What team(s) will you absolutely NEVER cheer for no matter what?

Mavchamp

5.  Odessa Permian:  book/movie says it all/ 1989

4.  Crosby:  talk like they are Allen:Katy/SLC  But their really just a fancy Whitehouse   

3.  DeSoto:  some folks deserve one another  

2. Dallas Carter:  Cheater cheater pumpkin eater

1. Whitehouse:  Because.

Dishonorable mention:  Huntsville,  Whitehouse middle school 

• Like 1

Tyler Lee- Mike Owens

Waco Midway- The crying after 08 and 09 playoff games

Lufkin- Obnoxious fans in the early-mid 00s 

Sulphur Springs- A lot of bark, not much bite. Sadly when we played them in the mid 2010s, all their fans must've had paper bags over their heads, cause it wasn't anything like it was in 08 and 09 (before we smacked them both times lol!!)

• Like 1

Crandall, 45 years ago we played jv, their assistant coaches called the game. We had 2 touchdowns called back first time we had the ball. They had 55 yards of penalties, we had 275 yards. Yep we lost. Our boys were afraid th breath. I am just venting, this game just stuck in my head😁😎

• Like 1

Guest Tiger03lb

Kemp- after the 18' game with the flag and coach incident

Kerens- rivalry game

MV- can't stand most of their aggrogent fans and the crowd booing every penalty against them

Horns and the buckeyes

A top 5?

5) Tyler - I mean, they had to be on this list from a Longview stand point.

4) Port Neches-Groves - The few interactions with their fan base that I've had has been one of the worst I've ever come across. Never seen a fanbase so entitled for doing nothing since the late 90s.

3) Lake Travis - Because I'm petty.

2) Whitehouse - 2009 meeting was my first glimpse after hearing several stories about their fanbase, and everything I had heard was confirmed. I will be happy if they go 0-10 every season.

1) Lufkin - Top rival, nothing will top that.

• Like 1
  • LOL! 1

1. Henderson - our rival even though they won’t play us anymore.

2. Liberty Hill - these folks drive me crazy. Their offense, uggghhh, and their fans who were chanting overrated at us in 2018 and just obnoxiously reveling in snapping our 40 game win streak. LH beat us both times we played them too, so I’m sore about it, haha.

3. Brownwood - the lead up to our 2010 game their fans acted like the Lions were the Captain America led Dallas Cowboys about to play a 1A JV team with a bunch of two-way starters.

4. Argyle - this was a good rivalry and they were gifted life in Mansfield. Had that terrible personal foul call against Ed Pope not happened we had the game sown up, what an atrocious call.  

5. Oklahoma Sooners

6. Notre Dame

7. New York Yankees

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, HearEmaGrowlin said:

2. Liberty Hill - these folks drive me crazy. Their offense, uggghhh, and their fans who were chanting overrated at us in 2018 and just obnoxiously reveling in snapping our 40 game win streak. LH beat us both times we played them too, so I’m sore about it, haha.

3. Brownwood - the lead up to our 2010 game their fans acted like the Lions were the Captain America led Dallas Cowboys about to play a 1A JV team with a bunch of two-way starters.

4. Argyle - this was a good rivalry and they were gifted life in Mansfield. Had that terrible personal foul call against Ed Pope not happened we had the game sown up, what an atrocious call.  

5. Oklahoma Sooners

6. Notre Dame

7. New York Yankees

1- that’s heartbreaking isn’t it? When you want someone but they don’t want you 😂

2- it will always grind my gears that we didn’t get at least one on them. They can say they have had our number for sure.

4-they have fans that talk wayyy too much 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, LoboFan07 said:

3) Lake Travis - Because I'm petty.

Ohhhhhh......We can be petty?  Oh boy....

Odessa Permian, Whitehouse, Lake Highlands, Evangel, Ennis, Highland Park, Whitehouse, Huntsville, Crosby, Nederland, Houston Yates, Whitehouse......

• LOL! 1

1 hour ago, HearEmaGrowlin said:

5. Oklahoma Sooners

6. Notre Dame

7. New York Yankees

So , on the LH losses, their old school offense bested your chunk and dunk😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

1 hour ago, HearEmaGrowlin said:

Being from Liberty Hill... I'd have to say

Carthage:  They (at least the fans on here) talked so much smack, but couldn't back it up.  Always good to taper even good smack talk with some humility, just in case.  

