Week 2: Joaquin Rams (1-0) @ Beckville Bearcats (0-1)

trueblue82

Rams or Bearcats?   

48 members have voted

1. 1. Beckville or Joaquin?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 09/03/2022 at 12:00 AM

Two of the Joaquin Rams 5 losses in 2021 came to the Beckville Bearcats, and both stung badly. The first saw the Rams give up a three score lead in the third quarter to lose their first game in the newly renovated Ram Stadium, and the second sent us out of the playoffs in the first round. This week, the Rams will head over to R.C. Beauchamp Stadium with payback on their minds, and looking for the chance to rain on the Bearcats’ HOCO festivities. The Bearcats are licking their wounds after a 53-22 shellacking at the hands of the soon-to-be #1 ranked Timpson Bears. The Rams are coming off a 48-14 week 1 blowout of the Arp Tigers. Who’s it gonna be? Will the Bearcats right the ship and get their first home win over Joaquin since 2015? Or will the Rams get to 2-0 with a little revenge and spoil the HOCO party? 

56 minutes ago, trueblue82 said:

Two of the Joaquin Rams 5 losses in 2021 came to the Beckville Bearcats, and both stung badly. The first saw the Rams give up a three score lead in the third quarter to lose their first game in the newly renovated Ram Stadium, and the second sent us out of the playoffs in the first round. This week, the Rams will head over to R.C. Beauchamp Stadium with payback on their minds, and looking for the chance to rain on the Bearcats’ HOCO festivities. The Bearcats are licking their wounds after a 53-22 shellacking at the hands of the soon-to-be #1 ranked Timpson Bears. The Rams are coming off a 48-14 week 1 blowout of the Arp Tigers. Who’s it gonna be? Will the Bearcats right the ship and get their first home win over Joaquin since 2015? Or will the Rams get to 2-0 with a little revenge and spoil the HOCO party? 

Nice write up BTW, always insightful 

4 minutes ago, Bear9T1 said:

Even though several Joaquin folks picked us to lose against Beckville, I’ll rep our district and go with the rams, why? Because, it’s America and I can lol go Get’em. 

WHO PICKED AGAINST YALL?! 

There are a few things that are just supposed to not change, And one of those things is Joaquin beating Beckville. It's just the way life works. Unless Beckville gets some reinforcements from their big brother 9 miles southeast I see life going back to normal.

Just now, Bear9T1 said:

Just a couple of knuckle heads lol but hey like I said it’s America.  I hope you guys do well! 

I'm gonna cheer for y'all every week but one... And I fully intend on making y'all hate me that week.

• LOL! 1

3 hours ago, Lambo said:

There are a few things that are just supposed to not change, And one of those things is Joaquin beating Beckville. It's just the way life works. Unless Beckville gets some reinforcements from their big brother 9 miles southeast I see life going back to normal.

Sorry Hoss. Bearcats may have got rolling too late to finish the Bears but theys a rare team. We ain't into no losing streak.

BHS Bearcat -27

JHS Rams- not enough

#TrueStorie.tm 

7 hours ago, trueblue82 said:

You always have a good lead up

24 minutes ago, JMS1971 said:

You always have a good lead up

Thank you sir. I gave up my part-time sportswriter gig after the 2018 season. I still enjoy going to the games and visiting with players and coaches, but I don’t miss having to get a write up done and pictures edited and sent in by the Sunday night deadline for sure. 

36 minutes ago, corrigancamden09 said:

Heard it through the grapevine that the bearcats was gonna win by fiddy or more…. Can some of the ram fans tell me if it’s any truth to this prediction?! Lol 

The Aledo Bearcats win a lot of their games by fifty or more.