What team(s) will you absolutely NEVER cheer for no matter what?

Mavchamp

20 minutes ago, Ace1122 said:

You and the Whitehouse thing is old, it was funny the first 600 times you said it, but now you sound dumb. 

No...IT IS still funny.  To everyone NOT in Whitehouse.  

And FYI....it's not just me.  It's practically universal on Smoaky from fans from Marshall, Tyler, Lufkin, Longview, Nacogdoches, Pine Tree, Jacksonville, Mount Pleasant, Texarkana.

We've all experienced it first hand.  More than once.  In more than just football.

I'm sorry you don't like that fact.  But it's a fact.

And cookie to Whitehouse for being civil for a change.  But toxic culture like that doesn't magically disappear overnight because a new coach rolls into town.  Sorry.  Not buying it.

It doesn't erase a lot of ill-feelings that have been going on for a LONG...LONG time from a lot of fandoms across the region. 

Ask Lobo fans.  Mav fans.  LP fans.  Nac...MP...Jax.... Tyler...Texas High.....etc...etc....  It's still hilarious laughing at them.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

18 minutes ago, HearEmaGrowlin said:

I felt ok, but knew our defense was not nearly as good as it was in 2017.

Then we dropped about three sure touchdowns.

LH played great that night and ran all over us, but they never should’ve won that game.

The 2007 defeat to Liberty Hill was Surratt’s first season and they went on to win state. I don’t feel as bad about ‘07 as I do ‘18.

2018 felt like we brought that loss upon ourselves.

That pretty much says it all....  "they never should've won that game."  That's the very mindset that may have assisted LH in winning the game.  Perhaps the Carthage players had this same mindset, underestimating Liberty Hill and subsequently getting punched in the nose.

Just now, Everide2016 said:

That pretty much says it all....  "they never should've won that game."  That's the very mindset that may have assisted LH in winning the game.  Perhaps the Carthage players had this same mindset, underestimating Liberty Hill and subsequently getting punched in the nose.

Well, it’s just the truth whether it’s a popular opinion in Liberty Hill or not.  Saying that doesn’t make me some arrogant punk, we literally dropped multiple TD passes that would’ve put Carthage up 21 or 28-7 in the first half.

Surely you were at the game and witnessed Bulldog receivers dropping at least three passes where they were anywhere from 5 yards to 15 yards beyond any LH defender and the goal line.

Yes, y’all ran the ball down our throats, but it’s not like y’all beat us by two scores or something.

Y’all beat us twice and you did earn both of the victories, but that doesn’t mean LH did not receive some assistance along the way during the ‘18 game.

Y’all did exactly what you had to do to win and Carthage did not, congratulations.

LH is one of the few, maybe the only, team to knock the Bulldogs out of the football playoffs twice during the Surratt Era. Pretty awesome.

29 minutes ago, HearEmaGrowlin said:

I felt ok, but knew our defense was not nearly as good as it was in 2017.

Then we dropped about three sure touchdowns.

LH played great that night and ran all over us, but they never should’ve won that game.

The 2007 defeat to Liberty Hill was Surratt’s first season and they went on to win state. I don’t feel as bad about ‘07 as I do ‘18.

2018 felt like we brought that loss upon ourselves.

If D Smith was at Carthage in 2007, not sure LH wins that game. 
2018 still makes me sick. Three touch down passes dropped and no defender within five yards of the receivers. 
LV running back after the game interview said Carthage was easy to beat  

Yes LH is the only team I just don’t like. 

• Love 1

5 hours ago, Mavchamp said:

Make it juicy and say why. 

And….go!

🍿🍿🍿 

5. Lake Travis... 08 & 09.

4. PNG...worst fans even when their team sucks! Even at 7on7!

3. Midway...let me count the ways!

2. Whitehouse...there is not one single redeeming quality. Tell us to take a knee again.

1. Tyler...Even less redeeming than Whiehouse, if that is possible, and for totaly different reasons. Their color is blue and they call themselves Cujo, which is a dog not a lion. I will go to my grave wishing not so nice things. 🐺>🦁

Honorable Mention:

Lufkin...because 13 years is hard to get over. 

GO LOBOS!

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, HearEmaGrowlin said:

I would like to hear one good (bad) Whitehouse story from one of you anti-Whitehouse guys.

How about playing against them in the volleyball playoffs and their students were there with a sign talking about our uneducated black kids. Our principal had to go to the Hawkins janitor and have him take down the sign because the WH school official didn't think it was a problem.

And I have more stories just like it. 

• Like 1
  • Wow 1
  • Angry 1

3 minutes ago, LOBOFAN84 said:

How about playing against them in the volleyball playoffs and their students were there with a sign talking about our uneducated black kids. Our principal had to go to the Hawkins janitor and have him take down the sign because the WH school official didn't think it was a problem.

