Jump to content

Pittsburg vs Carthage


DogNation
 Share

Pittsburg @ Carthage   

33 members have voted

  1. 1. Who wins???


This poll is closed to new votes


Recommended Posts

38 minutes ago, BuckNut said:

I don’t understand why all Carthage QB’s always look so good, but never go play college football.  What is the guy from 2 years ago doing now?

I believe he is still at Tulane. He was last year and got some playing time as a true freshman.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

51 minutes ago, BuckNut said:

I don’t understand why all Carthage QB’s always look so good, but never go play college football.  What is the guy from 2 years ago doing now?

Si’Darius Blackshire, Blake Bogenschutz and Gunner Capps were all on college rosters. Kai Horton is on the Tulane roster. 
 

I think Anthony Morgan might have been on a roster at one time if I believe. 
 

But of all the QBs in all the country how many go on to have successful college and or NFL careers? I’m hesitant to say the system makes them, because it takes a lot of intelligence, football IQ and talent to run the offense Surratt runs and to basically be a coach on the field. He asks the world of his QBs. But yea for whatever reason they haven’t gone on to much success in college 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 hours ago, mikehoncho said:

Si’Darius Blackshire, Blake Bogenschutz and Gunner Capps were all on college rosters. Kai Horton is on the Tulane roster. 
 

I think Anthony Morgan might have been on a roster at one time if I believe. 
 

But of all the QBs in all the country how many go on to have successful college and or NFL careers? I’m hesitant to say the system makes them, because it takes a lot of intelligence, football IQ and talent to run the offense Surratt runs and to basically be a coach on the field. He asks the world of his QBs. But yea for whatever reason they haven’t gone on to much success in college 

Blake Bogenschutz was a starter as a redshirt freshman at UTSA until his career was ended by concussions. He was also voted by his teammates as a team captain…in his second year on the team.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, BevBrownJr said:

Blake Bogenschutz was a starter as a redshirt freshman at UTSA until his career was ended by concussions. He was also voted by his teammates as a team captain…in his second year on the team.

I forgot to add that Bogie was also the only three-year starter at QB during the Surratt era.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

31 minutes ago, mikehoncho said:

That. I feel like had he been bigger he’d have had a plethora of options to play at.

He was undersized, but his game was bigger than any of them, even Bogie.

That guy made all the throws, knew when to add extra zip or a softer toss to make for an easier catch.

Morgan also ran the ball very well, and was fearless.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I was telling a friend at ZippyJ's Pittsburg would be the only real test for the Dawgs this season. Told him the Steelers defense wouldn't just roll over. He says it's not the steelers but them boys from Pittsburgh high school. I says oh heck nah. Dawgs gonna pull this one off bigtime. So Dawgs.

  • LOL! 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Doomer said:

I was telling a friend at ZippyJ's Pittsburg would be the only real test for the Dawgs this season. Told him the Steelers defense wouldn't just roll over. He says it's not the steelers but them boys from Pittsburgh high school. I says oh heck nah. Dawgs gonna pull this one off bigtime. So Dawgs.

Hahahaha

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, HearEmaGrowlin said:

He was undersized, but his game was bigger than any of them, even Bogie.

That guy made all the throws, knew when to add extra zip or a softer toss to make for an easier catch.

Morgan also ran the ball very well, and was fearless.

He was the starting safety on the 2008 championship team. Boy could hit. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 hours ago, house said:

Remember watching Morgan in that first game at Henderson and scratching my head because he was so small.  Could never have imagined how good he would be.

You may be referring to his sophomore year in 2008, when he was a starting safety on CHS’s first state championship football team. Morgan played QB in the Henderson game that year when that year’s senior starter, Si Blackshire, was  out with an injury. CHS beat the Lions, their former arch-rivals, 33-3 that night.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, BevBrownJr said:

You may be referring to his sophomore year in 2008, when he was a starting safety on CHS’s first state championship football team. Morgan played QB in the Henderson game that year when that year’s senior starter, Si Blackshire, was  out with an injury. CHS beat the Lions, their former arch-rivals, 33-3 that night.

was thinking that game was his first as qb.  qb was what i was talking about.  don't remember the year.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...