Week 2: Joaquin Rams (1-0) @ Beckville Bearcats (0-1)

trueblue82

Rams or Bearcats?   

48 members have voted

1. 1. Beckville or Joaquin?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 09/03/2022 at 12:00 AM

Exciting ballgame to watch. Definitely one of those that one team was going to walk away from with a bunch of “what if I had made this play?”, and that was us. Good experience for our kids to learn that you can’t ever let up, especially when there’s a kid like Jacoby Williams on the field. Bo Hammonds is what a football player is supposed to look like and play like. Congrats to the Bearcats. We’re moving on to a renewed rivalry with our neighbors down highway 84. They took two years off from playing us. Looking forward to this week. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, DB2point0 said:

Worst officiating in any high school game I’ve ever seen.  Ever.  The white hat had absolutely no idea what was going on.  

And this is why the whole state of Texas and all over the country needs referees because people like you do not have the courage and the balls to get out of the field and wear a striped shirt

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

15 minutes ago, ttowngrad said:

And this is why the whole state of Texas and all over the country needs referees because people like you do not have the courage and the balls to get out of the field and wear a striped shirt

If you’d watched last night you would agree.  They stopped play 7-8 times last night to discuss what to do.  The game would be stopped for a while too.  Over very obvious things.  I have kids in school, so no stripes for me as of right now.  However, I already know football well enough to do it if I chose.  This crew was atrocious

1 minute ago, Jtownblue said:

This was a good game for both teams to see where they're at, and to grow and learn from early in the season. And for realizing how big the gap is between Timpson and everyone else is.  Sheesh....

Agreed.  Both teams played their guts out.  

3 hours ago, villagegenius said:

Wow at one point I thought I heard a score of Joaquin 35 Beckville 21 in the second half. If true, Joaquin sure has a way of snatching defeat from the hands of victory lately with Beckville. 

Refs had an effect on the game.  Calls that weren’t, then calls that were obvious got waved off.  And they always happened at odd times.  They affected the rythym of the game for both times.  Joaquin was going up by 3 scores and they hit a yellow flag happy fest.  I also say it was bad both ways.  Somebody tackled #2 from beckville by the face mask and no call.

8 hours ago, DB2point0 said:

Worst officiating in any high school game I’ve ever seen.  Ever.  The white hat had absolutely no idea what was going on.  

Yep. He had it in for the Bearcats for sure. Gave me the sideye twice too. Sure would've liked to gave him a size 6 1|2 boot where the sun don't  shine. #TrueStorie.tm 

• LOL! 1

Just now, RETIREDFAN1 said:

Never had Beaumont chapter I'm guessing......lol

We had them at Deweyville a few years ago. They even have the chapter send a chain crew. I was on the sideline and got a chance to talk to them. White hat came over to talk to the chain crew, pointed to our sideline and said “This team here is very well coached.” He questioned why Deweyville scheduled us lol. 

• LOL! 1

8 minutes ago, trueblue82 said:

We had them at Deweyville a few years ago. They even have the chapter send a chain crew. I was on the sideline and got a chance to talk to them. White hat came over to talk to the chain crew, pointed to our sideline and said “This team here is very well coached.” He questioned why Deweyville scheduled us lol. 

You didn't get Little Jeffy's crew......lol