Rose City Rivalry

cujoforlife

Who Will Win   

24 members have voted

1. 1. Rivalry

This poll is closed to new votes

19 hours ago, cujoforlife said:

Until I see TH put together a complete game it is hard to think that are going to win, but I am pulling for my school no matter what.

It’s going to be ok. Let’s not pull out the Torches and Pick forks, not just yet, lol

Let’s take a careful look and be realistic and forget about the talk about finishing 2nd or 3rd. TH coming into the season without a QB and  then we really only have returning two offensive weapons, and one was hurt last season so you don’t know how he will preform. On defense, it has to start with Linebackers and TH has like maybe one.

So it’s going to take the whole preseason to put things together. But TH has always been IMO a 3 to 5 place finishing. And it could change.

4 hours ago, cujo2016 said:

It’s going to be ok. Let’s not pull out the Torches and Pick forks, not just yet, lol

Let’s take a careful look and be realistic and forget about the talk about finishing 2nd or 3rd. TH coming into the season without a QB and  then we really only have returning two offensive weapons, and one was hurt last season so you don’t know how he will preform. On defense, it has to start with Linebackers and TH has like maybe one.

So it’s going to take the whole preseason to put things together. But TH has always been IMO a 3 to 5 place finishing. And it could change.

It’s hard to get your hopes up when you see the same thing year in and year out.

4 minutes ago, cujoforlife said:

It’s hard to get your hopes up when you see the same thing year in and year out.

I hear you, but it is what it is. This is nothing new under the Sun. Research, do you really think a transfer sophomore QB, going to have us to compete with the likes of Lancaster, forget about Longview. We going to be ok, about the second or third district game we’ll be who going to be. 

26 minutes ago, cujo2016 said:

I hear you, but it is what it is. This is nothing new under the Sun. Research, do you really think a transfer sophomore QB, going to have us to compete with the likes of Lancaster, forget about Longview. We going to be ok, about the second or third district game we’ll be who going to be. 

Yes I know that there is going to be growing pains with playing a sophomore QB, was he the best out of the three?

The Lions are going to be fine IMHO.

DO I think they beat Longview?  No.  Lancaster?  Probably not.  But I figure they will be competitive in all the others unless things just completely fall apart for the team.

4 minutes ago, Mavchamp said:

The Lions are going to be fine IMHO.

DO I think they beat Longview?  No.  Lancaster?  Probably not.  But I figure they will be competitive in all the others unless things just completely fall apart for the team.

I am sorry but it is hard to see Tyler beating anyone with the way they played in Marshall 

12 minutes ago, cujoforlife said:

I am sorry but it is hard to see Tyler beating anyone with the way they played in Marshall 

I'm biased...and I know it.

But maybe....just maybe..... Tyler's performance wasn't because the Lions aren't any good....but because Marshall was better than you thought they were going to be.

We will know more about both in the coming weeks.  Marshall has two #1 teams to play in the next three weeks.

Tyler has two 6A (I think?) teams to face.

We shall see.

27 minutes ago, Mavchamp said:

But maybe....just maybe..... Tyler's performance wasn't because the Lions aren't any good....but because Marshall was better than you thought they were going to be.

We will know more about both in the coming weeks.  Marshall has two #1 teams to play in the next three weeks.

We shall see.

Know doubt the Mavericks played good for the first  game of the season. They took it to us, with quite a few penalties. If it wasn’t for the penalties it would have been worse.
Even if TH beat Legacy, we have a lot of work to be done.

5 minutes ago, cujo2016 said:

Know doubt the Mavericks played good for the first  game of the season. They took it to us, with quite a few penalties. If it wasn’t for the penalties it would have been worse.
Even if TH beat Legacy, we have a lot of work to be done.

I think everyone has plenty to work on this early.

The Lions will be fine. 

I definitely wouldn't be pushing any panic buttons after one game.

Now..... if they lose this week.... that might be a reason to be concerned.

But I think Tyler wins easily.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mavchamp said:

We shall see.

It has nothing to do with the way Marshall played in my eyes. And everything to do with the Tyler played and how they gave up 

6 hours ago, cujoforlife said:

It has nothing to do with the way Marshall played in my eyes. And everything to do with the Tyler played and how they gave up 

Yep we were very flat coming out the gate and it stayed that way through the whole game. Like as if they thought Marshall was gonna roll over and they could just start thinking about legacy lol.

5 hours ago, NODAYSOFFTX said:

Yep we were very flat coming out the gate and it stayed that way through the whole game. Like as if they thought Marshall was gonna roll over and they could just start thinking about legacy lol.

it looked like they didn’t want to be out there once they couldn’t score at will.

15 hours ago, cujoforlife said:

I wouldn’t say they gave up. Marshall only scored 1TD the second half. I don’t know what their yardage was, but I’ll say Marshall had maybe 110 the second half compared to what they did the first half.