Situational Defense

TrumpisDump

10 minutes ago, TrumpisDump said:

Do you believe in letting the offense score to get the ball back with enough time of the clock?

Depends. If your defense hasn’t been able to stop opponent all game but you’ve been able to score all night, it could very well work in your favor. Tough call. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Tatum_DirtyBird said:

Depends. If your defense hasn’t been able to stop opponent all game but you’ve been able to score all night, it could very well work in your favor. Tough call. 

I saw Gilmer do it around 2012 or 13 and it came back to bite them big time.

You are down by 1 point, opponent has the ball with first down, with around 2:00 minutes left, and you have no timeouts...........Your chances of winning are greatly improved by letting them score on the next play - if the opposing coach doesn't tell his kids to not score................just an example

5 minutes ago, cotton84 said:

You are down by 1 point, opponent has the ball with first down, with around 2:00 minutes left, and you have no timeouts...........Your chances of winning are greatly improved by letting them score on the next play - if the opposing coach doesn't tell his kids to not score................just an example

Purposely not scoring so you can run some clock is a whole other can of worms. 😂

18 minutes ago, Tatum_DirtyBird said:

I’m thinking Gladewater did that against Gilmer in 2014 at Lobo. @GWBears01?

The RB (I’ve talked to him about it) did go down intentionally (as he was instructed). He said he was certain that he could have scored but when I watched it on film I’m not sure that he could have. There was a player who had an angle. I still think that if he could have scored it would have been best but hindsight is 20/20 and if we had ran out the clock it would have been a genius call. 

1 hour ago, Tatum_DirtyBird said:

Both teams must be running the spread!!!