How bad will Gilmer SMOKE Kilgore?

Sportsfanatic1

1 minute ago, PantherNation2015 said:

It will be closer than that.  Maybe 42-24 type game.  Gilmer should win comfortably, but I bet the K Dogs will be mad as heck after getting embarrassed by Carthage.

Zero impression from "the K" 🙄. They rode Ridder's coattail last year like JT rode Earl Campbell. I'm saying anywhere from 30-40.

Kilgore will correct mistakes they made. 
They are a good football team. 
I believe they will play good enough to be in the ball game with Gilmer deep into the fourth quarter. 
Gilmer will be at home and they very seldom loose at home and have to be the favorite. 
I don’t believe they will blow Kilgore out. 
Carthage is loaded on offense and now we know the defense is also outstanding. 
Kilgore can get pressure on the QB and play the run very well. 
I heard several Gilmer posters on here say their O line did not do very well on pass blocking. If that is the case, Kilgore can keep it close. 
Gilmer by 7. 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, cowboyandchrist said:

Kilgore will correct mistakes they made. 
They are a good football team. 
I believe they will play good enough to be in the ball game with Gilmer deep into the fourth quarter. 
Gilmer will be at home and they very seldom loose at home and have to be the favorite. 
I don’t believe they will blow Kilgore out. 
Carthage is loaded on offense and now we know the defense is also outstanding. 
Kilgore can get pressure on the QB and play the run very well. 
I heard several Gilmer posters on here say their O line did not do very well on pass blocking. If that is the case, Kilgore can keep it close. 
Gilmer by 7. 

As usual, You have no idea what you're talking about.

• LOL! 1

The most improvements a team sees in between weeks 1-2. The Gilmer offense was so limited in their number of offensive plays in the 1st half against CH, they never had a chance to even get acclimated and warmed up. But in the second half, they found their stride. 

CH brought pressure EVERY third down with great success.  The BUX OL will be expecting the same this week. But all said, the staff had to be pleased with the poise and confidence of the Soph taking the reigns in his first start. He took care of the ball and did not make mistakes. Cool as the other side of the pillow.

The Buckeye defense simply played lights out against an incredibly talented and explosive CH team. Nothing Kilgore has is gonna scare or intimidate Gilmer. Offensively, there is still a lot of brand new stuff that hasn’t come out of the box yet.

I haven’t watched much of Kilgore/Carthage yet. But I have no idea why they never adjusted to the quick hitch route. From the first look, that game could have been a lot closer than it actually was.

But the BUX are home and picking up where they left off in 2021. I look for a lot of improvement from Gilmer.

Gilmer 42-28

I love how everyone always overreacts to week 1 results each year. Win or lose. Kilgore will be fine. We are the reigning district champs. And our district didn’t fare too well in Week 1 so it’s still our district to lose. 

If Gilmer beats us. Cool. We’ll have the 2 hardest games on our schedule out of the way. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, SHillBuckeye said:

I think this will actually be good game. Kilgore always brings it, but the Buckeyes will be too much. Gilmer should pull away and win by a couple of scores 

Agree.  Kilgore will give Gilmer a much better game.  If Gilmer turns the ball over a couple times but doesn’t create any of their own, it could be a tight game into the 4th.  

However, Gilmer is going to pickup where Carthage left off on the slot receiver into the flat.  They love that play.  I hope Kilgore throws out the defensive game plan from last week and goes a different route.

• Like 1

How bad will Gilmer SMOKE Kilgore, you ask. I didn’t see Gilmer’s first game, but I saw Kilgore’s. They have the athletes to avoid being smoked by Gilmer or anyone else remaining on their schedule. However, if they don’t make some adjustments in defending the short, quick pass toward the sideline, they’ll get beat again this week. Carthage got at least 7 yards every time they ran that play; Kilgore never made an adjustment, from what I could see.

• Like 1