Week 2 : Tatum @ #4 Daingerfield Thurs 7pm

EastTxFinest

Tatum vs. Dangerfield   

83 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins???

For Tatum, their best defense is to hope the offense in ran to perfection. It's hard as hell to fix a defense in a quick Thursday night game that gave up 44 points less than 1 week ago. Especially facing the type of offense the Tigers have. We will light up the scoreboard real quick on a weak defense. That's just my opinion. We'll see Thursday 👀 

Daingerfield better learn to block. That's the weak point. It starts up front. Who cares how many athletes we have if they don't have time to get the ball or have any space when they do. If we can figure out how to give the qb some time, I don't see anyone stopping us. Defense is gonna be our bread and butter this year. 

1 hour ago, KrookedWolfe said:

GWB I thought the same thing last year when we faced this offense in the playoffs(Waskom). It worked to an extent until they called motion, jet sweep, option. It worked out for them. We were missing our QB that also played LB and it showed big time. When we focused on slowing down the motion they ran quick dives that extended the chains. They couldn't pass the ball. It can be stopped no doubt. 

Jet Sweep and Option pitches is what netted the big chunks for us against Center. But last year....Waskom didn't have quite the line that we have. Gonna be a fun game....another one of those games that nobody knows exactly what to expect. 

23 minutes ago, CantEverRememberMyPassword said:

Daingerfield better learn to block. That's the weak point. It starts up front. Who cares how many athletes we have if they don't have time to get the ball or have any space when they do. If we can figure out how to give the qb some time, I don't see anyone stopping us. Defense is gonna be our bread and butter this year. 

You just played a pretty good defense IMO. We will see as the season goes but I think you’ll find that we have one of the better defenses that you guys face. Tatum was beat in the secondary several times against Center so I think there will be some points to be had. Block the monster (Fite) and you’ll have a chance. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, KrookedWolfe said:

For Tatum, their best defense is to hope the offense in ran to perfection. It's hard as hell to fix a defense in a quick Thursday night game that gave up 44 points less than 1 week ago. Especially facing the type of offense the Tigers have. We will light up the scoreboard real quick on a weak defense. That's just my opinion. We'll see Thursday 👀 

🥱 

8 minutes ago, GWBears01 said:

You just played a pretty good defense IMO. We will see as the season goes but I think you’ll find that we have one of the better defenses that you guys face. Tatum was beat in the secondary several times against Center so I think there will be some points to be had. Block the monster (Fite) and you’ll have a chance. 

Luckily for Tatum the QB they faced last week will probably be the best they see this season…. Minus the kid from New London. 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, CantEverRememberMyPassword said:

Just go back to not trying to block and just hold. Has worked well for y’all before. 

10 minutes ago, GWBears01 said:

We do send a lot of pressure....Fite caused some issues but so did the pressure. We got some stuff to work out in the secondary for sure. Their speed poses an issue...just as Center's did. I could care less how good DF's secondary is.....they're all simply safety nets for the front 7 this week anyways. Except for the occasion 1 to 3 passes we'll throw to see if they're asleep back there. DF's athleticism wont be near as important as their Discipline. Will the DE's be able to stay home? If they shoot up field or crash down to the FB....Watson gonna dice em up. If they stay home it's death by 3-4 yards with our FB rumbling behind Fite, Welch, Rollins. Offense ain't gonna be pretty fellas....but we got 4 downs to get 10 yards......don't expect us to punt. 

Just now, Eagle8 said:

We do send a lot of pressure....Fite caused some issues but so did the pressure. We got some stuff to work out in the secondary for sure. Their speed poses an issue...just as Center's did. I could care less how good DF's secondary is.....they're all simply safety nets for the front 7 this week anyways. Except for the occasion 1 to 3 passes we'll throw to see if they're asleep back there. DF's athleticism wont be near as important as their Discipline. Will the DE's be able to stay home? If they shoot up field or crash down to the FB....Watson gonna dice em up. If they stay home it's death by 3-4 yards with our FB rumbling behind Fite, Welch, Rollins. Offense ain't gonna be pretty fellas....but we got 4 downs to get 10 yards......don't expect us to punt. 

They gonna be lots of hands on hips. 

3 minutes ago, Eagle8 said:

It’s a lot to account for but that offense can be stopped otherwise everyone would run it. Not saying DF will be the ones to do it. Not saying y’all can’t pass but I think if they can force some passing situations it is to their advantage. They are fast to the ball so I think at times even if Watson makes the correct read they can still limit any big plays. To me it will come down to Yalls defense. 

1 minute ago, GWBears01 said:

It’s a lot to account for but that offense can be stopped otherwise everyone would run it. Not saying DF will be the ones to do it. Not saying y’all can’t pass but I think if they can force some passing situations it is to their advantage. They are fast to the ball so I think at times even if Watson makes the correct read they can still limit any big plays. To me it will come down to Yalls defense. 

All offenses can be stopped. You can have the most athletic team in the world but if they aren't disciplined, there's weaknesses.