Dumb stuff

Destry

Guest Tiger03lb
15 hours ago, Tatum_DirtyBird said:

Anybody that ever kicked or punted deep to Tatum in ‘05, ‘06, or ‘07. Lol

Probably score a td from us then in 06' 😆

A couple of years ago, first season during the "pandemic" stuff. Two teams sweat, bleed and breath on each other for 4 quarters. When the game's over they had to wave at each other from across the field instead of shaking hands. That's the dumbest thing I ever saw on a football field...

• Like 4
  • LOL! 4

17 minutes ago, Vandalman said:

A couple of years ago, first season during the "pandemic" stuff. Two teams sweat, bleed and breath on each other for 4 quarters. When the game's over they had to wave at each other from across the field instead of shaking hands. That's the dumbest thing I ever saw on a football field...

This wins my vote...

On 8/24/2022 at 8:33 PM, upullinmychain said:

Ima open this can of worms...played a team in their swamp instead of ours..team gets three Try's  at a field goal before they make it,once they said an inadvertent whistle,second they said it was on third down,they jump on next one and don't get flagged but do get the field goal finally..never said anything on smoaky about it till now but that was a wee bit shady..js..that ought to stir up some stuff...lol image.gif

image.gif

Yea that was on the refs, also lined  up in the slot t with a kicker and about 16 players on the field lol

• LOL! 1

On 8/24/2022 at 8:10 PM, RETIREDFAN1 said:

Kickoff stops dead on the 1 yard line.....kid picked it up, took it back to the end zone and knelt it......thought it would be a touchback.........

Something like that happen when I played. Except the guy caught the ball ran about 5 yards turned around and took a knee in the endzone. I remember laughing so hard as I was running down the field. I was literally crying tears laughing, I hadn't every seen that before.

• LOL! 2

52 minutes ago, HJR7 said:

Something like that happen when I played. Except the guy caught the ball ran about 5 yards turned around and took a knee in the endzone. I remember laughing so hard as I was running down the field. I was literally crying tears laughing, I hadn't every seen that before.

elrond-lotr.gif

Two tru stories ...

My senior year I was the blocking back for our punter ... it was 4th down and we were ready to punt .... ball is snapped, rushers coming in hard and fast from both sides, I can’t decide which one to block, I start giving ground backwards, punter drops the ball on my back and kicks me square in the back side ... he was a slow long striding punter .... lol

Very cold late season game .... Same punter, back to kick, I am in position to block for him ... I wait until I hear the kick then I am responsible for the right side containment ... I wait and wait and wait and there is no kick .... I look back and the punter is chasing the ball and finally covers it about 10 yards behind where he had set up to kick .... without telling anyone,  including the coach, he was wearing some of those black leather street gloves .... the ball went right through his hands and off his helmet .... that was the last time he wore those gloves .... lol

• LOL! 2

8 hours ago, Vandalman said:

I'm out of reactions for today, but this is Post of the Year material. lol

9 minutes ago, upullinmychain said:

Yeah,they had to wear a mask on the sidelines when not on the field wrestling and clawing each other..what a Tru cluster that season was.

Par for the course though, since there's so much common sense floating around these days lol...

Dumbest thing we did was "split the uprights" with underclassmen. Seniors would grab freshmen or teammates with a bad attitude, then drag them at top speed. Each dude would go around the upright and rack the dudes crouch. Not smart at all, or funny now that I have kids and grandkids. I'm truly thankful we never seriously injured anyone.............and we easily could have. Lord looked out for us!

On 8/23/2022 at 6:00 PM, KirtFalcon said:

I know some of y’all had to have been at this game and saw it too .... it went downhill from there after losing the ball on that opening kickoff return .... heck of a way to start off a State Championship game .... anyone remember this? ....

Would this have been 2014?

On 8/23/2022 at 5:36 PM, KirtFalcon said:

A few years back at Jerruh World during a State Championship game a team from south of Waco kicked the opening kickoff to an East Texas team ... the ball landed in the middle of the field quite short of the goal line and bounced around while the two return men danced around it and watched it like it was a punt .... the kicking team ran down and covered it .... A STATE CHAMPIONSHIP GAME .... dumb, dumb, dumb ....

Hmmm. Why does that sound familiar...

• Like 1

2 hours ago, 88YoePride said:

Hmmm. Why does that sound familiar...

Yoe are so right .... when I was a 6th grader playing jr high football, we all knew a kickoff in the field of play was a live ball, anyone's ball, you HAD TO FIELD IT ... unlike a punt ... how high school kick returners playing in a State Championship game don’t know this is beyond belief ....

1 hour ago, KirtFalcon said:

Yoe are so right .... when I was a 6th grader playing jr high football, we all knew a kickoff in the field of play was a live ball, anyone's ball, you HAD TO FIELD IT ... unlike a punt ... how high school kick returners playing in a State Championship game don’t know this is beyond belief ....

Weelll, stage fright, maybe. We don't judge. Do you know anything about the "tragedy of errors" we had against China Spring around the same time? I mean, we flubbed the coin toss that night, for ______ sake.

On 8/26/2022 at 2:01 PM, 514 said:

Had a student ask one year what classification OPEN was on our schedule was.

Reminds me when my brother taught agriculture.  Had a kid asked him where the school  “denotes” was ?  Ironically that same kid has made a lot of money in his life🤤.