• Lufkin by a lot
    • Lufkin by a little
    • Nac by a lot
    • Nac by a little

This poll is closed to new votes

On 8/27/2022 at 8:19 AM, Nacwagons said:

Well its Angelina River Rivalry time!! 

Lufkin coming off a win in Tyler vs Legacy 31-23

Nac coming off a mistake filled loss to Palestine 37-31, that saw the Dragons battle back from being down 24-7 and 31-14 to tie the game late only to give up a TD with 16 seconds left.

This will be the 103rd meeting between Nac/LP

Lufkin Leads the series 73-23-6

Last 10 meetings Lufkin is 8-2

Nac's last win was 2014

Nac's last win at Abe was in 1982 a 16-0 Nac. win

Here you go with this rival stuff again. As for the game though, Pack should always beat nacogroaches. I don’t care how bad we’ve been lately. We shouldn’t lose this game, especially with them losing to Palestine this season. If we start and play Hammond most of the game, it should be ugly at Abe imo.  

2 hours ago, Ace1122 said:

Nac goes 0-2 then here come the talks about they need a new offense, people are hurt, can they make the playoffs. Nac is Nac, one and done at best.

Nac may go 0-2 but the offense looked good moving the ball and scoring points. Turnovers/return tds cost us the first game. Team is healthy right now, and these first four games have absolutely nothing to do with district play. 

if we make the playoffs as the 4 seed we will be one and done because of the matchup with lovejoy. 

2 hours ago, Nacwagons said:

Normally this thread is 7 pages long by now.......never seen the LP/Nac thread so quiet.

Most Lufkin fans have checked out. Lufkin should beat Nac fairly easy tomorrow night unless our offense wets the bed again. Which is possible I suppose. Lufkin is on the uptick. These 10th graders we got are going to special.  They probably got at least 5-6 D1 kids in that class alone and another 5 to 6 that should no doubt play college football at some level. 

Pack completes the trifecta tonight with another shutout victory. 37-0

Why we started moody at QB tonight is beyond me. Offense can’t move the ball through the air with him. Scoreless 1st qtr with moody in. Once we brought Hammond to the game in the 2nd qtr, very first pass was a TD. He changed the vibe of the whole offense. I hate calling off the dogs midway through the 3rd. Yeah it was 37-0 but man that offense needs all the work they can get together. Either way. Slow start, but then we finally took over. Easily could’ve won this game 58-0. I love the intensity of the defense. Those guys fly around and give it all they got. They truly have a chance to be special. Offense is depressing to think about but hey it’s better than last year. We just need to give Hammond the keys to the car and move forward. 

7 minutes ago, LufkinPack said:

Pack completes the trifecta tonight with another shutout victory. 37-0

Why we started moody at QB tonight is beyond me. Offense can’t move the ball through the air with him. Scoreless 1st qtr with moody in. Once we brought Hammond to the game in the 2nd qtr, very first pass was a TD. He changed the vibe of the whole offense. I hate calling off the dogs midway through the 3rd. Yeah it was 37-0 but man that offense needs all the work they can get together. Either way. Slow start, but then we finally took over. Easily could’ve won this game 58-0. I love the intensity of the defense. Those guys fly around and give it all they got. They truly have a chance to be special. Offense is depressing to think about but hey it’s better than last year. We just need to give Hammond the keys to the car and move forward. 

I agree the game completely changed when Hammond got in. He should be y’all’s starter going forward. We couldn’t do a thing offensively tonight. 

• Like 1

T.J. Hammond threw for 144 yards and four touchdowns while playing less than two quarters while Brayden Murphy hauled in 4 passes for 85 yards and two scores.

TJ and Murphy highlights: https://www.ktre.com/2022/09/03/lufkins-brayden-murphy-makes-2-long-touchdown-catches/

Kedren Young just missed out on another 100-yard night as he had 88 yards on 12 carries.

https://lufkindailynews.com/sports/high_school/article_537f1f4a-b375-51ce-bc80-d9b27e3d481f.html

A week after Nacogdoches threw for 362 yards and put up 30 points, Lufkin held the Dragons to a total of 134 yards on 39 plays. That included Nacogdoches throwing for 9 yards while gaining less than 4 yards per carry.