Pittsburg vs Carthage

DogNation

Pittsburg @ Carthage   

33 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins???

This poll is closed to new votes

Pittsburgh will be good for the Dawg  defense. You don’t see that offense much unless your playing PG. 

I think the Dawgs will improve and correct the things they did not do well. 
Pittsburgh will play hard nose football, they have always played physical and have good athletes. They have a good coach and will have his team prepared. 
I think we will see Cuff throwing the deep ball and that will help the running game. The Dawgs running backs were impressive last week. They ran hard against a good Kilgore defense front 7. 
The backs got hit hard and kept driving their feet. The backs have good speed and size and will a big test for Pittsburgh s D line and linebackers. 
Pittsburghs DB are going to have to cover four very good and fast receivers. 
The Dawg O line was big time improved since last year. They are big and strong, Kilgore D line did get to Cuff a few times and forced him to move out of the pocket sometimes but Kilgore has very good D linemen. 
The Dawg D was big time impressive with 9 new starters. Holding Kilgore to 10 points and only allowed 2 maybe 3 first downs in the first half. 
Can’t wait to see this group improve every week. They are super fast to the ball and the D line is big and strong. 
The linebackers and DB’S can cover the receivers and hit hard making a tackle. 
Dawgs will this ball game and improve. 
Let’s Go Dawgs🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆 and hopefully 🏆

God Bless Coaches, Players, and Fans. 

• Like 4

A few things jumped out to me about the Bulldogs Friday night.

1. The defense appears to be further along than expected considering that there are 9 new starters on that unit this year.  
  2. One (or 3) of the big reasons for 1 above is the 3 big sophomore starters - 2 defensive linemen, each of whom weighs about 260, and a 210-pound linebacker. Given that 2 of those 3 have last names that are quite familiar to long-time Bulldog fans (Allison and Ingram), I suspect those young men have been anxiously awaiting this time for years as they followed older brothers and/or cousins who played big parts for outstanding CHS teams of the past.
  3. The 2 new starters on the O-line are also sophomores - one of them being yet another Allison (the twin brother of 1 of the 2 new D-linemen, I suspect.)
  4. WR/KR Noah Paddie certainly hasn't lost a step; in fact, he may be even faster this year.  He knows what to do with the football once it's in his hands. 
  5. QB Connor Cuff appears ready for a big senior season, which is about the only kind of senior season any of Coach Surratt's starting QBs ever seem to have.  His outstanding performance Friday shouldn't have been a surprise given that Coach Surratt said in all of the preseason interviews that Connor is way ahead of where he was this time last year.  (Coach Surratt tends to know what he's talking about.)  
  • Like 4

17 minutes ago, BevBrownJr said:

1. The defense appears to be further along than expected considering that there are 9 new starters on that unit this year.  
  2. One (or 3) of the big reasons for 1 above is the 3 big sophomore starters - 2 defensive linemen, each of whom weighs about 260, and a 210-pound linebacker. Given that 2 of those 3 have last names that are quite familiar to long-time Bulldog fans (Allison and Ingram), I suspect those young men have been anxiously awaiting this time for years as they followed older brothers and/or cousins who played big parts for outstanding CHS teams of the past.
  3. The 2 new starters on the O-line are also sophomores - one of them being yet another Allison (the twin brother of 1 of the 2 new D-linemen, I suspect.)
  4. WR/KR Noah Paddie certainly hasn't lost a step; in fact, he may be even faster this year.  He knows what to do with the football once it's in his hands. 
  5. QB Connor Cuff appears ready for a big senior season, which is about the only kind of senior season any of Coach Surratt's starting QBs ever seem to have.  His outstanding performance Friday shouldn't have been a surprise given that Coach Surratt said in all of the preseason interviews that Connor is way ahead of where he was this time last year.  (Coach Surratt tends to know what he's talking about.)  

To add to your #4, Paddie (at least for game 1) is catching the football much better.  Last year there were many times his speed went to waste because he couldn't secure the catch.  Hopefully he continues this trend.  

I also like the way the new RB runs the ball.  He just seems to be instinctually more of a natural running the ball than we had last year.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BevBrownJr said:

Great information Mr. Brown. 
That makes the win over Kilgore even more impressive. I thought the D line played a great game. And did the O line. Kilgore is a very good team , they had two very costly penalties. That led to touchdowns for our Dawgs. 

1 minute ago, frozeng03 said:

13 att 88 yds… that’s that dude..😇

They got the big WR Manning that was a stud for EF last year. Not sure if he's eligible for varsity or not. The 4 star DB from DF almost ended up over there but stayed in DF.