Gilmer:  Pretty much same reason as Carthage.  It has been a while, but when Liberty Hill whipped them like a red headed step child, they were so full of it leading up to that game and then after the initial kickoff it looked like Gilmer was a JV squad.  I think that was played in Waco around 2007.  That is still remembered as a sweet win due to Gilmer fan's thinking they were invincible.

Holland:  They're not very good, somewhat obscure, not a team anyone thinks of very often, and that's okay, but "CenTexFootball" fan, aka The Sage of Holland Football, makes it impossible to like them even when I've wanted to pull for them.

30 minutes ago, Destry said:

So , on the LH losses, their old school offense bested your chunk and dunk😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

That Wishbone was a MONSTER. 

And Lake Highlands absolutely owned the old East Texas 5A district in the playoffs.

I attended both playoff losses at Texas Stadium they handed Marshall in 1994 and 1996.

I saw them end Nacogdoches' cinderella run in..... 1992 (???) at Texas Stadium

I saw them beat Lufkin down at SFA...... I even felt sick for LP in that one (97??)

Saw them beat JT at Texas Stadium (98??)

They were a beast against East Texas.

Luckily.... the internet was in it's infancy back then.... so there wasn't a TON of online smack talk back in those days

22 minutes ago, Everide2016 said:

Being from Liberty Hill... I'd have to say

Carthage:  They (at least the fans on here) talked so much smack, but couldn't back it up.  Always good to taper even good smack talk with some humility, just in case.  

Gilmer:  Pretty much same reason as Carthage.  It has been a while, but when Liberty Hill whipped them like a red headed step child, they were so full of it leading up to that game and then after the initial kickoff it looked like Gilmer was a JV squad.  I think that was played in Waco around 2007.  That is still remembered as a sweet win due to Gilmer fan's thinking they were invincible.

Holland:  They're not very good, somewhat obscure, not a team anyone thinks of very often, and that's okay, but "CenTexFootball" fan, aka The Sage of Holland Football, makes it impossible to like them even when I've wanted to pull for them.

Being from Carthage…

There is always gonna be a few who will talk the smackest smack no matter what. Whether it be because it’s fun to them or they truly believe, it’s different for each person.  I personally know that no matter how good I had felt about the team we had the last time we played, when it came time for LH in the semifinals I just had a bad feeling due to the previous match. 

4 hours ago, Mavchamp said:

5.  Odessa Permian:  book/movie says it all/ 1989

4.  Crosby:  talk like they are Allen:Katy/SLC  But their really just a fancy Whitehouse   

3.  DeSoto:  some folks deserve one another  

2. Dallas Carter:  Cheater cheater pumpkin eater

1. Whitehouse:  Because.

Dishonorable mention:  Huntsville,  Whitehouse middle school 

You and the Whitehouse thing is old, it was funny the first 600 times you said it, but now you sound dumb. I’ve seen them play in several different sports the last two years since we moved to the area and I’ve never once seen them do all the things you claim. Watched them in two football games last year, zero cheap stuff and their fans were fine. Saw a playoff baseball game with them and their kids and fans were very energetic, not disrespectful, saw a really good clean hard-nosed game. Maybe things were bad in the past with them, I have no idea nor do I care, but I know they’ve changed coaches in several sports and the times I’ve seen them they were fun to watch and not disrespectful in any way. Trust me I’ve seen disrespectful in the Metroplex before we moved to the Piney Woods.

• Like 1
  • Stinks 1

37 minutes ago, mikehoncho said:

Being from Carthage…

There is always gonna be a few who will talk the smackest smack no matter what. Whether it be because it’s fun to them or they truly believe, it’s different for each person.  I personally know that no matter how good I had felt about the team we had the last time we played, when it came time for LH in the semifinals I just had a bad feeling due to the previous match. 

I felt ok, but knew our defense was not nearly as good as it was in 2017.

Then we dropped about three sure touchdowns.

LH played great that night and ran all over us, but they never should’ve won that game.

The 2007 defeat to Liberty Hill was Surratt’s first season and they went on to win state. I don’t feel as bad about ‘07 as I do ‘18.

2018 felt like we brought that loss upon ourselves.