And I have more stories just like it. 

Stay classy, Whitehouse!

5 hours ago, RETIREDFAN1 said:

Sealy 

Canton

Sealy because I was in their district during their state streak and T.J. Mills was a world class jerk....

Canton because I was at Kemp when Kinne came and made them the dirtiest team in Texas......looks like he's doing the same at Buna......

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Mavchamp said:

No...IT IS still funny.  To everyone NOT in Whitehouse.  

And FYI....it's not just me.  It's practically universal on Smoaky from fans from Marshall, Tyler, Lufkin, Longview, Nacogdoches, Pine Tree, Jacksonville, Mount Pleasant, Texarkana.

We've all experienced it first hand.  More than once.  In more than just football.

I'm sorry you don't like that fact.  But it's a fact.

And cookie to Whitehouse for being civil for a change.  But toxic culture like that doesn't magically disappear overnight because a new coach rolls into town.  Sorry.  Not buying it.

It doesn't erase a lot of ill-feelings that have been going on for a LONG...LONG time from a lot of fandoms across the region. 

Ask Lobo fans.  Mav fans.  LP fans.  Nac...MP...Jax.... Tyler...Texas High.....etc...etc....  It's still hilarious laughing at them.

I would venture to say that all of those schools you mentioned would have folks that would say Marshall is just as bad or worse, it works both ways. That’s every school, they all have people that don’t like their kids or whatever.  In the DFW, everyone hates Argyle, or Allen kids, or more recently the Frisco schools. All I was saying was I’ve heard they have had a complete turnover of head coaches in the last five years and from what I’ve seen, they have been fine. Again we have only been here about three years and haven’t seen a lot. Wanted to see Mahomes’ hometown play so we have been to some of their games. Granted it was football and baseball and not an indoor sport like you speak of with the student sections.

3 minutes ago, RETIREDFAN1 said:

Sealy because I was in their district during their state streak and T.J. Mills was a world class jerk....

I hate speaking bad about the dead but that SOB never pulled his starters in an 85-0 game against Rice Consolidated.....guess where I was at.....lol

2 minutes ago, Ace1122 said:

I would venture to say that all of those schools you mentioned would have folks that would say Marshall is just as bad or worse, it works both ways. That’s every school, they all have people that don’t like their kids or whatever.  In the DFW, everyone hates Argyle, or Allen kids, or more recently the Frisco schools. All I was saying was I’ve heard they have had a complete turnover of head coaches in the last five years and from what I’ve seen, they have been fine. Again we have only been here about three years and haven’t seen a lot. Wanted to see Mahomes’ hometown play so we have been to some of their games. Granted it was football and baseball and not an indoor sport like you speak of with the student sections.

Sooo...because you haven't witnessed it.... then it no longer exists?

Because it was present last school year.  Basketball.  Volleyball.  Soccer.  It was discussed ad nauseum on this site by their district opponents.

And you are correct.... there are people that don't like Marshall.  Some that don't like Longview.  Texas High.  Etc, etc......

But NONE of us....i repeat...NONE of us have the reputation that Whitehouse has.

And as shameful as the behavior by some of their athletes is....and more-so their student sections is..... what really irks people is how complicit their administration and most markedly their other fans are of said behavior.

• Love 1

3 minutes ago, RETIREDFAN1 said:

I hate speaking bad about the dead but that SOB never pulled his starters in an 85-0 game against Rice Consolidated.....guess where I was at.....lol

This is one of the things I like a lot about Surratt.

SS is not going to run it up. I can’t tell you how many times we’d be winning 42-0 or whatever at halftime and the final score be 49-7 or something.

SS loves getting his backups meaningful game action, while protecting his starters from injury and not embarrassing the opponent.

Now, with that said, during the first half SS is going to try to score as many points as possible!

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Ace1122 said:

Hmmmm...maybe.  But Marshall has never had multiple threads and multiple posts for multiple years discussing the rankness of their fans.

Just now, HearEmaGrowlin said:

This is one of the things I like a lot about Surratt.

SS is not going to run it up. I can’t tell you how many times we’d be winning 42-0 or whatever at halftime and the final score be 49-7 or something.

SS loves getting his backups meaningful game action, while protecting his starters from injury and not embarrassing the opponent.

Now, with that said, during the first half SS is going to try to score as many points as possible!

Well he was pissed because of the game the year before......he was flipping us off and we caught all of it on vid and sent it to UIL....they reprimanded him.....T.J. Mills was the definition of jerk......

Just now, RETIREDFAN1 said:

Well he was pissed because of the game the year before......he was flipping us off and we caught all of it on vid and sent it to UIL....they reprimanded him.....T.J. Mills was the definition of jerk......

They beat us 65-6 that one.....lol