How bad will Gilmer SMOKE Kilgore?

Sportsfanatic1

2 hours ago, mikehoncho said:

Gilmer naysayers will point to the insane amount of turnovers in the CH game to say it really should have been a closer game with maybe even CH winning (Sideline to Sideline said it, not my words lol).  

A few points of interest, they did give a disclaimer that the 4A show was the second show of the night.  🧐. They also said Gilmer’s OL may be the best in the state in 4A.  Not sure I’m ready to go there yet, but big shout out to Coach Griffis anyway.  Great coach and even better man.

Lol, believe me, the folks in Gilmer, who know the history of Kilgore and Gilmer, know exactly whats coming, Gilmer is no way proven itself yet, getting 7 gifts from a team that still put over 200 yards on you rushing the ball, is a false positive, Gilmers run defense is still way to suspect to giving up a bunch of yards on the ground, and Kilgore coaches are gonna see that, and thats exactly the receipe for beating the Buckeyes, is to keep the chains moving with clock eating drives, and limit Gilmers possessions, and I certainly see Kilgore getting a few stops, and im sure they've got coached up on the quick out pass, that Carthage very effectively  used against them, its way to early to be using words like "Smoke", this one in reality for me could go either way, Gilmer will have to get Kilgore off the field, to have a shot at winning this game, if Kilgores keeps it 3rd short, its probably going to be along night for Gilmer! I hope im wrong, but you cant judge the CH win, 7 turnovers will give nearly anyone a serious advantage! I see a 3-7pt ball game and it could either way!

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, GTownballer said:

Lol, believe me, the folks in Gilmer, who know the history of Kilgore and Gilmer, know exactly whats coming, Gilmer is no way proven itself yet, getting 7 gifts from a team that still put over 200 yards on you rushing the ball, is a false positive, Gilmers run defense is still way to suspect to giving up a bunch of yards on the ground, and Kilgore coaches are gonna see that, and thats exactly the receipe for beating the Buckeyes, is to keep the chains moving with clock eating drives, and limit Gilmers possessions, and I certainly see Kilgore getting a few stops, and im sure they've got coached up on the quick out pass, that Carthage very effectively  used against them, its way to early to be using words like "Smoke", this one in reality for me could go either way, Gilmer will have to get Kilgore off the field, to have a shot at winning this game, if Kilgores keeps it 3rd short, its probably going to be along night for Gilmer! I hope im wrong, but you cant judge the CH win, 7 turnovers will give nearly anyone a serious advantage! I see a 3-7pt ball game and it could either way!

That reads like a very astute and humble observation.  And you win either way, because you didn't predict/expect a blowout or even a win necessarily.  Regardless of what happens tomorrow, both teams get better from this game.  Iron sharpens iron.  

• Like 1

4 hours ago, GTownballer said:

Very well said both teams know what they are fixing to line up against. I just want to see a mistake free ball game from both teams that way everyone and me included don't have to think on the what "if's". I just want Kilgore to go into Buckeye land and play Gilmer like we know they can. And relive those epic thrilling games these two have put on for the fans in the past. I know both teams aren't hitting on all cylinders in week 2 but the potential of a good game is definitely there 

• Like 1

Can someone please tell the guys who are live broadcasting on YouTube, that Kilgore head coach is Clint Fuller? They are wearing woods name out..smh think they do a little more research and get the name right.

• Wow 1

Just now, HJR7 said:

Can someone please tell the guys who are live broadcasting on YouTube, that Kilgore head coach is Clint Fuller? They are wearing woods name out..smh think they do a little more research and get the name right.

Would that be the Gilmer announcers or Kilgore? Either way, that’s rough. Lol

1 minute ago, WhoamI97539 said:

Stupid coaching decision on that absolutely had no business kicking the ball to their best player. That one is definitely on the coaches for that TD 

He’s only been their most dangerous man on the field for what… 2? 3 years? Lol. Bit of a headscratcher

1 minute ago, SHillBuckeye said:

Gilmer did not seemed interested in this game in the 1st. Just couldn’t get anything going offensively. Kilgore defense is playing well, especially against the run. Gilmer starting RB (Haynes) not playing tonight. Dumb penalties by both teams. Looking for a great second half!

What happened to Haynes?