Life Is Good in America, Even by European Standards

RETIREDFAN1

9 hours ago, RETIREDFAN1 said:

Just because I recognize that because something is "the American way" does not necessarily make it the best way...and just because I believe we can learn from others...does not mean that I do not think this is a great country.

As far as healthcare goes... I do not think it is a coincidence that the author chose the UKs NHS for his "proof". The Brits have underfunded their healthcare system for years. In 2019 they spent 9.9% of gdp on healthcare...compared to our 17-18%. France, Germany etc largely avoid many of the Brits problems by appropriately funding their healthcare system (around 12% of gdp). With that said...Brits would riot in the streets if they were told they were going to be stuck with the American healthcare model.

We are certainly blessed with natural resources and that we are not at the mercy of an old KGB commie like Putin to heat our homes.

Btw...I thought you dismissed "opinion pieces" as worthless? I guess this one is "different"?

• Like 1
  • LOL! 1

2 hours ago, EnjoyLife said:

Just because I recognize that because something is "the American way" does not necessarily make it the best way...and just because I believe we can learn from others...does not mean that I do not think this is a great country.

As far as healthcare goes... I do not think it is a coincidence that the author chose the UKs NHS for his "proof". The Brits have underfunded their healthcare system for years. In 2019 they spent 9.9% of gdp on healthcare...compared to our 17-18%. France, Germany etc largely avoid many of the Brits problems by appropriately funding their healthcare system (around 12% of gdp). With that said...Brits would riot in the streets if they were told they were going to be stuck with the American healthcare model.

We are certainly blessed with natural resources and that we are not at the mercy of an old KGB commie like Putin to heat our homes.

Btw...I thought you dismissed "opinion pieces" as worthless? I guess this one is "different"?

Underfunded? Every time a government program fails this is the typical response. More money won’t help the gov be efficient or effective. They suck at everything except killing people. That’s why they should be in charge of the military only. 

• Like 1

On 8/26/2022 at 9:48 AM, EnjoyLife said:

Opinion pieces are like noses--everyone has one, and they are always running.