SFA Looking At System Affiliation, NO Name Change

Stoney

14 hours ago, RETIREDFAN1 said:

https://www.texastribune.org/2022/10/21/stephen-f-austin-state-university-system-interviews/?utm_campaign=trib-social&utm_content=1666367402&utm_medium=social&utm_source=facebook 

From the article: "They all also reassured SFA that it would be able to retain its university name, colors and identity as Lumberjacks"

Reading the article, I wonder what the board and committee are thinking. 

Personally, as a grad....I want NO part of the Texas State System---I mean, look, it's a pretty small system, Texas State, Sam Houston, Lamar, & Sul Ross. And everyone got to keep their name.

I think that the Texas Tech system is decent for rural schools, but why couldn't they entice Sul Ross--only 5-6 hours away to be in their system. I mean what they have is in their area, San Angelo/Midwestern.....but that is a LONG way from Nacogdoches..

I have a feeling that A&M System would be the best overall, as one of the best programs in Nacogdoches is their forestry school. And A&M being an agricultural school years ago would probably help that out a lot. And from what I have seen from their affiliate schools--they are really good at helping their students. I have 2 at A&M-Commerce now and the University works with them great--making sure they are in their correct classes and the campus is growing. I don't know if it that way at each one of the affiliates, but I know that my youngest wants to get her masters in sports medicine at A&M Corpus Christie--so she might have a chance to work with the Astros minor league team.....Dad likes that for his baseball card collection..LOL Plus they allowed Tarleton State to keep their name.

And we know that the T-Sippers have a lot of money. But every other school has had to have the "University of Texas @" in their name......I don't like the University of Texas @ Nacogdoches.....

We will have to see what they do, but a name change means no more money from this alumni....just saying. 

3 minutes ago, RETIREDFAN1 said:

Article says ALL reassured SFA they could keep the name, etc....I'm sure that will be a contractual thing.....I'm with you on joining the A&M system.......

I know it'll be hard to be part of the Aggie system, but most SFA grads went to A&M for their first year, flunked out, and came to SFA....at least in the 80s that is what happened a lot..So it's really not going to change SFA much....:rofl:

• LOL! 1

7 minutes ago, DannyZuco said:

I know it'll be hard to be part of the Aggie system, but most SFA grads went to A&M for their first year, flunked out, and came to SFA....at least in the 80s that is what happened a lot..So it's really not going to change SFA much....:rofl:

Speaking from personal experience???? 😂🤣😂🤣

Just now, RETIREDFAN1 said:

Speaking from personal experience???? 😂🤣😂🤣

Nope, I was too poor to attend college right out of high school. So worked, took classes at the home of the Roadrunners @ Angelina community college--then I was able to attend SFA after a few years--SFA did not offer many night classes back in the 80s.....so it took a little longer than I wanted to get my degree, but I did, 100% paid for by me, and I REPAID my student loan of $2500 without asking Joe Biden for help.....:rofl:

• Like 1

1 minute ago, DannyZuco said:

Nope, I was too poor to attend college right out of high school. So worked, took classes at the home of the Roadrunners @ Angelina community college--then I was able to attend SFA after a few years--SFA did not offer many night classes back in the 80s.....so it took a little longer than I wanted to get my degree, but I did, 100% paid for by me, and I REPAID my student loan of $2500 without asking Joe Biden for help.....:rofl:

I went to AC for 2 then finished out at SFA......Class of '91.......

• Like 1

Just now, RETIREDFAN1 said:

Small world.....lol.....did you make it over to the Math department very often???? 🤣😂

They wanted me to major in math when I got there and I would have loved it, but it came down to time and money--they would not allow me to take 2 of the same types of math classes....you know the ole "you have to take this one to be prepared for that".....which is BS. I could have taken 3 or 4 at the same time and passed them all. I have a mind for math..So I took the easier route for coaching and minored in History/Computer Science....

In History I could take all the upper level classes at the same time.....Like one summer session I took, Nazi Germany History, Cuban History, and Viking History back to back to back--talking about getting names confused.....:rofl:

• Like 1

2 hours ago, JohnnyFootball said:

But y'all aren't completely senile with fried brains like Kirt lol

Oh come on now, Johnny ... just because you can’t take a little ribbing about your floundering aggys and your dinosaur coach Jumbo and his bloated guaranteed contract don't let it get under your skin .... your middle of the pack aggys will always be able to hang around as a .500 team .... don't forget, Texas will be over in the SEC soon ..... and they will still be yo DADDY .... 😂

7 minutes ago, KirtFalcon said:

Oh come on now, Johnny ... just because you can’t take a little ribbing about your floundering aggys and your dinosaur coach Jumbo and his bloated guaranteed contract don't let it get under your skin .... your middle of the pack aggys will always be able to hang around as a .500 team .... don't forget, Texas will be over in the SEC soon ..... and they will still be yo DADDY .... 😂

Can anyone translate this? Does anyone speak Senile Idiot language? Lion70 still around? Lol

Edited by JohnnyFootball
  • LOL! 2