Dumb stuff

Destry

Back in my sophomore year of HS, we played our rivals week 2 of the season. During the week they came over and poured diesel in our endzone in the shape of male private parts that took up the entire endzone and set it on fire. So for the the rest of the year, if you driving towards the south endzone, you were literally running into a penis and balls. Looking back, got to admit it was pretty funny

• LOL! 5

5A State Championship game in Illinois back in the early 90s .... one team goes for it on 4th and short inside their own 20 yard line TWICE and doesn't make it either time ... the other team scores twice with the short field .... the team that went for it on those two 4th downs out gained the other team 3 to 1 in total yards but ended up losing 14 to 10 ... dumb

• Like 1

Saw one of our players wipe his feet on the midfield logo of a team that was ranked in the top 10 in class 3A, with us being the smallest school in the class. They didn’t think it was funny and whipped us up and down the field for 4 quarters. 

• LOL! 3

31 minutes ago, trueblue82 said:

Saw one of our players wipe his feet on the midfield logo of a team that was ranked in the top 10 in class 3A, with us being the smallest school in the class. They didn’t think it was funny and whipped us up and down the field for 4 quarters. 

Had to be lambo🤣

• LOL! 1

Last year when we played MV in the playoffs several players were flopping after the plays were over like they had been pushed or hit after the play. I’ve never in my life seen that on a football field. The player would be a few feet away and they would flop on the ground to try to draw a penalty 🤣🤣🤣

• LOL! 2

9 minutes ago, GWBears01 said:

Last year when we played MV in the playoffs several players were flopping after the plays were over like they had been pushed or hit after the play. I’ve never in my life seen that on a football field. The player would be a few feet away and they would flop on the ground to try to draw a penalty 🤣🤣🤣

MV did the same thing against West in the playoffs.

• SMH 1

1 hour ago, trueblue82 said:

I think I was at that game...

A few years back at Jerruh World during a State Championship game a team from south of Waco kicked the opening kickoff to an East Texas team ... the ball landed in the middle of the field quite short of the goal line and bounced around while the two return men danced around it and watched it like it was a punt .... the kicking team ran down and covered it .... A STATE CHAMPIONSHIP GAME .... dumb, dumb, dumb ....

• LOL! 1
  • SMH 2

20 minutes ago, KirtFalcon said:

A few years back at Jerruh World during a State Championship game a team from south of Waco kicked the opening kickoff to an East Texas team ... the ball landed in the middle of the field quite short of the goal line and bounced around while the two return men danced around it and watched it like it was a punt .... the kicking team ran down and covered it .... A STATE CHAMPIONSHIP GAME .... dumb, dumb, dumb ....

I know some of y’all had to have been at this game and saw it too .... it went downhill from there after losing the ball on that opening kickoff return .... heck of a way to start off a State Championship game .... anyone remember this? ....

• Like 1

1 hour ago, KirtFalcon said:

I know some of y’all had to have been at this game and saw it too .... it went downhill from there after losing the ball on that opening kickoff return .... heck of a way to start off a State Championship game .... anyone remember this? ....

Did that same team win state the next year?

I saw a game a few years back that a team that had taken the lead had a chance to run the clock out but coach thought he needed more points and called a pass play.  In the end the defense held and the game was won ... but it did get dicey at the end.  Was funny hearing women in the stands asking why such a play was called .  Might be a few on here who was at that game.😀

• Like 1

I saw a varsity coach run up the score in a JV game on purpose.  The next night our HC yelled across the field at halftime if he'd have enough yet.  It was 56-0 then.  I was doing the chains and thought that was the funniest thing I've seen.  The dumbest was the night before.

• LOL! 1

On kickoff ball is kicked deep toward corner of endzone, kick returner runs over and instead of letting ball go out of bounds leaps and with one hand

slaps ball back into field of play at 1 yard line and kicking team recovers, next play they score.

• SMH 1