Week Two: Longview vs Marshall

LoboFan07

Longview Lobos (1-0) vs Marshall Mavericks (1-0)  

54 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Longview in a blow out
    • Longview in a close one
    • Marshall in a close one
    • Marshall in a blow out

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 09/03/2022 at 12:30 AM

3 minutes ago, LOL said:

If they're friends the way that my friends and I are friends, they love beating the crap out of each other in any kind of competition. 

Well, his Ennis team certainly beat the crap out of us in a scrimmage lol. Next year, we returned the favor before finally getting an actual game in 2018. That Cove game could've ended 120-14 and it still wouldn't of shown just how dominant we were that day.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, LoboFan07 said:

Well, his Ennis team certainly beat the crap out of us in a scrimmage lol. Next year, we returned the favor before finally getting an actual game in 2018. That Cove game could've ended 120-14 and it still wouldn't of shown just how dominant we were that day.

My back is still stiff because last weekend a high school buddy and I were shooting hoops, and a game of P-I-G became a game of H-O-R-S-E, then it went to best out of three, then best out of seven, because neither of us wanted to let the other guy win.

I imagine King and Alvarez are even worse than that.  ;) 

• LOL! 2

So wait. Marshall runs a Wing-T now? Or some variation of it ala Auburn under Gus Malzahn? 

This could be interesting! I remember back when JT ran it and would run the same plays over and over just slinging it back to the RB, pulling 2 linemen, and pounding it. He did the same thing at Dallas Carter. Garland tried to do it in 2002 but it didn't work out so well for them.  

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, JohnnyFootball said:

So wait. Marshall runs a Wing-T now? Or some variation of it ala Auburn under Gus Malzahn? 

This could be interesting! I remember back when JT ran it and would run the same plays over and over just slinging it back to the RB, pulling 2 linemen, and pounding it. He did the same thing at Dallas Carter. Garland tried to do it in 2002 but it didn't work out so well for them.  

I'm expecting him to come out in a no-back Spread and chuck it deep, then mixing it up with a fullhouse Power-T, alternated with Flexbone midline option, and a little bit of Run & Shoot thrown in for good measure. 

Just now, LOL said:

I'm expecting him to come out in a no-back Spread and chuck it deep, then mixing it up with a fullhouse Power-T, alternated with Flexbone midline option, and a little bit of Run & Shoot thrown in for good measure. 

Good luck with THAT. Sounds like Dennis Franchione in the mid 00s at A&M. Had weird triple option out of a shotgun, but no play-action or anything off of those plays. Just awful. People don't realize that you can't just throw a collection of plays together and expect success. You have to have a system where plays build off one another. The Wing-T is one of the best at that. 

• Like 1

The biggest question for Marshall will be, can they throw it when they need to. They didn't need to at all against JT last week.

Looks like the rain is going to hold off, so that's encouraging. Hoping we see Hale get closer and closer to the all-time receiving yardage mark tonight.

• Like 2