What team(s) will you absolutely NEVER cheer for no matter what?

Mavchamp

5. Cleveland-Long standing rivalry with the school I graduated from. Buses were rocked, busted windows, fights on the field and sidelines.

4. Liberty Hill- Saw the players and coaches throw away their state runner-up medals in another sport. AD was there and did nothing. 

3. UT- Because of their arrogance...even when they suck and I always love the underdogs. 

2. Dallas Cowgirls-No explanation needed.

1. Crockett- So many examples of absolutely terrible sportsmanship and total lack of class I could give...I'll relate just one that pretty much sums it up. Playing them at their place and our starting running back breaks off a great run and ends up out of bounds on their sideline...late hit by several Bull-puppies and our RB doesn't get up. Broken femur because of late hit and of course the players and coaches are celebrating. I have to stay over on their sideline with our player to wait for the ambulance. Their trainer or coaches did nothing to help. Not even control their players who were dancing around laughing while our player is in sever pain. If you have ever seen a broken femur you will understand. Finally get him loaded in the ambulance to take him to the hospital and their "fans" block the exit doing some kind of dance while holding their crotches...and that by friends is why I detest the town and the fans so much.

• Thanks 1

I can't say there are any high school teams I always root against. Once teams get to the playoffs I always root for our bEAST Texas teams.

Now in the college ranks I can say I always root against Alabama.

I hate that I've seen PN-G mentioned in several comments. I was at their game last Friday night and I never heard any of their fans, coaches or players being rude. Of course I'm a little prejudice because my grandsons go to school there.

Those 2 posters that mentioned the Indians will be happy to know that PN-G got stomped by a really good Port Arthur Memorial team. 😂

7 hours ago, mikehoncho said:

What do you mean about Carthage shouldn’t be in 4A? They are in small division 4A. Not even borderline. And living here I can tell you we have not seen a ton of growth.

Lmao....he said Carthage shouldn't be 4A lol. Their enrollment is closer to 3A than they are 5A lol. 

• LOL! 1

5 minutes ago, Eagle8 said:

Lmao....he said Carthage shouldn't be 4A lol. They're enrollment is closer to 3A than they are 5A lol. 

That’s not first time we’ve heard it and hopefully won’t be the last.

Many people equate championships earned in repetitive fashion at one classification means that school surely needs to be moved up a classification, and that may be what’s happened in this instance. 

51 minutes ago, blesseddaily said:

5. Cleveland-Long standing rivalry with the school I graduated from. Buses were rocked, busted windows, fights on the field and sidelines.

4. Liberty Hill- Saw the players and coaches throw away their state runner-up medals in another sport. AD was there and did nothing. 

3. UT- Because of their arrogance...even when they suck and I always love the underdogs. 

2. Dallas Cowgirls-No explanation needed.

1. Crockett- So many examples of absolutely terrible sportsmanship and total lack of class I could give...I'll relate just one that pretty much sums it up. Playing them at their place and our starting running back breaks off a great run and ends up out of bounds on their sideline...late hit by several Bull-puppies and our RB doesn't get up. Broken femur because of late hit and of course the players and coaches are celebrating. I have to stay over on their sideline with our player to wait for the ambulance. Their trainer or coaches did nothing to help. Not even control their players who were dancing around laughing while our player is in sever pain. If you have ever seen a broken femur you will understand. Finally get him loaded in the ambulance to take him to the hospital and their "fans" block the exit doing some kind of dance while holding their crotches...and that by friends is why I detest the town and the fans so much.

Sounds about right

• Like 1

11 hours ago, LoboFan07 said:

Bingo.

The fact that we have to be in a district with them now is one of the worst things coming out of realignment. Just having to deal with their fans/students across the board, nightmare.

You’re Longview, was 6a, now 5a, being in the same district you should be fine so who cares how the kid section is. Play the game, ignore them, and you should beat Whitehouse in those sports that you share the same district based on enrollment and number of athletes period. I think they’re pretty good again in baseball and maybe softball? Other than that, y’all should roll. Hoping to see a great game in Tyler. First time for us to see the two Tyler teams play each other. I’m sure many of you want to root against both teams. I just wanna see good ball.

1. Shelbyville. Why? Well I typed out an in depth reason yesterday and it was deleted. So I'll just say look at who the coach was for the 2014 and 2015 seasons and how that section of Shelby County acted in the time frame he was there.

2. Beckville. Because my junior year I only played in 9&1/4 regular season football games because of a decision they made which led to me making a decision I shouldn't have made.

And now I'm gonna do something nobody else has done on this thread.

3. THE LOGANSPORT LOUISIANA TIGERS. When I was a child this wasn't the friendly rivalry it is now. I remember having a pep rally at the football stadium the Friday the Rams played them and during the pep rally Logansport football players came driving by the stadium in 2-3 trucks loaded down. 

On 9/2/2022 at 11:57 AM, PelvisPresley said:

CARTHAGE and PLEASANT GROVE (both super arrogant & Carthage shouldn't be in 4A still) top the list...LIBERTY EYLAU (I still have my drawers in a knot over Wil Middlebrooks team) and JOHN TYLER on the next tier close.

Carthage lie on their enrollment by a couple hundred???

Super Arrogant? Sounds like someone is jealous of success.

• Thanks 1

On 9/2/2022 at 11:57 AM, PelvisPresley said:

CARTHAGE and PLEASANT GROVE (both super arrogant & Carthage shouldn't be in 4A still) top the list...LIBERTY EYLAU (I still have my drawers in a knot over Wil Middlebrooks team) and JOHN TYLER on the next tier close.

Will Middlebrooks lol I remembered him. As he was getting drafted by MLB in 2007 my Jasper Bulldogs were working on 10 run ruling him at UIL Baseball state tourney.

Good times!

• Like 1
  • LOL! 1