Week 2 : Tatum @ #4 Daingerfield Thurs 7pm

EastTxFinest

Tatum vs. Dangerfield   

83 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins???

Just now, TigerBlue09 said:

I taught Welch played DT also

Didn't play much DT at Waskom....he's our #2 NG behind Fite.....though we are moving Fite around a good bit between DE and NG. I guess so teams can't plan for doubling him. Fite played FB on 2 point conversions and short yardage downs inside the 5 for us as well. 

2 minutes ago, Eagle8 said:

Didn't play much DT at Waskom....he's our #2 NG behind Fite.....though we are moving Fite around a good bit between DE and NG. I guess so teams can't plan for doubling him. Fite played FB on 2 point conversions and short yardage downs inside the 5 for us as well. 

That’s good strategy but If I was a coach I wouldn’t care where they put him I would tell my players I want four hands on him all night, n I’m pretty sure he is hard to stop in short runs he a big kid

13 minutes ago, TigerBlue09 said:

That’s good strategy but If I was a coach I wouldn’t care where they put him I would tell my players I want four hands on him all night, n I’m pretty sure he is hard to stop in short runs he a big kid

Kinda hard to put 4 hands on him cuz we are constantly bringing so much pressure. DC Watson very much loves to bring heat. But you're correct....smart to try to double him. 

27 minutes ago, Eagle8 said:

Kinda hard to put 4 hands on him cuz we are constantly bringing so much pressure. DC Watson very much loves to bring heat. But you're correct....smart to try to double him. 

You wouldn’t have a choice but to try and put four hands on him he is a heck of an athlete 

3 hours ago, Eagle8 said:

I don't remember Lance playing any defense unless it was short yardage around the goal, he was Waskom starting center for two years and very good his freshman year also. Last year was the first year that Waskom was able to play a mostly all offense and defense without having to just change sides, it was a good to be able to send in fresh people. I watched the Tatum/Center game after I got home last night and Center was very big and athletic I believe they have almost 275 more in high school than Tatum. I believe they will be very tough in their district this year as compared to last year. 

57 minutes ago, Wild74 said:

I don't remember Lance playing any defense unless it was short yardage around the goal, he was Waskom starting center for two years and very good his freshman year also. Last year was the first year that Waskom was able to play a mostly all offense and defense without having to just change sides, it was a good to be able to send in fresh people. I watched the Tatum/Center game after I got home last night and Center was very big and athletic I believe they have almost 275 more in high school than Tatum. I believe they will be very tough in their district this year as compared to last year. 

Yes.......people think I'm exaggerating about Center. Totally different kind of squad this year. 

Guest Tiger03lb
34 minutes ago, Eagleborn said:

500 yards rushing. 35 minutes of TOP. 

DF bout to have their hands full. 

Good offense can be a great defense. 

18 minutes ago, Nick2011 said:

I think so too… After watching the game last night, Tatum is way ahead of what I thought they would be at this point in the season. 

Was a great game wasn't it? Fun to watch for sure. Offensively, I agree. It was a breath of fresh air. Gotta clean up the defense on the back end. Front 7 wasn't bad at all considering what they were up against. Center will put up some points this year. QB is a freak and when he broke....we just couldn't go get him.....kid got mega wheels. All in all, you can see it.....its coming. By district I think we'll be a machine. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, EastTxFinest said:

As long as that starts after this Thursday night 😆🤣😂 

Yalls speed could pose some issues. I think we'll be further along offensively than Gladewater was against yall. This one shouldn't be a 14-13 type of game. I expect a game closer to ours last night. We're content giving it up the middle to the FB and let him follow the 3 big boys in the middle for 3-8 yards a pop waiting for your edge to make a mistake. Hard for 11 kids on defense to keep to their assignments every snap. At some point someone messes up and Cole is great at making em pay. I think its gonna be a fun, intense game to watch. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Eagle8 said:

Yalls speed could pose some issues. I think we'll be further along offensively than Gladewater was against yall. This one shouldn't be a 14-13 type of game. I expect a game closer to ours last night. We're content giving it up the middle to the FB and let him follow the 3 big boys in the middle for 3-8 yards a pop waiting for your edge to make a mistake. Hard for 11 kids on defense to keep to their assignments every snap. At some point someone messes up and Cole is great at making em pay. I think its gonna be a fun, intense game to watch. 

Yeah I can see a high scoring game but I was really pleased with what our defense did. Since we all know in years past we have NEVER been able to stop this offensive scheme 😤 but we got some good reps in against a solid team in a new system kinda like were going up against in yall. Just because its Tatum vs Dfield its going to be lit 🔥 💪

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, EastTxFinest said:

Yeah I can see a high scoring game but I was really pleased with what our defense did. Since we all know in years past we have NEVER been able to stop this offensive scheme 😤 but we got some good reps in against a solid team in a new system kinda like were going up against in yall. Just because its Tatum vs Dfield its going to be lit 🔥💪

Something will definitely be lit behind the visitors stands. 

13 minutes ago, EastTxFinest said:

Yeah I can see a high scoring game but I was really pleased with what our defense did. Since we all know in years past we have NEVER been able to stop this offensive scheme 😤 but we got some good reps in against a solid team in a new system kinda like were going up against in yall. Just because its Tatum vs Dfield its going to be lit 🔥💪

Still lots of unknowns in week 2. These tougher games only help down the road. 

• Like 1