Week 2 : Tatum @ #4 Daingerfield Thurs 7pm

EastTxFinest

Tatum vs. Dangerfield   

83 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins???

24 minutes ago, Eagleborn said:

Imo it’s because of Watson. 

Agreed. Gonzalez knowing the system helps out as well. He had about 180 yards of total offense. Including about a 40 yard receiving TD. Had a pick on defense as well. 

1 hour ago, GWBears01 said:

Looking like I may make this one. Should be a good game. 

The Tigers need a good defensive game plan. We gotta stop the 3 yard  and cloud of dust all night. This offense as usual is geared around that. Grind,grind, grind, move the chains, create a little frustration and get a occasional big play. We need solid stops and big hits. That's why this coach and offense hasn't, can't and won't beat a team with a good defense. 🤷‍♂️

38 minutes ago, KrookedWolfe said:

The Tigers need a good defensive game plan. We gotta stop the 3 yard  and cloud of dust all night. This offense as usual is geared around that. Grind,grind, grind, move the chains, create a little frustration and get a occasional big play. We need solid stops and big hits. That's why this coach and offense hasn't, can't and won't beat a team with a good defense. 🤷‍♂️

Which coach and offense hasn't beat a good defense?

35 minutes ago, KrookedWolfe said:

Tatum current coach and current offense. My comment isn't to talk down the system E8. It's just facts, and a good defensive game is what we need to get a win Thurs night in the Jungle 🐅 

"Hasnt beat a good defense"? Seems like I recall him winning a State Championship?

6 minutes ago, 89Falcon said:

"Hasnt beat a good defense"? Seems like I recall him winning a State Championship?

10-15 years ago?? Like I said. A team with a good Defense really hurts a team running this offense. A solid and  high powered offense usually pulls a victory too. 

11 minutes ago, Eagleborn said:

Yes

The Tigers have to set the edge and play down hill. Last year as a spectator I figured stacking the box and going man on WR would work, but the motion man hurt us. (vs Waskom)We gotta play defense and let our O do their thing. It may be a chess match all night if we can't make key stops. We gotta score first.

1 hour ago, KrookedWolfe said:

Tatum current coach and current offense. My comment isn't to talk down the system E8. It's just facts, and a good defensive game is what we need to get a win Thurs night in the Jungle 🐅 

K

16 minutes ago, KrookedWolfe said:

For sure EB.. I was just looking over the game vs Center and noticed that Tatum owned the time of possession,  but that's odd because they gave up 44 points. Big plays maybe? 😆 

First play of game was huge for Center. They end up scoring but called back for taunting a couple steps before going into end zone. After the penalty, they score 2 plays later. Tatum then scores and then let’s Center return a kickoff. A third of their score came from 1 big play and a KR. 

4 minutes ago, Tatum_DirtyBird said:

First play of game was huge for Center. They end up scoring but called back for taunting a couple steps before going into end zone. After the penalty, they score 2 plays later. Tatum then scores and then let’s Center return a kickoff. A third of their score came from 1 big play and a KR. 

That is exactly what we need. It's easier said than done to stop this offense with the type of athletes Tatum has, but if we do or atleast slow it down.... I think we win. 

Krooked you must be delusional. Didn’t Waskom whip Daingerfield last year ? It’s the same Coach different town. I’m not sure What Waskom record has been since winning it in 14 and 15. But that was 7 yrs ago. How many State Championships has Daingerfield won since 14?  Waskom played a really really good Franklin team in the semi finals back to back. I’m not defending keeling I don’t know him on a personal level. Maybe he is the reason they lost. But I’m pretty sure that’s not correct. I know he owned the jackets for the last 10 years. If Tatum has talent the system he runs is made to control clock and keep your offense off the field. 

30 minutes ago, KrookedWolfe said:

The Tigers have to set the edge and play down hill. Last year as a spectator I figured stacking the box and going man on WR would work, but the motion man hurt us. (vs Waskom)We gotta play defense and let our O do their thing. It may be a chess match all night if we can't make key stops. We gotta score first.

I’m sure y’all will have a fine game plan. 

18 minutes ago, Ijustwatch said:

Krooked you must be delusional. Didn’t Waskom whip Daingerfield last year ? It’s the same Coach different town. I’m not sure What Waskom record has been since winning it in 14 and 15. But that was 7 yrs ago. How many State Championships has Daingerfield won since 14?  Waskom played a really really good Franklin team in the semi finals back to back. I’m not defending keeling I don’t know him on a personal level. Maybe he is the reason they lost. But I’m pretty sure that’s not correct. I know he owned the jackets for the last 10 years. If Tatum has talent the system he runs is made to control clock and keep your offense off the field. 

Indeed they did beat my Tigers. I know you just watch, but just read my previous statements and you'll notice I said just that.. We'll see what happens Thursday.  We might get our lick back 😆 

9 minutes ago, Ijustwatch said:

If Tatum has talent the system he runs is made to control clock and keep your offense off the field. 

Requires a few stops...which we made. Got up 34-20.....then held them for a 3rd time in a row.....a booming punt down to the 1 flipped the field.... they made a stop, got a score..... and depth started to slowly kick in. Penalty killed our hopes on next drive....boom tie ball game. OT...and we were gassed. Kept scratching and fighting but fell short. We're gonna be physical. We're gonna be frustrating for DCs to play. 4th and 6 ain't no punting down unless you got us inside our 20. If I was Center, I woulda gave their punter the game ball. Planting us on the 1 took away half our playbook. No sane coach is gonna pitch the option or run a jet sweep out of their endzone. Enabled them to clog the middle and create a stop. Momentum was all Tatum until that punt. 

• Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, Ijustwatch said:

IJW let's not start the personal attack mumbo jumbo. It's nothing personal against this man. I don't know him, and don't care to know him. I'm just talking to my Tatum rivals like always, throwing my jabs. Let's not get into our feelings. It's only Sunday and EB and ETF  haven't even got started yet 🤣🤣🤣😂