***Week 2: Alto Yellowjackets (0-1) @ West Sabine Tigers (0-1) - Friday | 7:00 p.m.***

StingEmALTO

Alto @ West Sabine  

34 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Alto
    • West Sabine

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 09/03/2022 at 12:30 AM

The Alto Yellowjackets will travel to Pineland to take on the West Sabine Tigers Friday night at 7:00 p.m. The Jackets fell by 4 to Shelbyville while Tenaha won the battle of the Tigers 50-38. West Sabine returns 8 lettermen with 11 lost. Returning starters: O/D 6/3.

Not much history between the two schools; best I can tell the series looks like this:

Series Record 3-1-0

Season Winner Score    
2013 West Sabine 28-10 DIS
2012 Alto 40-26 DIS
1993 Alto 48-8 DIS
1992 Alto 26-0 DIS

The Jackets matched Shelbyville touchdown for touchdown, but the Dragons had 2 more conversions. (That series now stands at 17-3 Alto.) Many positives from Friday night…especially the second half when the Mean Sting defense made adjustments and held Shelbyville to a single score. Down by 19 and 20 points at separate times, the Jackets fought and scrapped their way back into the game and were driving when time expired, falling 48-44. The Jackets racked up 447 yards in total offense.

Hope to take these positives into Friday’s game with the Tigers!

Who ya got?

• Like 1

• StingEmALTO changed the title to ***Week 2: Alto Yellowjackets (0-1) @ West Sabine Tigers (0-1) - Friday | 7:00 p.m.***
4 minutes ago, TomBrady said:

I believe the Jackets come out victorious in this one. I know it’s early but it will be a good gauge of Alto vs Tenaha.

I was surprised at the halftime score between Tenaha and WS; it was something like 34-30. Tenaha really revved things up the second half. Heard their QB put on a show!

1 hour ago, StingEmALTO said:

I saw y’all were up by 14 before the offense  ever took the field last Friday. Think Arp will kick to that same kid? Lol

I hope so, we scored on the first play from scrimmage too ... only ran one offensive play and we were up 21 -7 ... they didn't kick to him again ... lol ...

• Like 1

2 hours ago, KirtFalcon said:

I hope so, we scored on the first play from scrimmage too ... only ran one offensive play and we were up 21 -7 ... they didn't kick to him again ... lol ...

That’s pretty dang good production and really sets the tone!

And good for the returner. Hope he gets a few more of those….but not Week 4. 😂 

1 hour ago, StingEmALTO said:

Thanks! Where did he come from? Seems like he was an assistant at a school near WS but it’s been awhile and I don’t remember.

He graduated from WS, worked as an assistant at WS for several, then as an OC at Hemphill for a few years.

• Thanks 1