King George

EnjoyLife

The best songs by who I think was the true King George :  1. He Stopped Loving Her Today 2.  The Grand Tour 3. She Thinks I Still Care 4. Who's Going to Fill Their Shoes 5. White Lightning 6. The Door 7. Some Day My Day will Come 8. If Drinkin' Don't Kill Me (Her Memory Will) 9. Same Ole Me 10. Bartender's Blues . 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, RETIREDFAN1 said:

Saw him at Jones Country here in Colmesneil in 1985.......I miss that place......lol

I had forgotten about Jones Country. Never went there. I saw GS at the Reo Palm Isle in Longview around 1983 or 1984. Took this girl there on our first...and only...date. Man...she was cute...but bat wing crazy lol.

• LOL! 1

3 hours ago, DaveTV1 said:

The best songs by who I think was the true King George :  1. He Stopped Loving Her Today 2.  The Grand Tour 3. She Thinks I Still Care 4. Who's Going to Fill Their Shoes 5. White Lightning 6. The Door 7. Some Day My Day will Come 8. If Drinkin' Don't Kill Me (Her Memory Will) 9. Same Ole Me 10. Bartender's Blues . 

Can't argue with that 👍

2 minutes ago, EnjoyLife said:

I had forgotten about Jones Country. Never went there. I saw GS at the Reo Palm Isle in Longview around 1983 or 1984. Took this girl there on our first...and only...date. Man...she was cute...but bat wing crazy lol.

Yep....they brought a LOT of country music stars to good ole Colmesneil......

3 hours ago, DaveTV1 said:

"She Thinks I Still Care" is probably my favorite. I know it is blasphemy...but I just never liked "He Stopped Loving Her Today". Forgive me lol.

20 hours ago, EnjoyLife said:

I saw George Jones at Billy Bob's and The Oil Palace, and I have his autograph.  

20 hours ago, RETIREDFAN1 said:

About 10 years.......

He was big from the 50's to the 80's and had number 1 hits in all 4 decades.  He fell off in the 90's and 00's, but still had 5 top 40 hits in those two decades.  In the 60's he had an album titled :  Long Live King George - Wikipedia .  I currently consider Willie Nelson to be the current reigning King of country, even though I don't care for his voice.  He's the oldest and he actually has more songs in the Top 500 Country Songs of All time than George and George combined, although about half of those were co-written with Waylon Jennings and one with Merle Haggard.