First week biggest surprise

Destry

8 hours ago, upullinmychain said:

If people ain't used too seeing that model t offense cooking,it can get hard to find the ball and eat up alot of clock at the same time..it can totally blow up a teams moral..it is what it is..

Totally agree.

9 hours ago, upullinmychain said:

If people ain't used too seeing that model t offense cooking,it can get hard to find the ball and eat up alot of clock at the same time..it can totally blow up a teams moral..it is what it is..

It's not flashy but it works. I have trouble finding the ball watching from the stands. I can't imagine trying to do it at field level. People make fun but it works. 

4 minutes ago, Gobstopper77 said:

It's not flashy but it works. I have trouble finding the ball watching from the stands. I can't imagine trying to do it at field level. People make fun but it works. 

Only way to stop it is disciplined defense,not biting on the dive when the blockers are moving..it's hard tho 

Just now, GWBears01 said:

I’m gonna bet a woman that knows nothing about football is responsible 😂 

I would hope that is the case. There are 5 teams in 3AD2 that I would NEVER schedule for homecoming or senior night. Gunter, Newton, DF, GT, or Canadian. 

I was honestly surprised at the Canadian, Seminole OK game. Seminole ended the year in the top 15 in all of Oklahoma. They have the all time winningest coach in Oklahoma. Watched them send appx 70 kids off the bus, and they were huge. I was honestly thinking what I’m the hell did we get ourselves into. In the end, we won 49-14 with running clock in the 4th. They had an 80 yard TD on their second drive, then had negative yardage until we put our twos in. Had to have been a rough 4 hour drive home.

guess you can’t judge a book by its cover.

16 hours ago, Eagle8 said:

Pitt fumbling 10 times, losing 8 of them and still only losing by 6 to MP. 

Don't forget that MP's center went out in the first half (shot gun snaps and timing are kinda important). MP's QB went out early 3rd Q. MP had a TD called back in the 3rd Q. MP was crossing the goal line and fumbled (4th Q) (Prob a TD, but was ruled a fumble). MP snapped a ball over the QBs head (4th Q) for a fumble lost. 

All this and Week 1 of a new system on both sides of the ball. I'm just glad we held it together through all of that!

Pitt will be fine, they may make the playoffs this year and make a deep run the next couple years.

20 hours ago, RETIREDFAN1 said:

Shiner and Refugio both losing.......

Everyone has grown accustomed to Shiner and Refugio winning even against quality larger schools, but I don't think these losses are that big of a deal.  Both Halletsville and Hitchcock are twice the size of Shiner and Refugio and they have very good teams.  Not a huge thing to lose to these teams as they will both go at 3-4 rounds in the 3A playoffs.  But, from what little I saw of some Refugio highlights, they looked rough.  I don't see them being a contender this year.

• Like 1

On 8/30/2022 at 5:04 PM, Everide2016 said:

Everyone has grown accustomed to Shiner and Refugio winning even against quality larger schools, but I don't think these losses are that big of a deal.  Both Halletsville and Hitchcock are twice the size of Shiner and Refugio and they have very good teams.  Not a huge thing to lose to these teams as they will both go at 3-4 rounds in the 3A playoffs.  But, from what little I saw of some Refugio highlights, they looked rough.  I don't see them being a contender this year.

You just are not accustomed to opening an app an see both lose opening night,kinda caught me off gaurd.