about class. Your visiting folks can’t even enjoy their own band and students for your band being in their way.  And every time I’ve been around Gilmer fans they’re sore losers.  Clean your on closet before you call people classless.  

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, JugLine said:

We hype our young Qb up enough so i think it fair to critique. He really lacked leadership tonight. Poor attitude at times. Looked exhausted with no will. The backup#8 looked very good imo

In the scrimmage against Pittsburg, the backup qb definitely had better mechanics than the starter. 

5 minutes ago, buckeyefandom said:

Hope it was just a honest mistake and not a sick prank.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, VonG said:

In the scrimmage against Pittsburg, the backup qb definitely had better mechanics than the starter. 

He def had the better attitude tonight. He acted like a leader the very few plays he got in. We were all shocked when the backup got pulled out. 

2 minutes ago, DB2point0 said:

Put your band back on the home side at your stadium, then talk about class. Your visiting folks can’t even enjoy their own band and students for your band being in their way.  And every time I’ve been around Gilmer fans they’re sore losers.  Clean your on closet before you call people classless.  

I take it you're not from Longview?  Buckeyes don't lose very often, so some of our fans get confused and act weird when the rare loss does happen.

• Like 1

Gilmer won. CH looked like a dying fish flopping around frantically slapping the fisherman some of the time whilst Gilmer was more of a shark. The shark went in for the kill and yes, some of the time it got caught up in its own acts, it played well for being a baby shark.

Sharks are the best. I’m a shark (Not of the same persuasion) and I wouldn’t be caught dead with anything else. This was a good investment.