DCTF TRASHED AN AMAZING APP

TrinityRiverRat

14 minutes ago, NewtonBaller said:

How did they provide it for free over the past years? There were ads on the old format, but they changed the interface so they could sell more ad space and make even more money. They took something that worked and changed it to simply make more money.

DCTF also bought the app from someone, I assume.  So they paid money for the app with the intention, I'm just guessing cuz I don't have a business degree, of making it something that makes more money for them!!!  It's a novel concept, you know, to try and maximize the profits on a service you are providing.

They missed.  The app is worse now than it was.  No doubt about it!  But do you think the goal was to make it worse to make more money? That doesn't make any sense!  My guess is they will try to improve it knowing what the issues are.  That's kind of how the free market works.

18 minutes ago, NewtonBaller said:

How did they provide it for free over the past years? There were ads on the old format, but they changed the interface so they could sell more ad space and make even more money. They took something that worked and changed it to simply make more money.

A business needing to make money?????? gosh....what a shame..... especially in a thriving market like ................. highscool football? its not like we have tv time on fox or something.... with all they do for our kids im all good with the adds.....

1 minute ago, NewtonBaller said:

At the end of the day they made unnecessary changes and rushed an app, that is very buggy and just not very good. Great for DCTF that they have a corner on the market and the app is really the only reliable source for scores, they'll continue to make money off of it and people will continue to complain.

then........hire a developer........ make app......... use for free.................... lose money.............

or

use the FREE app and shut the owifnoenf 

Not a fan of it at all.....but it's free. So, ima just shut up and use it. I bet yall are too. Ya know why? Cuz its free. And though it's not as easy as before.....it's still the best place to get updates without having to click on thread after thread after thread on a message board. Oh, and did I mention it's free? The last app had us spoiled.....I get that.....but it is what it is....change is inevitable. Unfortunately, this change went down hill....not up. But if it'll load and it ain't crashed....I'ma use it lol. 

9 minutes ago, Eagle8 said:

Not a fan of it at all.....but it's free. So, ima just shut up and use it. I bet yall are too. Ya know why? Cuz its free. And though it's not as easy as before.....it's still the best place to get updates without having to click on thread after thread after thread on a message board. Oh, and did I mention it's free? The last app had us spoiled.....I get that.....but it is what it is....change is inevitable. Unfortunately, this change went down hill....not up. But if it'll load and it ain't crashed....I'ma use it lol. 

We will see tonight!!

1 hour ago, JBizzle said:

What I don't get is all the people who are on Smoaky complaining about a FREE app that they don't have to use as though the people who run the app are combing the smoaky threads to gather feedback.  You are aware that there is a place for feedback on the app store that goes to the developers so that they can correct issues?

The app did take a step back and I am not a fan of the redesign, but I'm not a cry baby democrat who's going to get on here and tell DCTF that they owe me the app I would design when I'm giving them literally $0 to use it.

But you're being a "bootlicker' "crybaby".  The app SUCKS.

12 minutes ago, Everide2016 said:

The app sucks.  I can't even find the chat area.  I've found my way there by accident a time or two.  Can someone please explain to me how to get to the chat for a specific game so I don't waste time guessing.

Find the game page for that specific game/day and look at bottom of page in middle and you’ll see chat 

Capitalism at work on both sides. Ads make money. People using the app makes the ads make money. If the people using the app aren't happy they stop using the app no money. App then must adapt to make consumers happy and make money. 

Complaints are relevant, free or not. The biggest issue is there isn't a competitor to the Friday Night Lights app. If enough people aren't happy there may soon be one. I don't think it would take a computer genius to create the old format (that people were happy with), and combine some sort of ad interface that is efficient and profitable. At the rate of complaints and lack of compliments the most profitable thing for the Friday Night Lights app may be to change. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, JBizzle said:

DCTF also bought the app from someone, I assume.  So they paid money for the app with the intention, I'm just guessing cuz I don't have a business degree, of making it something that makes more money for them!!!  It's a novel concept, you know, to try and maximize the profits on a service you are providing.

They missed.  The app is worse now than it was.  No doubt about it!  But do you think the goal was to make it worse to make more money? That doesn't make any sense!  My guess is they will try to improve it knowing what the issues are.  That's kind of how the free market works.

Or it will go the way of “Old Coach”