Texas High Tigers vs. Frisco Lone Star @ Cowboys Stadium

55PLAYER1

Texas High vs. Frisco Lonestar   

28 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins???

This poll is closed to new votes

7 hours ago, RogerDorn said:

good gm 38-33 final...kickoff return in the 2nd half for LS made the difference,  defense played a lot better in 2nd half . Good first game

Good game! The difference  was their QB got hurt in the first half he was really good. 

On 8/26/2022 at 11:12 PM, THSfanatic said:

Very promising first game. Glad we are playing the Big Boys in games & scrimmages.

I could be wrong....it happens frequently.....

But I don't think it's a coincidence that Texas High and Marshall have been the top two teams in the district for the last 2 decades.....and both have historically had the toughest non-district schedules.

Marshall:  Longview annually, Tyler, Shadow Creek, New Caney, McKinney North..... all schools in 5A Div I or 6A, all playoff teams.  We almost always take our lumps early and head into district play with a losing record.  Yet....we've only missed the playoffs a couple of times in the last 20 years.  Go figure.

Not beating up on a bunch of powder puffs and pounding our chests because they are (3-0) or (4-0) like some do annually.

JMHO.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

28 minutes ago, Mavchamp said:

I could be wrong....it happens frequently.....

But I don't think it's a coincidence that Texas High and Marshall have been the top two teams in the district for the last 2 decades.....and both have historically had the toughest non-district schedules.

Marshall:  Longview annually, Tyler, Shadow Creek, New Caney, McKinney North..... all schools in 5A Div I or 6A, all playoff teams.  We almost always take our lumps early and head into district play with a losing record.  Yet....we've only missed the playoffs a couple of times in the last 20 years.  Go figure.

Not beating up on a bunch of powder puffs and pounding our chests because they are (3-0) or (4-0) like some do annually.

JMHO.

It definitely could come into play during the years when maybe the teams weren’t as talented but I think overall both Marshall and Texas High has always traditionally had better athletes and better community support than most of your ETX district mates. I’ve been following the Mavs since 2007, I was a ball boy for McKinney Boyd and I’ll always remember that cold rainy day in Tyler. Still don’t know how we got past Marshall that day. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, collincountyfootball1 said:

It definitely could come into play during the years when maybe the teams weren’t as talented but I think overall both Marshall and Texas High has always traditionally had better athletes and better community support than most of your ETX district mates. I’ve been following the Mavs since 2007, I was a ball boy for McKinney Boyd and I’ll always remember that cold rainy day in Tyler. Still don’t know how we got past Marshall that day. 

Man that was a painful playoff loss..... 21-14.  And it was cold and sleeting the entire game.  Seems like it was like 29 degrees and rained the entire game.  Absolutely miserable.  

But we were a pass-happy team in 2007.... and that cold and wet/icy weather pretty much shut us down along with a stingy Boyd defense.  

5 hours ago, AledoAlumni said:

Doesnt get any easier with Heritage this week. 

With it being the first game of the season and playin at AT&T wasn’t sure about QB ... finished with 285 2 TDs and 1 on the ground... outside of fumble on the first drive it was a good game . Heritage scored 60 last week , no doubt defense will have to play better . 

• Like 1