Celina vs Bishop Lynch

TCU44

Celina vs. Bishop Lynch   

16 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins???

• Celina
    • Bishop Lynch

This poll is closed to new votes

Bishop Lynch does have some beef on the offensive line to match up with Celina, but I don't think they have the skill players or defense to stop Celina's skill players and offense this season.  Maybe it will be a good test for Celina's D-line.  Not sure the Friars have a seasoned QB either......Bentley for Celina will only get more confident as each game goes by this season.  Something about senior seasons for talented college-bound prospects.....they finally put all their skills together for a great year.

• Like 1

Bishop Lynch got throttled by LD Bell last week, 65-21. I don't know much about the Blue Raiders, but that doesn't bode well for the Friar's chances this week. It is good Bishop Lynch has size in the trenches, because they'll need it. Celina is huge up front, and poor Paris stood no chance on the offensive or defensive line. Bobcats big heavies just leaned on Paris all game long and it didn't take long for the Wildcats to get worn out.

Celina's RBs looked really, really good. Troy Peterson looked completely healthy, which he never was a year ago, and he has gained some speed, a little size and a ton of strength. Paris DBs wanted no part of him. He probably averaged close to 10 yards per carry. The passing game was pretty vanilla for the Bobcats, but that seemed intentional. May need to open it up a bit more this week.

My biggest concern for Celina after game one was the penalties. Bobcats had over 200-yards-worth of penalties. That's insane. Those penalties are a big reason Paris was able to score at all, in all honesty. Some of that was a product of some very green officiating. Some of it was lack of discipline on Celina's part. Either way, they'll need to get that cleaned up pretty quick.

I think we'll see a slightly better game this week, but I still think the Bobcats win by 2-3 possessions again.

24 minutes ago, micotrav said:

I don't think Celina will lose a game this year.  In my opinion, not good for many, but I think you're looking at my early season pick for a State Champion.  They are unbelievablly good at every position and very deep. 

That's very kind, micro. A bit bold for my blood, but kind, nonetheless. The pieces are certainly there. We've got a whole heck of a lot to work on, I know that. Those pieces have a lot of growing and maturing to do. We're going to need to steadily progress every week and stay hungry. We are not without some weak spots that need to be shored up, and there's a whole lot of season and a plethora of teams who will have something to say about it. But I think Bobcats fans are excited.

• Like 2

On 8/29/2022 at 2:52 PM, d0tc0m said:

Bishop Lynch got throttled by LD Bell last week, 65-21. I don't know much about the Blue Raiders, but that doesn't bode well for the Friar's chances this week. It is good Bishop Lynch has size in the trenches, because they'll need it. Celina is huge up front, and poor Paris stood no chance on the offensive or defensive line. Bobcats big heavies just leaned on Paris all game long and it didn't take long for the Wildcats to get worn out.

Celina's RBs looked really, really good. Troy Peterson looked completely healthy, which he never was a year ago, and he has gained some speed, a little size and a ton of strength. Paris DBs wanted no part of him. He probably averaged close to 10 yards per carry. The passing game was pretty vanilla for the Bobcats, but that seemed intentional. May need to open it up a bit more this week.

My biggest concern for Celina after game one was the penalties. Bobcats had over 200-yards-worth of penalties. That's insane. Those penalties are a big reason Paris was able to score at all, in all honesty. Some of that was a product of some very green officiating. Some of it was lack of discipline on Celina's part. Either way, they'll need to get that cleaned up pretty quick.

I think we'll see a slightly better game this week, but I still think the Bobcats win by 2-3 possessions again.

I wouldn't worry about that too much as

A)seems to always happen up there in Paris. The last 2 times Melissa went up there they had 20+ penalties many of which were very questionable. Last year think had 3 TDs called back just in the 1st quarter! 

B)first game of year

Celina by 25+ over BL

Celina 65
Bishop Lynch 3
FINAL

Running clock and 3rd stringers in the second half. Bobcats coulda scored triple digits easy. Tough couple games for the Friars. They have a freshman QB who was pretty accurate when he had time, a decent WR. Bobcats defense is nasty though.